Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire required

Tournament 72 6701 yards 72.4 136
Back 72 6189 yards 69.7 130
Middle 72 5670 yards 67.4 121
Middle (W) 72 5670 yards 73.0 135
Forward (W) 72 4674 yards 67.7 120

Located just south of Cancun between Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen, Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club stand outs from the relatively flat landscape that surrounds it. The course has a surprisingly hilly terrain that features dramatic elevation changes, so prepare for uneven lies. The golf course was carefully carved from Mayan jungle, which was kept in tact to provide a treacherous hazard throughout. The layout was designed by P.B. Dye, who incorporated some of his signature features including extreme vertical movement and untraditional hazards like a rock riverbed. With its narrow fairways and undulating greens bordered by deep bunkers, the golf course is considered one of Dye's toughest designs. Warming up on the club's lighted driving range, or putting green would be helpful before tackling this demanding golf course.

Location is at a resort   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens elevation changes   Great for drinks

meatballgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

Great course. Greens were quick and rolled true. Cart person was never far away. Tee'd off before 8 and finished in 3 1/2 hours. Would recommend when in the area.

"So good"

GolfinginBC's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017

Played back in 2015 and I was looking forward to getting back on the course. It's a tough course if you stray from where your suppose to put the ball.

I love the design, staff is always great and the value is amazing with the food and drinks included. We had the course to ourselves as I guess not many people golf in June here. We loved it.

I'm looking forward to playing the course again soon, it's a must in the area along with Mayakoba and Grand Coral. What a line up of courses all nearby.

"Gran campo y excelente atención"

u1925628's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

La atención, servicio y el campo están excelentes. Un campo muy retador

"Nice but looks like a theme park"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

Very nice and challenging course, maybe too many slopes but very fun to play

"Great layout, fast play"

rgeorgetti3's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played this course while staying at the Iberostar resort. The course was in good condition and had lots of scenic holes. I played it 3 times throughout the week, by myself, in a cart and hardly ran into anyone. Pace of play was great if you don't mind playing in the afternoon in the heat! Overall, I really enjoyed it

"Fun course to play, nice faiways, tough greens"

Pask's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2017

I played this course during my stay at Iberostar hotel and enjoy it very much. Firendly staff that wants to make your day pleasant. I made i mistake on my tee time one day and the staff managed it up to make me play even when i was 2 hours early, but i do not recommand to do it. : ) i loved the fairways and had a tough time on greens. You have to play this course at least two times to get an good idea of how to manage your shots to get the par (especially on the 7th and the 18th hole). Beware of the wind... It's a must to play if you are in the area.

Paskal

"Top Notch Resort Course"

dantheman320's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2017

I played this course twice while staying at the resort this past week. Obviously, this isn't peak resort season (just after New Year) and the course was pretty much empty both days. Teed off in a twosome (that they arranged for me) at 8AM and finished in under 3.5 hours both times. My partner the second time plays this course a few times every year and said that they tend to push players out shotgun at random and that can slow things down, but didn't impact us.

The course is immaculate and entertainingly interesting. Lots of undulations and a few blind shots. Even though it is at an oceanfront resort, the course is actually across the highway and has no ocean view. Water on about 3 holes. Relatively tight for a resort layout. I had the feeling that if I played it more often, I would get a better feel quickly for the clubs necessary to get the right distance. First time was a challenge. Big greens which rolled flawlessly. Make sure to ask for the course map (which is free). I played from 6100 yards, which was plenty. Not a tremendous amount of roll on the course, and it seemed every time I got roll, it was into a bunker.

The food and drink on the course are free and the driver came by at least 3-4 times per round. We played early, so he wasn't necessary to us. The fee I paid is for resort guests and I believe the outside rate is much higher.

"One of the nicest I have ever played"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2016

Everything was great here. The only downside was a large group at the start of the day so we had to start on the 8th hole for a shotgun start. Otherwise the course was in perfect condition, like probably the nicest condition course I have ever played on. Greens were insanely difficult but fun. Cart food was surprisingly VERY good, probably the best cart sandwich I have ever had. Cost was $209 and included round trip transportation from my hotel, and unlimited food and booze. Plus a sweet mayan ruin in the background!

