Style Executive

Located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, Nicklaus Par Three Experience at Vidanta Riviera Maya (formerly known as El Manglar Golf Club at Vidanta Riviera Maya) is a par 3 Jack Nicklaus masterpiece. The contrast that exists with the colors of this course gives it a natural Caribbean beauty - its bunkers with radiating white sand, the lakes surrounded by natural stones, area part of the game, and the type of green used on this course’s greens blend your target with the outlying weeds, making it a challenge to make par.

The beauty, the nature and the timelessness of this golf course will not only challenge, but inspire you. Lakes accompany you throughout twelve of the course’s holes, the native vegetation of the Mayan Jungle is your natural enemy and spectator and will distract you. This is all part of the challenge to win and determines the time you spend in the game. Also the design of the greens reflects history since it is constructed with styles found half of century ago.

Donut hole description. The spectacular 17th hole is characterized by its great degree of difficulty. Besides having two bunkers, one at each end, it also has a bunker in the center of the green which makes it unique to its kind. Additionally, the green is in the middle of the lake which makes it very difficult to make the covered par.

The Nicklaus Design Course at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Black 54 2923 yards
Blue 54 2438 yards
Red (W) 54 2141 yards
Scorecard for Riviera Maya
Mens M: 53.0/102 120 172 132 223 159 149 150 118 181 1404 159 132 101 276 197 176 157 139 190 1527 2931
Ladies W: 54.1/104 120 172 132 223 159 149 150 118 181 1404 159 132 101 276 197 176 157 139 190 1527 2931

Year Built 2003
Fairways Bermuda 419
Greens Tifdwarf
Architect Nicklaus (2003)

Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golfing attire required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Mexico (2018 #11)

Small but challenging

Such a great value finding this course on GolfNow.... rented clubs but not real impressed with the selection. The course was well laid out. All pat threes but don’t be fooled this course is very challenging with its sand and water hazards.
Totally enjoyed my experience and would definitely return.

Beautiful and challenging course

We have played this course 5 time over the past 5 months. It was pristine in November, and good in early March. This past week presented some challenges with very dry conditions and brown tee boxes and struggling greens. They closed the front 9 to aerate the greens today and were watering heavily. With the upcoming rainy season I expect it to be back in form soon. The beverage cart service has been spotty on our last couple outings, best to stock up when you start your round,, if that is important to you. it is a beautifully designed course and a pleasure to play, just struggling a little now. No doubt that conditions will improve soon.

Great Value at Hot Deal price

It's a very interesting layout with lots of variety. The course was near empty so we played 18 in about 2.5 hours.

Greens were fast and true and held well.

Would play again.

Nice layout

Course was not as manicured as I would have expected for the Vidanta resort, I guess that's reflected in the affordable price..
Was fun to play an 18 hole par 3 with my wife and young daughter.
Parking set up was poor and confusing upon entry as where to park, it was not marked. Parked in the rental car lot (it says rental cars only) but that's where the 3rd attendant told me to park, and then had to walk with our clubs over to wait for a shuttle. My wife said she wouldn't go there again for that reason.
The 278 yard hole was fun.

Very good course

Well worth the effort. Mr. Nicholas has created a challenge in a par three that isn’t available elsewhere.

Fun to play

This course is fun and challenging to play. Offers even a great golfer the opportunity to feel challenged. Definitely some very difficult holes. A wonderful golf experience. Well kept. Good service. Something a little different. For a par three course it is totally beyond expectations.

Continues to be a challenge

Course construction makes each hole a challenge to play. Wind conditions, layout of the greens, and pin position continue to make this an enjoyable and entertaining golf course to play.

Golf Now hot deal

Don’t usually golf on par 3 courses but this was my fifth time. This is one tough little course when the wind is blowing. If you are a hacker take lots of balls or by used from pro shop for $12 US per dozen. Rental clubs were titleist ap1.

Great par 3. Greens could be a little nicer but didn’t take away from experience. Paid $45 on a hot deal. Staff was great.
Will golf here again

Pleasant experience

Wonderful and imaginative Course makes you work to save par
Friendly staff plenty of wildlife around you as you play will definitely return my next trip back to this area.

