Riviera Cancun Golf & Resorts

The Riviera Cancun Golf Club is the most recent addition to Cancun. Jack Nicklaus has done remarkable job carving this gem using the natural contours of the terrain, this course boasts strategic bunkering, immaculate greens, wooden bridges and the peaceful tranquility of the natural reserve that surrounds the course. Golfers will also enjoy the ocean views on holes 14 and 15. The spectacular Mexican-Contemporary Club house greets guests before they begin their journey over bridges, through the dunes, mangroves and lakes which are only some of the elements which make this course visually stunning. The resort is 100% Mexican owned and is located in the Hotel Zone and only 5 minutes from the airport.
Riviera Cancun Golf Club
Yellow 72 5742 yards 70.2 131
Scorecard for Riviera Cancun Golf Club
Black M: 76.2/146 433 415 535 148 428 326 412 189 529 3415 401 430 188 427 541 196 458 474 530 3645 7060
Blue M: 74.1/139 410 380 504 127 380 301 401 165 493 3161 377 395 171 396 495 171 407 449 497 3358 6519
White M: 72.3/136 348 343 479 113 375 293 371 144 488 2954 365 375 156 390 480 162 398 435 485 3246 6200
Red W: 72.4/136 309 274 397 71 284 268 275 107 437 2422 238 292 128 268 405 115 313 343 389 2491 4913

Year Built 2008
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Entertaining Clients 14

A beauty

The golf course design is fantastic. designwise it's beautiful and on par with Mayakoba (without the canals, boats, homes, hotels, sink holes and the open holes into the beach), there is a lot of water. the course's conditions are pristine.

fairways are pretty wide, with some of them with significant ondulations. Most holes are surrounded by mangroves and water; almost all of them are isolated from each other and the connecting routes are boardwalks over water through the mangroves; beautiful.

the greens have significant ondulations. They would be very difficult if it wasn't for the course keeping them intentionally slow. because of that, they are very receptive. you can go for the pins and the ball doesn't roll much. the ball rolls very true when putting.

pace of play felt a bit slow as a single, with a foursome and twosome in front for nine holes. on the back (the course's front) a six some and a threesome allowed me to play through, so I ended finishing the round in 3.5 hrs. total.

while beverages are included, the quality of the liquor on the course is so bad that we rather drank only beer and water. the cart could show more often, but we never got empty. I found empty cans of beers and soda throughout the route, but not single trashcan. that should not and excuse, but is a consequence.

the range could use some Improvement to be up to par with the course, but it's good enough. balls are assorted rescued, marked with wide sharpie.

the club house has a feeling of emptiness, as if they ran out of money for the furnishing and decoration. maybe once they built around the course they'll have more traffic and money to finish

The staff is fantastic. I communicated via Facebook chat (I could not find a working phone number or email online). they responded very fast every time, were very accommodating, got me a great rate and time, included very good pricing for transportation from /to my hotel and coordinating the access to my hotel.

I made the silly mistake of thinking I was on US EST and they were late, but they also responded pretty fast and clarified the situation.

once we finished and the transportion was supposed to pick us up we -and they- found out that the highway from and to the airport and our hotel was closed due to a bad accident. our transportation could not come in and we could not go back. they spend over and hour on the phone trying to work something out. eventually Elizabeth form cutomer service drove us herself to the highway, got us a taxi that drove back into Cancún's hotel zone, to the city and to the main highway -a 2 hrs. snail pace drive due to the traffic collapase on the one single road on the Cancun hotel zone-

Elizabeth covered the cost of the taxi, making good on the rates they offered. that is what total customer satisfaction no matter what it takes. they went above and beyond and we truly appreciate it.

