Iberostar Cancun Golf Club sits along the beautiful Nichupte Lagoon, with it and many of its inlets bordering most of the holes. The championship course sprawls across a scenic landscape accented with tropical vegetation that is also home to a variety of wildlife. Golfers shouldn't be surprised to see colorful birds, iguanas or even a crocodile. Water naturally comes into play throughout the golf course but there are also strategically placed bunkers to contend with. The Mayan ruins of El Rey, which date back to 500 AD, provide unique scenery on the 16th hole. The course offers a fair test that is not too intimidating for beginners but challenging enough for more seasoned players. In addition to the golf course, Iberostar Cancun also has a 25-yard practice course, a driving range, and a putting green.

Iberostar Cancun Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Isao Aoki (1994)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt with sleeves, Bermudas, capri pants, skirts or dress slacks. Bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts and jeans are not permitted.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Fun & Great Value

We really enjoyed this course. We played a handful of times over the course of a week since we were staying at the Iberostar Selections Resort right across the road.

Rate was $89 incl cart, range balls, food, & drinks, but we paid $64 since our hotel gave us some $25 off coupons. Free shuttle service back and forth to the hotel was also awesome.

Layout is relatively easy and fun. Greens were a beautiful combination of fast and receptive. The fringes of the greens were undergoing some work but didn't affect playability very much.
The course's main difficulty lies in the constant windy conditions we faced. I'm not sure if that's normal or just the week we were there, but the 2-3 club wind ate us alive.

If you're playing early morning make sure to pack some bug spray for the shady areas.
We were warned about gators, but never had a close encounter. Seen a few swimming around.

Overall we were thrilled that we could play a fun course with solid conditions in Cancun for under $70 and never feel like we even left the resort.

very enjoyable round

We played here twice recently. It is very close to the Westin and several other hotels. They do provide transportation. Our rate included drinks and snacks.
Pace was good and course condition good.

Great Course Poorly Managed

I got to the course when it was still dark so I could go off at the first tee time. They sent me out as a single and things were going great. . Imagine my surprise when I got to the 8 th box and there isn’t just 1 , but two foursomes in the fairway of a par 4!? I took me two holes which were ruined trying to play through. I ran into another twosome on 16 and was stuck behind them waiting every shot until 18.
The course likes to tout they are all inclusive. They charged 35$ for my non playing girlfriend to ride along on top of the $220 greens fees . We each got a Bloody Mary on the fourth hole but they had no food yet. NP. He says .. we will have sandwiches on my next pass. On his next pass , there was no food and he was out of bloody Mary’s . Only beer available at 9 am. We never saw the cart again until the second shot on 18... I’ve got sandwiches he said .
Bottom line., beautiful well maintained course but with Mayakoba and a Grand Coral both nearby and better overall experiences , There is no reason to put up with this amateur management.

Memorable Vacation Course

Had a great time playing this course with my girlfriend on vacation. Course was well kept and the layout was enjoyable. Though the most memorable part of the course was definitely the crocs, you will see them all over the course. Best to bring a lot of balls if your'e not hitting it straight since you won't want to go searching for any balls here and the golf ball prices in the shop are absurd!

Great course in Paradise!

Stayed at another resort close to Iberostar Cancun and was able to get a small deal with club rentals (Ping G20). I was the first tee time at 7AM and finished my round in 2 hours, 20 minutes. Shot an 83 for my first outing of the season!

All food and drinks (on and off the course) were included with round. It was a little windy that morning, but the course played superbly! Would definitely recommend this course!

Nice course beautiful wildlife plenty of food and drinks. Pace of play was fast and greens were perfect great cpurse.

Great course, nice layout, good for all levels

I play here every year in January, 4-7 times. The staff is great, shout out to Luis and Miguel! Food and drink is included on the course and in the restaurant. There aren’t a lot of courses in Cancún, but this is reasonably priced and a good warm up course.

Great golf course for all levels

The Round of golf and Includes unlimited alcohol and food great value. The cost of the challenge For a high and low handicappers. A definite play if you’re in Cancun

Overall good course with a great staff and amenities!

Only problem were that greens were being aerated and the course and greens were very wet. Mud on the ball with almost every shot. The fairways were also being aerated, so we played lift, clean and place! A course map would have helped as well!

Iberostar cancun

Very nice and beautiful course. Pro shop staff was very friendly and professional. No problems getting reservation confirmed and started. When I arrived, they took my clubs from my taxi. Course was nearly empty. Rain occurred for a couple of holes. Wide fairways and fast greens. Crocodile warnings at several holes. They were a non-issue. Overall great course. Not too mention included was all inclusive alcohol, water, and food. Great experience. ..

So enjoyed my round of golf, course in great condition,beautiful scenery and loved the Iguanas....staff was very accommodating and friendly, I will play this course again!

It's worth it!!

I have played Iberostar twice, Pok ta Pok once, you definitely get what you pay for at Iberostar. Both have a great staff and a great course but the iberostar is all inclusive, Dirnks, food, and last time I played one of the wardens brought me extra balls from the pro-shop. I lost a couple in the alligator nest, don't chase those balls.

GREAT EXPERIENCE and GREAT VALUE

I booked this course based on location convenience. I was so pleasantly surprised! Initially the cost seemed a bit high, but after playing one day, we enjoyed it so much and thought it was such a great value, we booked it again and played there the next day, too. The staff -- every one of them - was so friendly and helpful. Our rental clubs were all new Cobras -- so much fun to play with. The food/drink were plentiful and excellent. Course is in great condition and challenging enough, but not overwhelming. If I return to Cancun in the future, I would definitely play here again.

Had a great time.

Course isn't too difficult. Sand is powdery and easy to hit long irons out of, don't be afraid of the sand.

There's a 180 yard par 3 with water in front. Use a cheap ball on that hole lol.

Overall pretty awesome. Brought sandwiches to us. Plenty of beer and water or shots of Tequila.

Shot 91 but I was pretty buzzed.

Watch the Crocs

Had a great time. Fast greens that held. The course was in great shape. Food and drinks were included in our price. All well done

Solid 7.5/10

Solid golf course, no frills. Best option is to do a replay and cost average down to about $67 per round ($99 + $35 replay). Staff (Miguel the starter & Rosember the cart guy) extremely nice and helpful. Be aware of your surroundings, there are crocodiles in the water so take a free drop away from the water's edge at least 15 feet.

Value laden and Rosember is a treat

At $99or $109 us it's a great deal. If u book through your hotel concierge you can get the 99 rate and get transportation included. This is on top of: hot/ cold breakfast, all items from snack cart( yes to cervezas) and lunch
Course, IMO, is a 6.5/7 out of 10 in terms of challenge as it is not overly long. However, this is suitable for resort clientele. There is a Lot of water along w crocodiles, so beware.
Best part of the round is morning host and cart guy Rosember. He is funny, respectful and always a great treat to see.
Enjoy your round