Miami Beach Golf Club

Originally opened in 1923, Miami Beach golf club was given an $11 million face-lift and reopened in 2002. The result is a championship layout masterfully designed by world-renowned architect Arthur Hills. The course sits quietly nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and Biscayne Bay, minutes from South Beach and scores of world-class hotels, restaurants. When you first play this course, you may think it has been designed exclusively for long hitters. Don't worry -- many holes are dogleg designs that allow you to bite off a good portion of the distance with good tee shots. Greens are well bunkered and elevated. Several beautiful and strategically placed lakes enhance the charm of the course. The once tired and under-utilized Bayshore has now become the elegant and highly regarded Miami Beach Golf Club.
Miami Beach Golf Club
Scorecard for Miami Beach Golf Club
Black M: 74.2/138 594 360 153 437 493 137 360 370 233 3137 523 453 567 410 210 553 347 183 430 3676 6813
Blue M: 72.0/134 570 343 140 420 473 120 333 353 207 2959 500 437 550 377 193 533 323 158 400 3471 6430
White M: 69.4/126 W: 75.2/141 517 323 117 397 460 100 298 333 170 2715 463 407 527 340 167 503 296 123 367 3193 5908
Red M: 65.6/114 W: 70.7/124 450 260 100 337 413 83 227 236 127 2233 433 380 403 297 120 473 277 103 320 2806 5039

Year Built 1923
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Greens Paspalum Grass

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. Proper attire includes: golf shirts with collar, golf sweater, golf slacks, proper length shorts, soft spike golf shoes or rubber soled shoes.

Good Florida Golf

Had a great time — I signed up as a single and played w three other golfers. We all had a great time. My only criticism was paying $120 as a nonresident — don’t get me wrong, the course, staff, and playing partners were great. $120 great? In July? At 9:30? Not sure $120 great.

Great track

I stayed in Miami Beach for a few days. I played this course twice. Each time was a pleasure. The greens, fairways and tee boxes were immaculate. It’s a wonderful golf course. Now I was able to play at the south Florida resident’s rate. If I had to pay the $200+ out of town rate my review would be the same except a much lower rate for “value.” This is a $70-$80 course not $200.

Slowwww

Called course to ask pave if play. Said a little over 4 hours. I walked off course on 12th hole 3 1/2 hours. Couldn’t take it any more. When I went to club house to ask for some compensation said no way. Disappointed. If they told me up front it was a 5 hour I wouldn’t have played that course.

Perfect shape despite hurricane, nice layout

The greens, fairways, rough, and traps were in perfect shape, as if there had been no hurricane. There were a few piles of brush/branches on the sides of some holes that had not yet been removed. Regarding the course layout, it has different types of holes and green complexes. Not a crazy long course, but several individual holes are long. Nice, interesting course.

I've played this course a lot with the Premier Card (basically a card for locals, you pay an upfront fee to get discounted round prices during the summer months on a number of area courses). This course is just $35 with the Premier Card, as opposed to $120 without. I wouldn't pay $120 to play it given cheaper alternatives of good quality, such as Jacaranda or Plantation Preserve. But I can see how someone trying to squeeze in a round while on vacation would pay that.

Georgia Advisor

Fun course and great conditions

I really enjoyed the course and the layout of the course. I played in the middle of August and it is VERY hot and humid in South FL. When I called the course they told me they had coolers to use prior to me arriving at the course. When I arrived at the course and went to the snack bar to get a cooler I was told they did not have any coolers and they only thing they could do for me was to give me a bag of ice. A bag of ice lasts for only a few minutes when it is 94 degrees outside with a heat index of 101. The saving grace of the day as far as heat and hydration was that the beverage cart was out and I was able to get drinks from the beverage cart. I did not like hitting from mats at the range. The course is in South Florida. Grass grows like crazy. you should not have to hit from rubber mats in the middle of summer in South Fl.

However, the course was in great condition and the greens were VERY good. The greens were smooth, fast and had very few ball marks. There were lots of iguanas around the course. I have never seen so many iguanas on a golf course as I did at Miami Beach Golf Club. I like iguanas and I enjoyed seeing them. I live in Atlanta and you do not see iguanas in Atlanta so that was fun and nice to see lots of iguanas. I would play the course again without question however, I would be prepared and have my own drinks and cooler since one is not available on the carts or for use from the snack bar.

Not going back

They made zero mention of the golf greens recently being aerated ...when mentioning it at the pro shop they just simply laughed and said "yeah we don't post that to inform anyone" .... $120 on a round when the greens are bunkers

Pace of play abysmal

Pace of play was 5:15 with a goal of 4:20. Despite conversation with course during play about the problem, golf course personnel were unresponsive. Given $120 price tag, I won't ever play there again.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018