The Nicklaus Par Three Experience at Vidanta Riviera Maya

Style Executive
Located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, Nicklaus Par Three Experience at Vidanta Riviera Maya (formerly known as El Manglar Golf Club at Vidanta Riviera Maya) is a par 3 Jack Nicklaus masterpiece. The contrast that exists with the colors of this course gives it a natural Caribbean beauty - its bunkers with radiating white sand, the lakes surrounded by natural stones, area part of the game, and the type of green used on this course’s greens blend your target with the outlying weeds, making it a challenge to make par. The beauty, the nature and the timelessness of this golf course will not only challenge, but inspire you. Lakes accompany you throughout twelve of the course’s holes, the native vegetation of the Mayan Jungle is your natural enemy and spectator and will distract you. This is all part of the challenge to win and determines the time you spend in the game. Also the design of the greens reflects history since it is constructed with styles found half of century ago. Donut hole description. The spectacular 17th hole is characterized by its great degree of difficulty. Besides having two bunkers, one at each end, it also has a bunker in the center of the green which makes it unique to its kind. Additionally, the green is in the middle of the lake which makes it very difficult to make the covered par.
The Nicklaus Design Course at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Black 54 2923 yards
Blue 54 2438 yards
Red (W) 54 2141 yards
Scorecard for Riviera Maya
Mens M: 53.0/102 120 172 132 223 159 149 150 118 181 1404 159 132 101 276 197 176 157 139 190 1527 2931
Ladies W: 54.1/104 120 172 132 223 159 149 150 118 181 1404 159 132 101 276 197 176 157 139 190 1527 2931

Year Built 2003
Fairways Bermuda 419
Greens Tifdwarf
Architect Nicklaus (2003)

Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golfing attire required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Mexico (2018 #11)

Golf Now hot deal

Don’t usually golf on par 3 courses but this was my fifth time. This is one tough little course when the wind is blowing. If you are a hacker take lots of balls or by used from pro shop for $12 US per dozen. Rental clubs were titleist ap1.

Great par 3. Greens could be a little nicer but didn’t take away from experience. Paid $45 on a hot deal. Staff was great.

Will golf here again

Pleasant experience

Wonderful and imaginative Course makes you work to save par

Friendly staff plenty of wildlife around you as you play will definitely return my next trip back to this area.

Fun par 3

I have played this par 3 course several times. It’s a great value if you’re able to get a ‘hot deal’ ($38-$45). If paying full price ($105) it is a bit pricey. The only disadvantage of using GolfNow is that they do not allow outside taxi/transportation to drop you off at the course, but instead a lobby area. You wait 10-15 minutes for their shuttle to take you to the course.

The course is always in good shape. There’s a good variety of wedges, short, and mid iron tee shots, but mostly wedges and short irons. This is the busiest I have ever seen the course and we still got done in 2.5 hours.

Great par 3 challenging and very enjoyable. Played with the wife. Lots of water and sand to add to the challenge. We loved this course and planned to golf again. If you want to challenge your par 3 play. This is the course

The Par Three Challenge

This par 3 course is in very good condition.

The greens are true and plus the greens will hold a good lob shot. I played this course 3 times and always enjoyed the course and the challenges it offers you. I LIKE IT.

The restaurant is also very good with a friendly staff to help you. Susanna is great.

DOWNSIDE— for the money you pay to play golf

ONE bottle of water- COME ON MAN

Much Harder than Expected

Was on vacation at a neighboring resort and bought the GolfNow Hot Deal. Took a cab over with my wife and they charged a very resealable $10 rider fee for my wife. Played the back black tees. Course layout was very good which included a 276 yd par 3 along with several other 195 yd ones into the wind with water straight across the front and an island green. Hole distance average was 166 from the black tees so it’s not just short shots. The day I played the greens where very slow. Very hot & humid in early Sept. only complaint I had was from the Vandanda was the cab driver back to the Valentine which was only a mile or two charged me $18., going was $12 from my resort. Thanks

Challenging course

My overall experience was excellent. I really enjoyed playing this nicely manicured but challenging course. It does take some time to get to the clubhouse so yes as described in other reviews get there early. The course was empty so I had it all for myself, the service was very good. I would highly recommend playing it especially for the price that I got online. Happy golfing!

