Year Built 1932
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1932)

Haggin oaks experience

The course was hard to navigate thru the greens were horrible very bumpy and over played. The play was slow didn’t see a marshal anywhere.
Won’t go back...

This course has great features

This course was second time I played.
I loved it !!!!!!
Everything was good.
I think I found my new favorite course.
And only 15 minutes from my house !!!!! Good!!!!!

Nice course to play

The course is nice and enjoyable. Did not appreciate being followed by the marshall’s because they scheduled a Jr. Tourney right behind us. Felt like we were being rushed and the groups ahead of us were slowing it down for us. Still finished in a little over 4 hours so I don’t think the Marshall escort was necessary.

Reliably good course.

Greens keeper was in a weird mood. Pins were in tough positions and even though we had a lot of rain recently, the greens were fast. A few bunkers still with standing water. Overall, enjoyable day though windy.

Nice course when dry

All is good a Higgins Oaks. It was just too, too ,too wet for golf. The greens were excellent and drained well. It was everywhere else. Water does not drain well at this course.
We will return though. Thanks for your hospitality.

Slow n slower

There was frost delay and a tournament so the pace of play excruciating slow, took me alittl over 5 hrs to finish. But it was kept up well n greens was in immaculate condition. Overall still had a blast.

Amazing course

From the incredible course design, to the multiple practice area and to the pro shop and restaurants, Haggin Oaks has it all!

Mediocre course great pro shop

Haggin is a staple in Sacramento. They do the best they can with what they have to work with. Not a great course, but well thought out for the land and fun enough to keep going back. The best is the pro shop and clubhouse. Top notch!

Unforgiving ruff

The staff is akways wonderful here. Food and drinks were fine. Course played to it's best defense. The ruff! Tree trouble will always the same, but the ruff this time around was the trick to figure out.
Thanks again for a challenging round.

u000002121846
Commented On 04/22/2019

Thank you for the feedback, we always love to receive feedback on how we are doing at Haggin Oaks. As you might imagine, the rough is growing really fast after a wet winter, and now warm temperatures. Our 3 rough mowers are running non-stop, but barely keeping up. We will continue to mow the rough as fast as possible so that golfers do not lose their ball in the grass clippings or have challenges playing back to the fairway. Thank you again for the feedback.

Mike Woods
PGA Director of Golf

Dried out course

Course was dried out. Homeless out there walking around wondering if they're going to attack you for some money. Restrooms were locked

u000002121846
Commented On 04/12/2019

Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for coming out to Haggin Oaks to play. We are constantly monitoring the situation with the homeless that live outside the golf course property and we are so sorry it affected your round. We use a 4 digit code for the bathrooms, so that they are only used by golfers. I am so sorry our cashier did not give you the code when you checked in. We have dried out really well and are pleased that the course is playing firm and fast. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience - Mike Woods, Head Golf Professional

Alister Mackenzie Design at a fair price

Having an Alister Mackenzie design course available to 0lay on a regular basis and at a reasonable price is a true benefit living in Sacramento. This is an older established course with big trees lining the fairways. The 6:33 AM tee time got us off when it was about 40 degrees and a little frost on the ground. Fairways and greens were in great shape. Greens running true and pretty quick. We played as a threesome, all walking and completed the round in just under 4 hours. Pretty good Bloody Mary from the cart!

Fun course

This is a FUN course and kept really well. Only thing is pace of play is harsh but overall fun fun fun. I’ll definitely be playing more at this price.

Awesome

Course is in great shape, long and open. Greens pretty good except for some divots but that’s do to players with bad etiquette. I highly recommend this course cause it’s not to hard but to score well you're gonna need a solid game. But overall a great and fun course.

Wide open

Course is real good shape and wide open. Only thing is slow play has a tendency to take you out of your game. Overall a 4 star rating due to great staff and good conditions. I recommend.

California Advisor

All Fair Complex at Haggin Oaks

What a complex. Very impressed. Having played good public links in southern CA, AZ, NV, and here in Northern CA, this place stands out. In fact the selection of product is better than anywhere I have seen public or private.

The golf course is fair and enjoyable. The crowd that gathers is like the heard showing up on Derby Day. What a scene. I must say it’s fair again as for a championship course it’s not penalizing. Sure there are some shot making opportunities but few risks. And long enough when windy to make it interesting. Not too much tree trouble as the course suggests.

Greens, sand, fairways all good. Tee boxes are perfect. All Bermuda surfaces that are awesome. Greens should be really good thru August until they aerate in later September or October.

Everyone was working hard here on the course, in the clubhouse, on the range, and with the kids teaching at practice facility.

Local flavor here unlike any other in Sacramento.

never again

It was the first time I played this course so I was excited to see the layout and see how the greens rolled. The fairways where long and the roughs where ROUGH couldn't chip out of a couple sand traps cause it was hard pack like a baseball diamond. After the first couple holes we started to see a lot of homeless people just wandering around the course being loud and inconsiderate. Every water refill station was empty. We where on hole 12 I was chipping onto the green when out of the bushes a couple homeless people started fighting they where screaming curse words while throwing baseball sized rocks at each other and a women was shooting them with a airsoft gun. I WILL NEVER PLAY HERE AGAIN EVEN IF IT IS FREE.

too wet

The greens rolled well but the course had standing water everywhere. I had to clean my ball off after every shot. one shot into the green my ball plugged. STOP WATERING so much!!!

Slow amateurs

Course was in great shape and greens was fast. But ran into extreme slow play on the back nine. Overall was still a 4 star though. I recommend this course! Thanx for a great round.

Carmichael, California