Miami Shores Country Club

Historic Miami Shores Country Club offers a classic 18-hole championship golf course that is the home of a vast array of sub-tropical wildlife and vegetation. The Club has been host to a number of prestigious events including the Florida State Open. Celebrities such as Bob Hope, Joe DiMaggio, Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino have graced the lush fairways. The front nine calls for precise approach shots into small well bunkered, contoured greens. The incoming nine calls for well-placed tee shots. This Red Laurence designed course offers other amenities like a 120 seat lounge with a panoramic view of the golf course and lighted driving range, six clay tennis courts, three hard courts, swimming pool, extra large men's and ladies' locker rooms and a staff that understands the meaning of service.
Miami Shores Country Club
Scorecard for Miami Shores Country Club
Blue M: 71.5/124 530 155 365 380 432 422 598 186 155 3223 328 391 361 502 417 419 416 233 415 3482 6705
White M: 69.5/121 W: 75.8/139 520 145 355 370 422 412 515 160 145 3044 318 317 332 492 407 409 406 180 405 3266 6310
Gold M: 67.3/119 W: 73.2/124 461 115 317 330 372 363 438 143 116 2655 300 310 268 435 348 324 358 155 358 2856 5511
Red W: 68.6/122 400 100 257 320 362 288 400 133 108 2368 292 300 250 384 320 310 348 149 310 2663 5031

Year Built 1939
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Red Lawrence

Delightful

It was a delight to play this course. I was looking for a course to play in the Miami area that was in good shape and reasonable and not overly challenging-- I found it: Miami Shores. The course was in great shape, especially the greens which were firm and rolled perfectly. Fairways, tees, traps all in good condition. Some undulation, especially with greens which are pretty much all plateau-like. Iguanas romp around near the waterways and help you find errant shots. Staff was good. Price was good. Highly recommended.

Nice course - Interesting greens

The course is in good conditions, while there were several tees and car paths closed for repairs. Greens are firm, on the fast side, well kept and very true. Bunkers are too compacted.

The layout is not too complicated or difficult. Some uncommon elevations and not a lot of water (3 shots over canals) , for South Florida standards.

The course defenses are the penal rough -with plenty of high St Augustine mixed with Bermuda- and especially the small, elevated and hard greens. It's difficult to hold the approaches. The strategy is to approach in front of the pins and let it roll, unless you have lost of height and backspin..

I found out walking is allowed, so maybe next time.

I think the course's slopes (131/130/129) are higher than the actual difficulty. They were lower before and the design has not changed.

I hit a better than average score, and I have my best score ever in this course, so it should not be that difficult.

I enjoyed this course. It was in great condition and had a pretty good layout - definitely worth the rate if you are playing during the summer. Relatively easy round of 18.

Good course at a reasonable price

As an English man killing my last few days in the US (I was looking for a round or two to squeeze in after spending the week at Trump Doral), I discovered the course on the GolfNow app.

Condition or standard-wise It's no Blue Monster but to be honest, I found it just as enjoyable.

Played from the back tees it presents a slight challenge for a mid to low handicapper and there is some variation. Greens are good (not too tough to read), and the overall condition was fair.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, the food reasonably priced. If it was on a Hot Deal I would play it again (the standard green fee is too high in my opinion).

Good Course

Old, established course, well maintained. I play it every time I visit Miami.

Small greens

Need good iron shots to small greens but birdies are there if U hit them

Flood!

Course was flooded; they should have probably closed, but hey-it beats work!

Good course

Course is playing pretty fair. The fairways are wide enough to stay on them. I was surprised to find the greens in such excellent conditions. I would play there again.

Respect?

Still great greens.

I like the course because you can drive often and it's one of the pleasure of playing golf.

My complaint is that there was no marshall on duty and the group in front of us was slow and had no respect for us. For example, one of the guys was regularly practicing his putts after the completion of the hole even if we were waiting to hit. They seem to have a match and were good golfers. I am a good golfer but I don't act like that.

Only if you get a good deal

Course was average. Good layout....greens were in solid shape but everywhere else was a little rough. Tee boxes were a little torn up....fairways were ok at best....i’m not a grass expect but much of the rough was (i think) zoisia which i’ve only seen on lower quality courses. I got a hot deal for $44 and thought that was a fair and reasonable price. If it costs any more than that I’d recommend you find another course....$80/$90 is waaayyy overpriced

Great value for your money

I played this course 4 times in March 2017. Either it was spared during the last hurricane season or the staff did a real good job getting it back in great shape as the course looks as good as 12 months ago. Not many bunkers and water hazards make this course friendly to the average golfer like myself. Great value for your money especially if you can grab the daily hot deal.

Great course But...

Great course.

But you come second to existing members that belong to the club. I don’t have a problem with that , I have a problem when they try to fit a foursome in front that where not scheduled for tee and it and that particular day they where extremely slow and are group did not get to finish the round due to daylight.

The starter was not courteous and kept pushing our tee time forward.

Other than that it is a great course .

Nice course, good value

Played here twice when visiting from out of town. Had a really good experience both times. Negatives are no ocean views, and the layout is a little confusing at points. But the course is in great shape and the staff is really nice. Course is fun but not overly challenging. I also appreciated the option to rent both clubs and shoes. Would definitely play here again.

Jewel in Miami

No condos, wide open, Good condition, friendly staff. I enjoyed my round.

Miami, Florida