TravelingMasten's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

"This is a very challenging course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Verified Purchaser

Played this course twice this trip. Good value for the money, drinks and snacks included as well as range balls. Like most of the courses in the Cancun area you have to keep your ball in the fairway. Left or right of the fairway an you are in the jungle, bad things live in the jungle so say goodbye to your ball. I'm an 11 handicap at home but my scores were close to 100. My suggestion is go to have fun and don't worry about your score.

"Excellent Condition"

GolfinginBC's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2015

So far my favourite course in the area. The course was in great shape, the greens perfect and the layout was challenging. Not much room for error on the tee. A few bind shots which after playing now, will be more comfortable next time playing.

The club house and driving range is not as high end as El Cameleon, the golf carts don't have GPS, and the quality of FB is not as good. The experience and course condition was definalty better. Mainly because their greens were perfect.

I will be heading back there. Wildlife all over the course adds the life in the area.

High praise for Iberostar which is the same for many other people from what I see on here.

"Great day"

babou's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Played two courses this week at riviera maya. Mayakoba wich is great even if a bit pricy -- you can play all day that said -- and Parasio. Great course, lots of ondulations on faiways and greens are biggest challenge. With the wind that is a big factor. every holes offer a new challenge. Greens were perfect and even if it was realy hot the service on the course maid it easier to deal with. Like Mayakoba, Parasio is a place to play. 35 $ replay pour extra 18.

"Vacation Golf"

Jason7076032's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2015

Great location adjacent to the resort.<br/> $$$, but expected when on vacation.

Rental clubs were in good condition.<br/> expect to pay $200USD with rental clubs

"Mild for a Pete Dye course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Usually not a big fan of Pete Dye Designed courses, but found this course to be quite mild. Not a lot of blind tee shots and not too tricked up. There were a couple of holes that I would play differently now that I have played them. Course conditions were excellent and lay out was good. Lots of variety and the scenery is gorgeous!!

Commented on 01/15/2016

It is not a Pete Dye course. PB Dye is one of Pete's sons.

"Great design and great value with Golfnow.com price"

Tomsteam's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I really enjoyed playing this Pete Dye course with all the elevation fairway changes and somewhat narrow fairways. the course condition was great and the greens do make you think on the break of the putt.<br/> This course with the drinks and lunch included was a great value. I would play here again over other courses I played including Mayacoba. The staff is great and more than accomodating.

"Superb design"

alain3dionne's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2015

This Pete Dye course is so fun to play. The design of some of the greens are juste awsome. The course is well manicured especialy the greens. The course doesn't play very long but gets your attention on the approach shots. Played other courses in the region and would rank it #1. free snacks and drinks is a nice Touch.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"BEST COURSE IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN AREA"

Don3850887's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We played as a foursome with 2 couples, the wives just started playing in 2014. Booked out tee times with GolfNow and arranged for transportation for a 11:00 pick up for a 12:20 tee time.<br/> When we arrived the staff grabbed our bags got the in carts while we went into the pro shop. It took less than 2 minutes to get checked in. The Iberostar package includes food and beverages and we hit some balls at the range and then grabbed lunch before our round.<br/> The course is very well layed out for advanced players and beginners. We played our 18 holes in just over 4 hours and never got pushed due to beginners in our group.<br/> I can't say enough good things about this course and staff. If you are in the Playa Del Carmen area this is the course that you should go to.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"All-inclusive golf at Iberostar"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I love the wild and wackiness of P.B. Dye. He shaped plenty of mounds and wild green sites to give the flat terrain some unique character. Purists might hate it - it's definitely artificial in how it looks and plays - but it's such a good change of pace from the other local resort courses. All the slopes and undulations means you'll get some crazy lies if you stray off the intended path. That's on you, not P.B. Dye. It's a fun course. Those who stay at the Iberostar get free food and drink throughout the round, another huge bonus.

"Very Nice Course"

rklein43's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2015

We really enjoyed this course, tough but fair. The booklet they gave us showed distances from tees, distances from spots on fairway to greens, and helpful hints. Undulating greens were a challenge. Basically got 1/2 price on round from GN that included cart, range balls and food and drink on course and in clubhouse at end of round. (food/drink cart was slow to come around....get two drinks at a time).

"Wonderful golf experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course is first class from the moment you come to the property. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The course was in fabulous shape and P.B. Dye really knows how to make a challenging course, especially with the crowned, multi-tiered greens. I was paired with a very nice couple from Canada and we had a great time. I am a 4 handicap, played well, and this may have been my best golf experience ever.