El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Club

El Camaleón is aptly named for its diverse layout and ever-changing landscape, which bends through tropical jungles, dense mangroves and oceanfront stretches of sand with holes bordered by massive limestone canals. The indigenous and environmentally inspired design aspects are evident from the opening fairway, by an imposing cenoté, an ancient underground cavern that was unearthed during the initial stages of course construction. Created with the goal of producing a tournament-quality golf course while maintaining an enjoyable sense of 'playability' for players of all skill levels, this course was designed to enhance the most desirable natural features of its tropical forest and seaside settings. The result is a golf course with a natural, stand-alone golfing experience unique to its own part of the world.
El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Course.
BOOX 72 7024 yards 73.8 137
SAK 72 6562 yards 71.7 131
YAAX 72 6123 yards 69.5 123
CHAK (W) 72 5070 yards 69.0 119
Scorecard for El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Club
Black M: 74.9/131 554 151 462 438 428 389 116 554 416 3508 200 360 451 532 452 155 521 386 458 3515 7023
White M: 73.1/123 532 142 439 406 414 360 110 521 384 3308 171 333 426 503 415 144 485 352 425 3254 6562
Green M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 509 131 413 376 394 312 104 500 374 3113 144 299 403 451 387 128 471 315 412 3010 6123
Red W: 70.2/119 438 93 344 309 315 244 77 443 326 2589 102 229 339 386 335 98 402 254 344 2489 5078

Year Built 2004
Greens Papalum SeaIsle I Variety
Architect Greg Norman (2004)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared Shirt, Bermuda Shorts ok.

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 16

Horrible experience

Course under maintenance and they didn’t inform until I showed up. Just aerated and only able to play front nine twice. Still charged full price. Like I said didn’t let me know till I showed up. Layout was awesome wish I could’ve played the back. Staff was friendly. Bar and food were very good also. In different tones would’ve been great but left feeling g ripped off. Always, always call and insist on conditions.

Bucket list golf experience

From the moment you walk into the clubhouse you realize you are in for a very special experience.

From check in to drinks on the 19 th hole this course is an amazing experience

Friendly staff guides you to excellent practice facilities. Course is in tremendous shape

A must play experiment

Worth it!

Not a cheap round but a great value for a PGA caliber playing experience.

Beauriful experience

Played just after the OHL classic; course was in great condition ; amazing how quick they took down the stands; the course is a classic; it keeps you on your toes you have to control your tee balls or else you will have a long day

Overall a great experience that I fully recommend

Mayakoba Pro-Am round

I had the chance to play Mayakoba during this year's OHL Pro-Am on a sublime afternoon with barely any wind except for the exposed par 3s on each side. The routing is tougher than your average resort course with some holes that are pretty narrow, but it's unique environment and solid hole variety makes it a fun round. The course winds through dense mangrove forest and along the canal network before coming out for air along the beach on each nine. The cenote is a pretty neat feature that you can't miss. Facilities are excellent and the clubhouse is quite a marvel of architecture. All in all, there really isn't another course between Cancun and Riviera Maya that comes close to Mayakoba, especially when you stay at one of the resorts. I've stayed at both Fairmont and Andaz Mayakoba and they are both two of my favorite hotels anywhere in the Caribbean.

9/12/2017

I played the course while on vacation in Playa del Carmen. Booked through the GolfNow app but didn't get any super discounts. I've been coming to Playa for several years and never played golf here. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. There's a couple unfavorable reviews here but I couldn't disagree more based on my experience. The course was in great shape and the greens were immaculate. On number 1 green I actually thought it was artificial turf until I fixed my divot. In my opinion they were a tad slow for me but consistent and I figured out the speed after a couple holes. There's also some comments about the greens not holding the ball on approach, but I didn't experience that either. They were airating the rough but it had no effect on play. The grounds crew was quickly picking up the plugs behind the tractor. I would recommend staying out of the rough though. It's deceivingly thick and difficult.

The staff was very nice and overly helpful. The marshall was friendly and showed me to the range and first tee like a professional. The course was wide open on this day and as a single I played through the only twosome I came upon. After that, I never saw another soul. It was as if it was my own paradise. I highly recommend this course if your in the area and in my opinion there's nothing negative to say. Im booking a spa day for my wife at te Fairmont so I can play again this Saturday!!!

British Columbia Advisor

God I love this place

My second time to the property and I can't get enough. Total world class facility from top to bottom. No complaints at all and for a low handicaper it's challanging from the tips.

It's inspiring to play this course and it makes you want to be a better player. Not many courses evoke these types of emotions.

I would recommend showing up early and staying after for food in their spectacular club house. It's a treat and a life golf moment that you won't forget.

Enjoy! It's worth every penny.

One of best & most scenic tracks I've played

Beautiful course, one of the nicer courses I've ever played. It is very long and challenging. lots of opportunity for error. Can go through a LOT of balls if you are not precise off the tee. Very friendly staff, nice range and practice putting green, and locker rooms. Played for $149.00 instead of the usual $399.00. It was a great deal on a beautiful course. Pro met us on 16 and offered us FREE re-play that day. Will play again when we go back.