The Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya (formerly known as The Golf Club at Playacar) offers the perfect combination of natural beauty and the work of man. This magnificient golf course, carved out of the dense Mayan Jungle is only a few hundred yards away from the crystal-clear, turquoise ocean and the fine white sands of the Mexican Caribbean Sea.

The intelligent architectural design of the golf course has converted Playa del Carmen into one of the most popular tourism destinations in all of Mexico.

Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya

Year Built 1994
Architect Robert von Hagge (1994)

Dress code Collar shirt with sleeves. Formal bermudas or trousers. Tennis or running shoes, golf shoes with soft spikes or golf sandals. No beach shorts nor bathing suits. No blue jeans. No T-shirts.

Stay in the fairway!

Course is in pretty good shape, but greens are slow and patchy. If you don’t hit it fairly straight, this course is probably not for you. The fairways are lined with 4-8’ moguls on both sides and an errant shot will end up in the jungle.

On the plus side, greens fee is all-inclusive. Drinks and food are included. We saw the drink cart every other hole. What I assume are marshals were everywhere .

On the negative side, pace of play was miserable. Foursome in front of us going at 50 yards a clip and dropping each other off without a club. We were three groups deep at one point and all of the “marshals” ignored it until we were on the 13th hole. The front took a little over 3 hours. Even on vacation with nowhere else to be, that’s too long.

We played on the hot deal at 10:39am. If we had started one group earlier, it would have been a great round.

Excellent course on vacation

I recently was on vacation in Playa del Carmen and was looking for a golf course in the area. I was lucky to find Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya. I checked for tee times on other websites but found the best price at GolfNow. I paid 96.00 US for the round. When I arrived I was delighted to learn all the food and beverage were included in the price. The food at the club house was excellent. I did have a sandwich on the course which was not very good. The course was very enjoyable with unique holes. The course conditions were excellent with fast greens and open fairways. The area is upscale and the staff were extremely friendly. One negative aspect, which was mentioned in another review, were the golf carts. The carts were old and were in need of repair, or replacement. I would highly recommend this course and will visit again.

Good course

Normally this course is over 100 dollars each but got a great GolfNow deal 50 dollars for 2...all inclusive is very good....food and drink excellent ...need to be straight off the tee and rarely used a driver but thoroughly enjoyed the course

Replace golf carts

Overall the experience was good and considering all food and alcohol is included... a reasonable deal for vacation golf. One bad part is that the old golf carts were horrible. We had one new and an old one that was just an accident waiting to happen. Steering was badly worn with too much play and very difficult to to keep on the cart paths. REPLACE THEM NOW !

A decent track

This was a decent course, not my favourite in the area. Greens were a tad slow for my liking. The staff were great, very friendly and accommodating. As far as golf in Mexico the value was good. Didn’t set up well for my eye, maybe some others feel differently.
Still a good track to play.

Tight and a bit tricky, odd but interesting holes.

Great tract but hard

Keep the driver in the bag on the front nine and most of the back. Course was in good condition and the greens held well. Fun course with challenging shots.

Hard course

This is a very nice course. It is a hard course. It is also getting a little tired. It needs some work. Great staff and the all inclusive feature is great. I will play here again, but the course does need some updating. Signs, etc.

Beautiful course, but pace of play was not adhered to...

Let me start by saying this was an absolutely beautiful course! We played here with my 82 yr old grandfather as it was his dream to come and golf this course in Mexico!

However we were unable to finish the course (we actually had to miss 5 holes, which is nearly half a game) because the pace of play was not adhered to at all.

We encountered multiple groups who would not move over and allow us to play through, so we sat and waited on MULTIPLE holes to start, and the course marshalls did not ask them to move either (at one point we were told to hurry up because the group behind us complained we were slow when we were just waiting on the groups ahead of us)

Very disappointed that this happened and we had to leave as our transportation had been booked back to the hotel by the course.

Even after contacting the course to see if we could come back and finish out our game (we mentioned it to the course attendants and the desk guys prior to leaving, and then emailed after returning to the hotel) we received no answer back, or an apology for missing out on finishing. (If we had been slow and that was the reason we missed out, that would be on us, but no one moving or enforcing the pace of play is on the course)

Wet Humid day at Hardrock Playa de Carmen

Loved the course, weather could have been better the day we played, however; it was extremely enjoyable and challenging. The front desk staff was excellent and very helpful, they provided a couple tips, let us know the amenities of the course during our time at the course. The staff getting you ready to play and then off to the course were excellent and friendly. They were able to converse with us very well, (US English) let us know that the rental clubs that we rented would hit the ball straight. You can see the course lay out, and yardage yourself so I will not get into that but the course was in very good condition. even though it was very wet as storms came though for a couple days and that evening. My golf partner mentioned after the first few holes that he did not think it was that tight, I agreed and said it was not, as long as you kept the ball on the fair way and then balls started to elude him. The course provided a very good diverse venue of holes, short and long par 3s, long par 4s as well as a couple of average length, and long par 5s. Is was a course that you need to be in the fairway or very close as the rough width was not very wide on several holes, The greens for us during the day we played did not hold the ball but I also did not have my 60 and 56 degree wedges which I really needed on the course. Putting was true but with the wetness of the course the speed varied. The greens were often small and at time narrow so you need to be on with your short game or you can get in trouble being short on long on the approach. All and all I really enjoyed the day and the course, definitely going back but this time with my own clubs.

A surprising experience

A local club manager had advised me that the Hard Rock was a step down from the Iberostar and Riviera Maya....but it was a baby step. The layout is comfortable but challenging and the fairways were excellent. The greens were not of the standard of the top courses in the world, but for standard Bermuda they matched or exceeded the standard of most Florida courses where I lived and competed for 20 yrs. as a PGA Member. They included round trip transportation from our resort, range balls, and all Refreshment cart offerings. Amateurs in our group paid $150 and all truly enjoyed the day.

Hard Rock hard test

This course is tough. The fairways are tight, with jungle on both sides and lots of dogleg holes. The wind always seems to play a big factor and you're well advised to play a couple of extra clubs into several holes protected by water hazards (No. 9 and No. 18). The sand traps are gigantic. The greens, although not the fastest, vary in size from tiny to huge.The good news is your greens fee includes all drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) plus food. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Excellent

Great course with a mixture of risk and reward holes. Staff are very friendly and can’t do enough for you. Drinks and food service is fantastic. Would highly recommend.

Not Worth the money they charge

Been in the Playa Del Carmen area for almost two weeks and this is one or four courses I've played. I'd rank it 2 out of the 4 - For the amount of money they charge you to play here, * I used a hot deal tee time with a discount code and still payed over $110 * you'd think that the employees would be very welcoming. I'm from out of town and didn't bring my clubs, so had to rent. The best clubs that they had to offer were a very old set of Cobras. The issue that I have with that is the 4 iron head popped right off the first time I pulled it out of the bag, and the 6 iron had it's logo on the heel of the club hot glued back on. The course wasn't in as good of shape as I'd assumed it would be in. Range balls were included with the round, but when I mentioned hitting some balls, they gave me about 20 in a tiny bucket and had me walk to the range, they wouldn't let me take the cart for some reason. drinks and snacks were free, light Mexican beers and peanuts and chips. If you're in the area and looking for a great course to play for the same or less money, please look into the Gran Coyote. it's just north of Playa Del Carmen, and so much better!

Cozumel, Quintana Roo
Puerto Aventura, Quintana Roo

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.