Cabo Real’s course winds through scenic cactus lined canyons, hills, and arroyos down to the shoreline where the desert meets the sea. A total of nine spectacular oceanfront holes embrace Cabo Real’s 3-1/2 miles of coastline. The golf course was designed by Robert Trent Jones II and has its own distinct personality with unique challenges that will inspire the golfers skills of every level.

Cabo Real Golf Course.

Year Built 1996
Greens TIF Dwarf Grass

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required. No swimwear, cut-offs, halter tops or tank tops, blue or denim jeans. Collared is required, pants or bermuda.

Snacks

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Riding

Quebec Advisor

Good course, better staff!

Our first round in Cabo was at Cabo Real. From bag drop all the way to pick-up, the staff was phenomenal in greeting us, directing us, with the service cart coming around often for timely snacks and beers.

The layout is interesting and features some good views, elevation changes, and a generally fun and fair layout, despite the heavy winds we had in our round. Carts are equipped with GPS, so no need to guess your distances.

Maintenance was perhaps the only weaker point, with some greens being spotty, and fringes being burnt out.

Overall, a good choice especially as part of the Questro package for better pricing.

The Staff Makes the Difference

Twilight round at 3:30 to take advantage of huge price break. Price was low but the experience was high. Course was in excellent condition offering beautiful vistas seemingly at every turn and only saw another group once 6 holes ahead of us. So it was basically like your own private course. Fairways and greens were generous that presented options for stress free golf or higher levels of risk depending upon your appetite. Staff was outstanding. Genuinely friendly and waiting for us post round with cool towels, drinks, and big smiles. Like family. Played the ocean course at Cabo del Sol the day before. Beautiful, professional but more of a corporate sterile feel to it. Minders everywhere. Like playing with your boss. I preferred the relaxation of the former.

Still a nice experience in Los Cabos

Played first at Cabo Real 21 years ago. Even will loss of Par 3 on the beach, it's still a good layout and fairly priced for the area.

Quality experience

Maybe I got lucky, but I showed up at 1030am for an 1130 am tee time and I was told I could go out anytime (by myself). Played 18 in just 3 hrs, played through a couple of groups, but the golf course was fairly quiet. Course was in very good shape, apart from the somewhat soft fairways. Picked up several mud balls, and was getting very little roll. Talked with the staff in the shop after my round and they told me they water the fairways quite a bit to keep things green. I'll take less green and more roll please! Layout was good and the back nine is certainly more difficult than the front. Staff and course rangers were very friendly.

Cabo Real a real experience.

As I looked at Facebook this morning I was reminded of the fact that one year ago I was golfing Cabo Real. I remember that I was in heaven golfing. It was my second day of golfing in Cabo but this course was my favourite. I am an amateur golfer to say the least. However I found this course was a little bit more amateur friendly and you didn't have to play target golf as much. The views were amazing and the holes very different from each other. They all offered something different. True ocean side masterpiece.

British Columbia Advisor

Enjoyable

Cabo Real played very well. Pace of play was excellent, conditions very good. Like almost all course in Mexico, they are just groomed perfectly which makes the experience special.

I will forsure play again when I'm back.

Cabo Real still a beauty despite the loss of a beachfront par 3

When I last visited Cabo Real in early 2012, I was disheartened to learn it would lose its beachfront par-3 15th hole to a redesign by original architect Robert Trent Jones Jr.
I haven't been back to see the changes yet, but I'm pretty confident those who have never played there before won't miss it one bit.
During the 2012 redo, Jones moved the 14th green closer to the shore. The new no. 15, an uphill 211-yard par 3, heads away from the beach instead of playing alongside it. The new 16th hole, a strenuous par-4, was constructed across the street near the two finishing holes.
The front nine, by far the toughest loop in Los Cabos, climbs into the mountains with gulches and arroyos collecting every errant shot. Don't fret about losing too many balls. Just enjoy the panoramic scenery of the Sea of Cortez.

Most challenging front nine in cabo

A little rough on maintainence right now. Still very difficult and avg golfer should take extra balls or play forward tees.

Los Cabos, Baja California