Year Built 1952
Architect Michael McDonagh

9-Hole Rounds 13

good pace

the starter held us back by about 10 minutes, but he was so correct, didn't end up having to wait for the group in front to clear. Great job on ensuring the the pace of play was on target.

Could Use Some Work

Play here a couple of times a year only because it is close by. Played the front 9 and then came around and found out there is a league group playing. Back nine took quite a bit longer, have to remember that next time. The greens were in very good shape, sand traps were better than most but still need improvement and fairways were in good shape. This is an average tract at best. I won't say don't play this course but there are so many other courses nearby that are better and most of the time cheaper.

Great walking course

I always get 1st tee time and walk. It is so peaceful, quite at that time in the morning. It's a very flat course with good size flat greens. That 18 hole is a double cross hole. You have to hit over the creek twice to get to the green. Great hole. Most times I bogie the hole but one time I birdied it. Fun course to play.

Arcade creek needs to be kept up better

I don’t know if Haggin Oaks is letting arcade go or what but they really need to focus more of there time maintaining the course!!!!

Haggin oaks arcade

First one at tee, it was slightly frosty, 2.25 hr round. Some bunkers were being renovated otherwise winter conditions with dormant grass, still very playable.

Good deal

The greens were aerated a couple weeks prior so not ideal but a good quick round with no waiting for a good price.

Heads Up

Golf now contacted me a day ahead of time and let me know that the course was being plugged.I thought that was a great thing for them to do.

Will not be coming back to this goat track

Where to start? Booked a tee time for 6:06 on a Saturday. Showed up early and hit the range. Checking in, was not greeted. I noticed my booking did not come with a cart, no big deal, went to add that and it was an extra $17 bucks! Fine. Paid for it asked where is the first tee, dude pointed out back to the cart barn. Checked into the barn and ask the guy where the starter was. He tells me he hasn't shown up yet. I said ok, when do I tee off and with who? He goes just go whenever!! So now I'm told to head out on a dark tee box, no one to regulate which order, just normal course stuff on a Saturday that happens EVERYWHERE except here.
As I'm about to tee off cart barn guy yells to me I should play the OTHER course. The good side, that there is single waiting for me on the tee box. I said great, I had to pay another up charge so now my $35 round is $67 bucks.
Get to the first tee, no one in sight, no single, no starter, no employee. So I tee off, still too dark to really see anything too deep. I hit two shots and lost both in the fairway! Why? Because the course was flooded, as in a swamp. Not to mention the first fairway is COVERED in range balls.
I hit a drop to just keep going. End up in a green side "bunker" which is under water, and is pure mud. No big deal, pick and clean. My round continues, had to clean so much goose and turkey droppings on the greens that some greens looked like they were punched!
And here is the coup d'etat, I'm on the 10th tee box and THEY START A SHOT GUN BEST BALL TOURNEY!!!! Literally had an employee drive up with tournament golfers and place them right behind me, and on the next tee box. Now I'm RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a tournament as a single.
I think I'm about to finish the 11th hole when an employee drives up and tells me they were going to give me a rain check for 9 holes! I couldn't believe it, told him to keep it. He was a nice guy and after I told him what a TERRIBLE experience has been. He tells me he'll give me a full refund. I said fine, head back to club house, same guy working, never said a word, not sorry, not my bad, nothing.
With so many quality courses up here, this is off my list.
Will NEVER play there again.
Wish I could upload my pictures I took of the course. I'm now calling it Haggin Swamp

Good value

Enjoyed the course, play was a little slow, but we were in a hurry to get to an appointment by 2 pm (9:00 am start). Just plan for longer round.

Fun

Wide open fairways. Not too much sand. Hardly any water hazards. Mostly flat greens. Great course to play and not lose a lot of balls!

Wet Round After Extraordinary Rains

We were able to get 9 holes in on the Arcrade back nine. There were few players on the course, the obvious reason being how water soaked the course was. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and happy to have us there. We hadn't played this course for quite some time. We were pleased with the many choices of tees. My wife and I are seniors, and an old friend who is a beginning golfer joined in the fun. We selected what tees to play based on the "Recommended Tees" on the score card. The ladies played the red tees and I played the tan tees. These are 2 of 6 tee choices! We found this tee selection a great improvement over what we have experienced at other courses. It is so nice to be able to tee off and if you hit the ball reasonably well you have a shot at making the green in regulation. This is most often not the case when my wife plays from red tees and I play from the men's white tees. We walked the course having rented some very practice and easily used pull carts. In spite of the extremely wet conditions we had a very nice round of golf on a classic valley course layout. The only negative we have about this course is that it is bordered on both sides with I-80 and Bus 80 freeways which make what should be a nice quiet wall in a park, a noisy one. If you don't enjoy playing golf next to a noisy freeway avoid this course.

Wet, but fun none the less

Lots of rain has made for a pretty wet golf course. I figured the rain had let up last weekend and decided to play the course Monday morning. The course was so soggy my golf balls plugged in the fairways, so needless to say; I picked up a wiped off my balls after every shot. I love the wide open fairways and the challenging greens, but I can't wait for this course to dry out (it may take a while with rain expected again) ha ha. Overall great course and outstanding value for the money. I'll be playing it again soon.

Carmichael, California