It´s a very fun executive course. Nice environment, no crowds. I play alone all the way. The only thing to keep in mind is the security checks. You should get to the resort at least 40 minutes before your tee time. You have to leave your car near the lobby and then a cart drives you to the field. I read about this in a helpful review on this site and avoid me the headache. It can be pretty annoying if you arrive just on time.

Great little par 3 tucked away in the Mayan Riviera but...

But..........If you are an outsider to the properties, you need to allow an extra 3/4 to one hour to park your car, wait for staff to inspect your car, wait in line to pay for parking along with everyone checking in/out of hotels, wait in line for the correct shuttle to take you to golf course. Arriving 45 minutes before our tee times did not allow for the parking lot fiasco, let alone time to hit a few practice balls or purchase snacks prior, etc. Should you choose to take a taxi to the course, you will still have to deal with bell hops, shuttles and lineups...This experience really turned us off the course and not sure if we will come again to the almost empty Vidanta. .

The best executive course I have ever played.

My wife and I played this on a 73 degree day with not to much humidity. I played from the black tees and I couldn't believe it when I got to the 13th hole that was a 276 yards. there are a lot of long holes at and thing there where 4 or 5 holes over 200 yards and I think the shorter on was 110 yards. Getting to the cours was a little challenging from getting dropped off at the main lobby to taking the tram ride to the corse so book plenty of time to get there if your not staying at the resort. The course was in great shape that staff was very good (giving us a ride back the the main lobby in the golf cart so we didn't have to take the tram ride. We purchased this on golf now for $36 and worth every cent of of that. I would not pay the $105 that they wanted. We played the front in 1 hour and 15 minutes but the back was much slower at 1 hour 45 minutes but the weather was great and they have beer . all and all was a nice afternoon so if you don't want to spend the entire day golfing this is the place to go.

Jack’s 18 @ vidanta

This course is a great test for your short game. Playing from the back tees you get to pull out your driver. My daughter and son played it twice and my daughter played the best golgame of her life.

I highly recommend playing fif you ever get Mexico

Resort course

I must’ve missed the part where it said it was a par three course. Nevertheless the course is very challenging. Classic Nicklaus greens. Unfortunately it had rained the day before and affected the conditions. But overall I like the course and will play it again.

Very nice course to practice your short game

I had a very nice time on this 18-hole par-3 course within the massive Vidanrta resort complex. It was a little hard to find the clubhouse, because there isn’t one (though it appears one is under construction). The staff are very friendly. I might’ve been less favorable if I had paid the full price but got a hot deal for about half price for a late morning start. The course was largely empty and I played alone at a leisurely pace - I still finished in about three hours. The course is well-kept and pretty - there are ample water and sand hazards. The greens are strategically located to be challenging. The back nine is much more challenging than the front nine. They give you one bottle of water so if you don’t want to pay for more bring your own. No bathroom at start but 2 on the course. No map needed- you can see every green from the tees. There is a beverage cart with typical Mexican tourist prices. No hole is longer than 223 yards from the black tees, the blue tees are definitely pitch and putt. Overall would play this course again if on the Myan Riviera. It’s a great warm-up course or to really practice your short game.

Great little couse

Unexpectably difficult par three course. I used from gap wedge to driver. (276 yrd hole). Lots of water, bring more balls than you would expect to lose. Also swirling winds which the staff said are constant. Will play again.

New club house being built.

Cozumel, Quintana Roo
Cancún, Quintana Roo
Puerto Aventura, Quintana Roo

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2019 - Apr 21, 2019
Get a head start on Spring and experience true southern hospitality with championship golf and charming villas in beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry with the Spring Getaway.