Historic Miami Shores Country Club offers a classic 18-hole championship golf course that is the home of a vast array of sub-tropical wildlife and vegetation. The Club has been host to a number of prestigious events including the Florida State Open.

Celebrities such as Bob Hope, Joe DiMaggio, Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino have graced the lush fairways.

The front nine calls for precise approach shots into small well bunkered, contoured greens. The incoming nine calls for well-placed tee shots.

This Red Laurence designed course offers other amenities like a 120 seat lounge with a panoramic view of the golf course and lighted driving range, six clay tennis courts, three hard courts, swimming pool, extra large men's and ladies' locker rooms and a staff that understands the meaning of service.

Miami Shores Country Club

Year Built 1939
Greens Mini Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect Red Lawrence (1939)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

Not playqble im other countries

The couse was so wet that It was tough to play. And if you pay for a round you expect a logical conditoon . The course is a roller cosdter, you never know where you are. I disnt like it. 18 is a nice hole.

Another great round at Miami Shores!

The course is in great shape as always. Some saturation in a few of the fairways but not bad for as much rain as we’ve had. They do a great job from the pro shop to the staff to the restaurant. Kudos all!

Played the shore course and it was in great shape for a hot October. Was a little disappointed not on course cart person to buy a cold drink. However Curtis at the food place was great, made our food perfect and provided great conversation. Everyone was great I will play it again.

Greens coming together really nicely

Even though they were just aerated, these are some of the nicest greens you'll find at this price point.

Fastest greens in the Miami area

This course is a fun one. There’s a massive difference depending on which tees you play. I’ve played a few courses in the Miami area and these are definitely the fastest ones, but they’re great as they are very well kept

I am a big fan of Miami shores. Nice practice area and staff. Really well tended greens. A very good public course.

Great track but layout Is odd

This is a very good course with a great staff. Sometimes to go from one hole to the next you have to go buy two or three key boxes and I can be a bit confusing but other than that it’s a great place to play. I’m still wanting to see the coyotes which I hear there’s a few of them there

Golf Course was in good shape greensquare extremely fast 10 foot putt just touch it and it'll run down the green. Definitely keep it on the short list watch out for the coyotes

Course

Course was great. Tee box marker were down on a few wholes but not a big deal. Greens were extra fast compared to the last time I played l. Over a good round though

Great day of golf!

Played a round with my son as we were in town visiting colleges. This was a great course for both a novice and more advanced golfer. The greens are excellent! Entire course is well cared for and the staff were very helpful. Overall had a wonderful day of golf.

Super friendly course!

Place is really nice. Staff and people playing were extremely nice and welcoming. Course was in pristine shape. Would go back all the time

This course is a very nice public course

Miami Shores is a very playable, fun public course. The people are nice who work there and who play there. A friend of mine and I have played with two other random golfers the last three times we have gone and very much enjoyed ourselves. Good value for the money.

A+ Facility, beautiful course, challenging holes

A great mix of power shots, technical shots, and plenty of water and sand traps to keep you praying your ball stays true. Lots of parking make it easy to get to... the driving range, putting green, and chipping area are a fantastic warm up. Beware, these are the fastest greens you have ever played on. Oh, and you might catch a shark swimming up the channel or a coyote in the woods so don’t bring the ProV balls if you lose some, lol! Shoot straight!

Finally got to play it

For so long I wanted to play this course. I finally did today and it was a great experience from start to finish. I loved this course. Super fast greens but a real delight to putt. Took me a while to figure out the elevated greens and how to keep the ball from rolling off the back. I will be playing this beauty again.

Glad to be back out there

Exploring some Miami courses because broward hasn’t opened all of them and let’s face it, most broward courses aren’t that good anymore.
Miami Shores does not disappoint. I was pleasantly impressed with the condition of the course. All of the Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in great shape. Greens were very consistent hole to hole. I found them to be a touch slow for how good of shape they are in, but that is a personal opinion. Practice facilities matched the course in conditions. Staff was nice, since we just came out of a pandemic they basically just stood there, but understandable. Saw the cart girl once each side which was helpful because they are not offering ice or water at the clubhouse due to the pandemic. The course was packed, even at a 3:05 tee time. I love this 1 person to a cart pace of play. Even though we waited on almost every hole, it was only a minute or two and finished in just under 4 hours.
My only gripe was the fact that I had a gift card that I had won in a raffle at some golf tournament. When I tried to use it to cover my golf, the person on the phone, because you had to check in by phone, said that it was valid only at the restaurant which was closed. That seemed very weird to me, but it wasn’t like I could take it up with anyone else. I did not let that inconvenience effect my review. I would definitely play this course again at some point and I will just try to use the gift card on a different day.

North Miami Beach, Florida