Normandy Shores Golf Club

Greens Paspalum Grass

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express
Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim OK

Gem

Beautiful looking course set on a small piece of land. Narrow holes built with challenging shot choices. Greens, fairways, tees, rough all in great shape. Loved it.

Not bad

One of the better Miami public courses, Miami Beach and International links have better conditions but this is a fun course to play in a nice neighborhood

Great condition

Playing around South Florida a lot (in non-premium courses), this course stands out in the condition of the greens (some of the best I've seen in this area) as well as fairways. With a slope rating of 131, it isn't the easiest course I've been on. But it was a pleasure playing in a well-kept course.

Convenient and pleasant for Miami Beach-bound golfers

Normandy Shores is a bit of a mashup, as golf courses go. The original course was laid out by Toomey & Flynn, who also designed nearby super-exclusive Indian Creek, in the 40s. But while Indian Creek has preserved its classic heritage, Normandy Shores was modernized a bit by Arthur Hills in the early 2000s.

Hills did exercise a lighter touch here than at some places, though, and the pushed-up greens and bunkering is mostly pretty solid. There's a bit of water in play, especially off the tee, so bashing driver on every hole is not generally advisable. Luckily, the course is on the shorter side, so you can get around alright.

Keep in mind that proximity to Miami Beach means green fees are a bit on the high side.

Good course

Course in very good condition, greens are fast but in great shape. I would play it again!

Terrible 9th and 18th hole

On vacation and first time playing the course. Price for the course is more than others in the area but the course was in very good condition. Greens were fast and rolled nice. Fairways were also nice with good roll and easy to hit from. Was loving the course until I reached the 9th hole. What a bad hole. The hole does not fit the rest of the course which is generally open and forgiving. Seems like they ran out of land or took land from 9 and 18 to put in a driving range. Wear a hard hat, as I was also almost hit with numerous balls from the driving range while waiting to hit my approach shot to 9. 18 is a similar hole with almost no landing area and a poorly placed fairway bunker which obscures a pond. Thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the course and would play it again.
Also watch out for the automatic 18% gratuity on food and drinks. Wondered why my soda and sandwich cost $20 from the cart girl. She neglected to mention auto gratuity and of course I nievely tipped her more. Only found this out when I looked at my receipt in the bar.

Present round

With the exception of slow greens due to recent airation and cross cut, the course is in very nice shape.

Please advertise when corse has been aerated!!!

I’ve played here many times and have found the course to be a great layout and normally in good condition. I was very disappointed to find out that the course had been aerated when I arrived without any prior notice on the website. The greens and tee boxes were unusable on some holes. I get that aeration is important part of the greenskeeping but the course should have to disclose this and it should be advertised in clear view on the GN app. Waste of time and money.

Many people

Many people so much play together. So fast. And the fairways was so hard, dry,

Nice Location for Holf

It’s a little pearl for golfing in Miami. The fairways and green in top condition. Fair price for good golf!

Below Par, But Still Worthwhile

Due to sand topdressing a few days before my round, the greens were as slow as the rude pair of hackers who refused to allowed my colleague and I to play through and finish last seven holes in timely fashion. Otherwise, we cruised through this entertaining, old-school course, thanks to reliably well-manicured fairways and forgiving rough. Lack of on-course cart service and ranger disappointed, as well as overbooked tee times. Still, helpful starter who expertly routed us to back nine first, $50 discounted rate and gorgeous, sun-drenched day, smoothed the edges of a jagged round.

Great course. Slow play

We’ve been trying all the courses in the Miami area. Normandy Shores and The Biltmore and the nicest/most expensive.
NS was Close to a 5 hour round
Our tee time was 12:29 and we hit the first ball at 1pm

So instead of being off the course at 4:30 (4 hour round starting at 12:29) we got off the course near 6 (1pm and 4:50 round)

Staff was amazing and course is beautiful. Will try it again and hope for better

Normandy Shores Golf Club

My foursome enjoyed this course. Friendly staff and scenic surroundings. Tee box,fairways, and greens in great shape. I would recommend stopping in area and play this course.

Disappointed!

Visited Florida for three days of golf. Played Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club, Osprey Point, and then Normandy Shores.

Loved the first two courses and was excited to play Normandy based on reviews and pictures on Google Maps and YouTube.

Course is listed as 6500 from the whites but played more like 6100. It was a very windy day so we thought it would be a lot tougher than it was.

Practice area is nothing special and the driving range is narrow and we hit off of mats. As far as the course the greens were in nice shape but they had very little break to most of them. Course is pretty open, there are some trees but nothing you can't punch out from.

I was expecting a very nice course based on the Non Resident rate of $125 but was surprised that it failed in comparison to Osprey Point which was about $75. The tee times are set up 7 minutes apart and the pace of play was BRUTAL. These are the kind of rounds that makes you wanna quit golf. We waited on every shot on the front nine and it was obvious the group two ahead of us was holding up the group in front of us. We kept our fingers crossed that we might be able to jump ahead after the front nine but to our disgust as we approached the 10th tee there was a group waiting, a group walking off the tee, a group approaching the green, and a group walking off the green. If this was a home course we would have walked off by about the 13th hole and never returned.

We should have played Osprey Point again.

Great layout and greens , pace of play great for Miami

Miami Shores, Florida
North Miami Beach, Florida
Fisher Island, Florida
Miami Springs, Florida
Hallandale, Florida
Key Biscayne, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.