The Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya (formerly known as The Golf Club at Playacar) offers the perfect combination of natural beauty and the work of man. This magnificient golf course, carved out of the dense Mayan Jungle is only a few hundred yards away from the crystal-clear, turquoise ocean and the fine white sands of the Mexican Caribbean Sea.

The intelligent architectural design of the golf course has converted Playa del Carmen into one of the most popular tourism destinations in all of Mexico.

Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya

Year Built 1994
Architect Robert von Hagge (1994) Jeffery D. Blume (1994)

Dress code Collar shirt with sleeves. Formal bermudas or trousers. Tennis or running shoes, golf shoes with soft spikes or golf sandals. No beach shorts nor bathing suits. No blue jeans. No T-shirts.

Clubhouse, Spa, Showers, Locker Rooms

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Great course and value

You will not be disappointed. Food and drinks included in the price.

Best Golf Staff Ever - Front Desk/Starters/Bar/Restaurant

Starters - Javie, Paco & Hector are some of the best people I've met in Mexico, great service, always friendly - always with a smile. Thanks guys for making our time at Playacar and Hard Rock Golf Course remarkable!!

Cart & Bar/Restaurant Staff - Fernando, Marlene & Lulu are without a doubt fantastic, unforgettable and irreplaceable. These 3 staff members provided us the best service I have ever received while in Mexico. THANKS!!!

This course is a MUST PLAY when visiting Playacar/Playa del Carmen. Bring your clubs, you will not regret it. All Inclusive everything is AMAZING!! The Food is Very Good. The hot bar for lunch and/or ordering off the menu for dinner, always very good.

THANK YOU Hard Rock Golf Course - You are the reason we snowbird in Playacar!!

Beautiful course but not enough hole info available.

First time player and hole markers at tee box were the only place to see the course layout. Scorecard only had green pin positions.
Would have played several holes much differently, and been less frustrated, had we known the full layout.
No cart GPS.

Hard Rock Playa

Great course, had a fun time. Friendly and helpful staff.

Not for me

I was eager to play this course while recently on vacation. I wound up being paired with a member which made the experience much better for me. I want to start by saying the rental clubs and driving range belong together. Very poor quality. The cobra irons they gave me were missing their inserts while the bag consisted of 10 clubs, two of which were 3 woods. Driving range is a pasture with no markers, one hitting booth, and a complimentary small bucket filled with gnawed up pick outs.
As for the course itself, it was very challenging. Front 9 offers very few driver opportunities as it is mostly sharp dog legs with several long second and even third shots. Glad I had two 3 woods because one needed a break.
The back 9 was much more entertaining. Small greens and much more fun. I will probably never play here again but I will say I enjoyed my day thanks mostly to the member who I played with and the unlimited beer that comes with the round.

Missouri Advisor

Excellent Value, Course Extremely Hard

This course is extremely difficult. Jungle on both sides and plenty of sand, water and doglegs. I'm a 6 handicap and played from the gold tees (5,700 yards) and had scores of 93 & 87. I lost 8 balls - 4 on one hole! When I played 2 days later, I lost another 5. First time ever, I had to buy golf balls during a round. Two of toughest holes are holes 2 and 11. Target golf at it's highest level.

This course is an all-inclusive course. I paid $121 and this included greens fees, carts, breakfast & lunch buffets, unlimited drinks (includes alcoholic drinks). The beverage cart comes around 2-3 times per side. They have sandwiches, nuts, popcorn, etc. also. The food was very good, however, the liquor is not brand name. They give you a wrist band to show you are part of the all-inclusive deal. They will put it on your belt loop, if you don't want it on your wrist.

GOOD:
All-inclusive package and price
Brand name beers
Excellent sand
Staff very helpful
Course conditions good - nothing spectacular

BAD:
This course needs a GPS system. Too many doglegs and you have no idea how far to hit it. Reason for many of the lost balls.
Pace of play is slow.
Need new carts. Hard to steer, suspension squeaks and our cart ran out of juice with 5 holes to play
No brand name liquor

Stay in the fairway!

Course is in pretty good shape, but greens are slow and patchy. If you don’t hit it fairly straight, this course is probably not for you. The fairways are lined with 4-8’ moguls on both sides and an errant shot will end up in the jungle.

On the plus side, greens fee is all-inclusive. Drinks and food are included. We saw the drink cart every other hole. What I assume are marshals were everywhere .

On the negative side, pace of play was miserable. Foursome in front of us going at 50 yards a clip and dropping each other off without a club. We were three groups deep at one point and all of the “marshals” ignored it until we were on the 13th hole. The front took a little over 3 hours. Even on vacation with nowhere else to be, that’s too long.

We played on the hot deal at 10:39am. If we had started one group earlier, it would have been a great round.

Not what I was used to in a good way

While the actual condition of the course was similar to what I am used to playing. That is where it stops. I arrived to check in which went smoothly. I then proceeded to have a late breakfast (included) then hit the range to shoot a couple buckets (also included) since I had rented some clubs (not included). After that I had a shower, change of clothes and a light lunch (included). Then went back to the chipping/putting green. The starters loaded my clubs, gave a towel and filled the cooler with water/beer (included) and we were off. Throughout the round we saw the beverage cart 4-5x and got more water/snacks (included). At the end of the round the staff cleaned my clubs (included but gave tip) while I ordered dinner and had another shower/change (also included) . Overall it was worth the 1.5 hour return drive from where I was staying for the price. Something to make a day out of but more so once a month instead of weekly.

Excellent course on vacation

I recently was on vacation in Playa del Carmen and was looking for a golf course in the area. I was lucky to find Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya. I checked for tee times on other websites but found the best price at GolfNow. I paid 96.00 US for the round. When I arrived I was delighted to learn all the food and beverage were included in the price. The food at the club house was excellent. I did have a sandwich on the course which was not very good. The course was very enjoyable with unique holes. The course conditions were excellent with fast greens and open fairways. The area is upscale and the staff were extremely friendly. One negative aspect, which was mentioned in another review, were the golf carts. The carts were old and were in need of repair, or replacement. I would highly recommend this course and will visit again.

Good course

Normally this course is over 100 dollars each but got a great GolfNow deal 50 dollars for 2...all inclusive is very good....food and drink excellent ...need to be straight off the tee and rarely used a driver but thoroughly enjoyed the course

Replace golf carts

Overall the experience was good and considering all food and alcohol is included... a reasonable deal for vacation golf. One bad part is that the old golf carts were horrible. We had one new and an old one that was just an accident waiting to happen. Steering was badly worn with too much play and very difficult to to keep on the cart paths. REPLACE THEM NOW !

A decent track

This was a decent course, not my favourite in the area. Greens were a tad slow for my liking. The staff were great, very friendly and accommodating. As far as golf in Mexico the value was good. Didn’t set up well for my eye, maybe some others feel differently.
Still a good track to play.

Tight and a bit tricky, odd but interesting holes.

Great tract but hard

Keep the driver in the bag on the front nine and most of the back. Course was in good condition and the greens held well. Fun course with challenging shots.

Cozumel, Quintana Roo