a must play. we will be back one day

Very Very NICE

After Playing PGA Mayakoba I was Expecting a Let Down with Riviera Cancun. Boy Was I Surprised. It”s a Super Nice Course and Much Tougher than Mayakoba. I was Surprised. Fairways are Much Tighter and Water Comes into play More often than Mayakoba. All of The Greens here in Mexico Have Been true and to me that’s where a Good Golf Course begins. Not as Pristine as Mayakoba- to be expected Because its their PGA Course, But there is no let-down in the Quality of Riviera. They advertise to bring a Lot of Balls “ Don’t get Caught Letting The Paint Dry Boys “. Definitely a Must Play in Cancun. The Staff is Friendly Like Everywhere in Mexico and The Best Thing about Riviera is that with your Greens Fees of $140-$150 Everything is All Inclusive. All Your drinks and Food are included in the green fee. On the Course are food trucks and drinks. I don’t drink alcohol but the booze is included also. I’ve never seen that before. After your Round you head to their Resteraunt and that’s included as well. They have a nice after round menu to choose from. From this standpoint it’s a much better deal than Mayakoba because the green fees are close enough that the all inclusive makes Riviera a better deal. If you have the chance Play Both. Hope this review helps: hittem straight!

Course is narrow with a lot of water

Had a good time people are great food was good. Would play this course again.

Amazing Golf in Cancun!

Nicklaus-designed course.

It's on the south side of the Hotel Zone and quite isolated. So far removed from the main road in Cancun so it feels exclusive. The staff is amazing. Pro shop is overpriced and no souvenir items such as ball markers really. I was bummed there weren't more options. PSA - bring your own balls and lots of them. The balls they have in the pro shop are very expensive and not worth it.

Practice greens - there are two right next to the clubhouse. They have some serious contours and undulations which are true on the golf course as well. Spend at least 15 minutes getting used to speed. There was sand on the practice and actual greens. Not sure why but it was the ONE thing I would complain about.

Practice range - down the bridge toward Hole 1. Not the best scenery or perfectly mowed area. I played Puerto Cancun and they had an amazing practice range! So worth playing there too. The balls were run down but it does the trick.

Watch out for crocodiles and an indigenous animal called the coati. They kinda look like foxes. They steal your food and phones if you leave them in the carts. We were warned so we didn't have any issues or come into contact with any of them. We did see one walk by before we teed off on Hole 1 though. Other players have lost food to them.

Food and beverage - free with tee time. We saw the cart girl at least 5 times during our round. Not much food except some ham/cheese croissant, chips, peanuts, and drinks (mostly water, sodas, and beers), not sports drinks like Gatorade, etc. Wasn't an issue for us at all. We drank plenty of water and beers and ate some food. We kept the food in the cooler that's attached to the cart. Cart also has ball washer and club washer. No GPS on cart.

Front 9 - Relatively wide fairways but lots of carries and location of bunkers were in the right spots. So aim your tee shots properly. Nicklaus always seems to place the bunkers in the right landing areas - Riviera is no different. The greens are very contoured so it's difficult to 2-putt. But the speeds are consistent so it's not impossible. The sand on the green messed me up at times cuz it seemed like it slowed the putts down a bit. Our playing partners who played the prior day said they didn't have sand on it the previous day. I shot a great 39 on the front 9 (7 pars, mostly up and downs, bogey and a double). The Front 9 is beautiful with lots of water holes and just very scenic.

Back 9 - completely different feel from the front 9. Narrow fairways, bunkers in the right spots again, and if you miss any of your drives, just take a drop. Started off hot with 2 pars, but then nearly lost it! Any pulls or slices are lost balls. I reached the signature hole Par 5 Hole 13 (I think) and birdied that made me feel good. But every hole is challenging on the back 9. Don't get me wrong... it was a lot of fun! Just error on the side of finding your balls. There's not so much water here but creeks that cut the fairways. If you have a golf GPS app on your phone, take a look at the hole layout. You'll need to know your distances and carries.

Concerns - The bunkers were hard, packed down,. and very little sand for some reason. This is my biggest complaint actually. The course was in perfect condition but the bunkers were just mediocre and on some holes, just plain bad. For the price and quality of the course, I was disappointed. (Probably cuz it cost me a couple strokes)

Overall, this course is great and I think it's a must-play if you're in the Hotel Zone in Cancun. I booked using Golfnow using the Hot Deal so I didn't get free transportation. It was $20 each way, plus additional $5 for tip.

