Historic Miami Shores Country Club offers a classic 18-hole championship golf course that is the home of a vast array of sub-tropical wildlife and vegetation. The Club has been host to a number of prestigious events including the Florida State Open.

Celebrities such as Bob Hope, Joe DiMaggio, Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino have graced the lush fairways.

The front nine calls for precise approach shots into small well bunkered, contoured greens. The incoming nine calls for well-placed tee shots.

This Red Laurence designed course offers other amenities like a 120 seat lounge with a panoramic view of the golf course and lighted driving range, six clay tennis courts, three hard courts, swimming pool, extra large men's and ladies' locker rooms and a staff that understands the meaning of service.

Miami Shores Country Club

Year Built 1939
Greens Mini Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect Red Lawrence (1939)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

I am a big fan of Miami shores. Nice practice area and staff. Really well tended greens. A very good public course.

Great track but layout Is odd

This is a very good course with a great staff. Sometimes to go from one hole to the next you have to go buy two or three key boxes and I can be a bit confusing but other than that it’s a great place to play. I’m still wanting to see the coyotes which I hear there’s a few of them there

Golf Course was in good shape greensquare extremely fast 10 foot putt just touch it and it'll run down the green. Definitely keep it on the short list watch out for the coyotes

Course

Course was great. Tee box marker were down on a few wholes but not a big deal. Greens were extra fast compared to the last time I played l. Over a good round though

Great day of golf!

Played a round with my son as we were in town visiting colleges. This was a great course for both a novice and more advanced golfer. The greens are excellent! Entire course is well cared for and the staff were very helpful. Overall had a wonderful day of golf.

Super friendly course!

Place is really nice. Staff and people playing were extremely nice and welcoming. Course was in pristine shape. Would go back all the time

This course is a very nice public course

Miami Shores is a very playable, fun public course. The people are nice who work there and who play there. A friend of mine and I have played with two other random golfers the last three times we have gone and very much enjoyed ourselves. Good value for the money.

A+ Facility, beautiful course, challenging holes

A great mix of power shots, technical shots, and plenty of water and sand traps to keep you praying your ball stays true. Lots of parking make it easy to get to... the driving range, putting green, and chipping area are a fantastic warm up. Beware, these are the fastest greens you have ever played on. Oh, and you might catch a shark swimming up the channel or a coyote in the woods so don’t bring the ProV balls if you lose some, lol! Shoot straight!

Finally got to play it

For so long I wanted to play this course. I finally did today and it was a great experience from start to finish. I loved this course. Super fast greens but a real delight to putt. Took me a while to figure out the elevated greens and how to keep the ball from rolling off the back. I will be playing this beauty again.

Glad to be back out there

Exploring some Miami courses because broward hasn’t opened all of them and let’s face it, most broward courses aren’t that good anymore.
Miami Shores does not disappoint. I was pleasantly impressed with the condition of the course. All of the Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in great shape. Greens were very consistent hole to hole. I found them to be a touch slow for how good of shape they are in, but that is a personal opinion. Practice facilities matched the course in conditions. Staff was nice, since we just came out of a pandemic they basically just stood there, but understandable. Saw the cart girl once each side which was helpful because they are not offering ice or water at the clubhouse due to the pandemic. The course was packed, even at a 3:05 tee time. I love this 1 person to a cart pace of play. Even though we waited on almost every hole, it was only a minute or two and finished in just under 4 hours.
My only gripe was the fact that I had a gift card that I had won in a raffle at some golf tournament. When I tried to use it to cover my golf, the person on the phone, because you had to check in by phone, said that it was valid only at the restaurant which was closed. That seemed very weird to me, but it wasn’t like I could take it up with anyone else. I did not let that inconvenience effect my review. I would definitely play this course again at some point and I will just try to use the gift card on a different day.

Really nice course

Never played here before and definitely would come back. The course is in great condition. Fairways and greens. Challenging and fun!

GREENS ARE FAST, BUT UNFAIR

I booked this for my foursome having never played here in the 20 years we have been traveling to the area. I saw that this was highly rated and as we are non-residents, there is a premium that we paid. I don't give this an average rating because of the wind (20+ mph gusts) or the conditions of the course which were fine. In fact, the greens were really fast - and we like that. The contours of the greens are unfair to those who aren't aware of the nuances. The greens are "turtle-back" for the most part and many are elevated. If you hit the green with a nice high shot, the firmness resulted in the ball releasing and rolling off the putting surface.. You are either chipping or putting from the low-mown grass which really loads up your score. The members must like it, but it was frustrating to us. I am aware that this course is over 80 years old and that equates to smallish greens. What I also noticed is that this layout was kind of squeezed in and if it were spread out more, I would rate it higher. There are actually some areas that are like a shooting gallery where you are traveling long distances on some of the holes (#13?) and that's an indication of poor planning. With all of these funky little features, this isn't our kind of course. We as a group voted not to return next year.

Crazy windy

It was a difficult day because of 25 mile an hour winds. The elevated greens proved challenging. The pace of play was slow. But overall we had a good time.

Pace of play

The pace of play is usually poor but today it was disastrous. 5 hours and no ranger to be found

Windy day

Course is in great condition. Greens fast and true fairways cut and rough wasn’t all that rough.

Booked a tee time for 2 o’clock but didn’t tee off till 2.25 so finished in the dark. They take a booking every 7 minutes and of course it is impossible to get a 4 ball off every 7 minutes. The gap should be probably every 9 minutes

4.3201882353