Fun par 3

I have played this par 3 course several times. It’s a great value if you’re able to get a ‘hot deal’ ($38-$45). If paying full price ($105) it is a bit pricey. The only disadvantage of using GolfNow is that they do not allow outside taxi/transportation to drop you off at the course, but instead a lobby area. You wait 10-15 minutes for their shuttle to take you to the course.
The course is always in good shape. There’s a good variety of wedges, short, and mid iron tee shots, but mostly wedges and short irons. This is the busiest I have ever seen the course and we still got done in 2.5 hours.

Great par 3 challenging and very enjoyable. Played with the wife. Lots of water and sand to add to the challenge. We loved this course and planned to golf again. If you want to challenge your par 3 play. This is the course

The Par Three Challenge

This par 3 course is in very good condition.
The greens are true and plus the greens will hold a good lob shot. I played this course 3 times and always enjoyed the course and the challenges it offers you. I LIKE IT.
The restaurant is also very good with a friendly staff to help you. Susanna is great.
DOWNSIDE— for the money you pay to play golf
ONE bottle of water- COME ON MAN

Much Harder than Expected

Was on vacation at a neighboring resort and bought the GolfNow Hot Deal. Took a cab over with my wife and they charged a very resealable $10 rider fee for my wife. Played the back black tees. Course layout was very good which included a 276 yd par 3 along with several other 195 yd ones into the wind with water straight across the front and an island green. Hole distance average was 166 from the black tees so it’s not just short shots. The day I played the greens where very slow. Very hot & humid in early Sept. only complaint I had was from the Vandanda was the cab driver back to the Valentine which was only a mile or two charged me $18., going was $12 from my resort. Thanks

Challenging course

My overall experience was excellent. I really enjoyed playing this nicely manicured but challenging course. It does take some time to get to the clubhouse so yes as described in other reviews get there early. The course was empty so I had it all for myself, the service was very good. I would highly recommend playing it especially for the price that I got online. Happy golfing!

It´s a very fun executive course. Nice environment, no crowds. I play alone all the way. The only thing to keep in mind is the security checks. You should get to the resort at least 40 minutes before your tee time. You have to leave your car near the lobby and then a cart drives you to the field. I read about this in a helpful review on this site and avoid me the headache. It can be pretty annoying if you arrive just on time.

Great little par 3 tucked away in the Mayan Riviera but...

But..........If you are an outsider to the properties, you need to allow an extra 3/4 to one hour to park your car, wait for staff to inspect your car, wait in line to pay for parking along with everyone checking in/out of hotels, wait in line for the correct shuttle to take you to golf course. Arriving 45 minutes before our tee times did not allow for the parking lot fiasco, let alone time to hit a few practice balls or purchase snacks prior, etc. Should you choose to take a taxi to the course, you will still have to deal with bell hops, shuttles and lineups...This experience really turned us off the course and not sure if we will come again to the almost empty Vidanta. .

The best executive course I have ever played.

My wife and I played this on a 73 degree day with not to much humidity. I played from the black tees and I couldn't believe it when I got to the 13th hole that was a 276 yards. there are a lot of long holes at and thing there where 4 or 5 holes over 200 yards and I think the shorter on was 110 yards. Getting to the cours was a little challenging from getting dropped off at the main lobby to taking the tram ride to the corse so book plenty of time to get there if your not staying at the resort. The course was in great shape that staff was very good (giving us a ride back the the main lobby in the golf cart so we didn't have to take the tram ride. We purchased this on golf now for $36 and worth every cent of of that. I would not pay the $105 that they wanted. We played the front in 1 hour and 15 minutes but the back was much slower at 1 hour 45 minutes but the weather was great and they have beer . all and all was a nice afternoon so if you don't want to spend the entire day golfing this is the place to go.

Cozumel, Quintana Roo
3.2078
Cancún, Quintana Roo
Cancun, Quintana Roo
Puerto Aventura, Quintana Roo

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save