The lunch was in the clubhouse and there's no prices on the menu as it's provided with the round of golf. Like I said, incredibly rewarding and fun round. Jack Nicklaus created a beauty.

Everything Awesone

The course is maintained perfectly. Staff was friendly and helpful. Don't try it first time without a yardage card.

Excellent experience

The course was absolutely beautiful, and very well maintained. It was very challenging for us (20+handicap) but it wasn't overly busy while we were there so we never felt rushed on the course.

Biggest piece of advice I'd give- hit the ball straight or bring lots of balls! It's definitely not like hitting into the rough back home. On a few instances we were able to find wayward shots, but not many. The "rough" is very thick trees/vegetation, often in the water. So not much chance of finding. I had read that prior to going, so we were prepared!

Drinks and food were included, so that was a nice perk, and all of the service we had was excellent. We'll play here again on our next visit- for sure.

Very professional and accommodating staff.

The course is a nice layout with challenging greens. The staff was very helpful and attentive, on the course and in the clubhouse. I would recommend the course while in the area. Course conditions and greens were in great shape.

Was fun but need more right information

It was great golf course.

People so nice and kindness.

Food was good.

But when I driving myself direction was totally different way to go.

Golfnow got wrong address.

Spectacular

I have Played many Yucatan courses and this is the Top of my list. Amenities, layout, etc.Spectacular.

Front is short, back is long .We had a rare Windless day and i can imagine several of the holes that go dead into the Gulf Trade wind have to be a BEAR..and not the Golden one. Water Bog infront of EVERY tee. Wide Fairways, transition to first cut, second cuff,, then Like Axle Rose said "Welcome to the Jungle"

everything was great. excellent practice facilities and staff was awsome. course was tough but fair. will play again

Tough back nine

Course was in awesome shape. When I booked it transportation to and from was included. But it was not. Paid 16 bucks for a taxi each way from our hotel. The food included in the restaurant was very good. The course was challenging so bring plenty of golf balls with you. They are expensive to buy. Overall it was really good to play some golf it had been over 4 months

great course to play on vacation !!!

The Riviera golf course is great 18 holes ! This course exceeded every single one of my expectations. Beautiful course. Beautiful layout and some narrow fairways. Conditions were emasculate. (but not easy) to play! The greens rolled beautifully, fast but true and tough..! ... A few alligators around, lots of birds and qatis (they will eat your food!).

Gotta play this if in Cancun!

First time here; what a great value! First the course arranged for a taxi to pick me up and return me to my resort (10 miles) at no charge. I paid an extra $35 for my wife to ride in the cart, BUT food and drink for both of us in included in my greens fee and her riding fee. That includes some breakfast foods in the morning, drinks including beer on the course, mixed drinks at the turn and on return, and lunch afterwards! Not to mention that the course is immaculate and fun (but not easy) to play! I would like the greens to be a little faster, but they were true. I will definitely play here when we return!!

Golf course are good

The golf course is in good condition the only downside of it is the bunkers hard like a rock don't have enough on them

GREAT VACATIONS

EVERYTHING WAS JUST GREAT.

WE GOT SOME MOSKITO BITES BUT WAS FUN.

Wow!

Another gem by Jack. This course exceeded every single one of my expectations. Beautiful course. Beautiful layout. Conditions were emasculate. Great bang for your buck. All you can eat and drink included with your tee time. Unlimited range balls. Golf cart girl made frequent trips, maybe once every 3 holes. Even hole 19 was terrific. Still food included in greens fee. I would 100% recommend this course. If your staying in Riviera maya or beyond it is about an hour drive but trust me when I say it's worth it!

Beautiful Course

I have played many Cancun courses and I think this is one of the finest. The course was in pristine condition. The greens rolled beautifully and were very true. The staff could not be more attentive. We stopped in the clubhouse after our round and had a bite to eat. We were treated like royalty. It would have been nice to have some holes along the water but they were still beautiful. When I go back to Cancun this fall I will I will definitely play here again.

Cancún, Quintana Roo