The Nicklaus Course at Vista Vallarta Golf Club is one of two championship courses at the club, the other was designed by Tom Weiskopf. The Nicklaus Course is perched atop the property's highest elevation, offering spectacular views of Puerto Vallarta and the Bay of Banderas. The course tumbles across grassy hillsides covered with dense forests of palms and giant ficus trees. True to Nicklaus' style, the wildly undulating greens are balanced by generous driving areas. He also chose to route the holes along the natural contours of the land, giving each hole a unique character. One of the most talked-about holes on the golf course is the par-5 third, which is ranked as the toughest. This 550-yard monster demands three strong shots in order to make it onto the elevated green in regulation, but the tricky part is that the elevation rises a bit more with each shot.

Vista Vallarta Golf Club - Nicklaus Course
Scorecard for Nicklaus
Gold M: 74.9/131 401 429 550 381 213 452 426 534 182 3568 536 394 580 340 440 177 423 170 445 3505 7073
Blue M: 70.1/123 338 408 519 366 192 435 395 499 178 3330 513 370 558 314 442 149 383 157 399 3285 6615
White M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 294 360 484 338 168 416 372 453 152 3037 466 356 538 262 402 125 347 131 367 2994 6031
Red W: 67.1/113 258 334 441 266 143 329 282 420 129 2602 431 332 519 234 309 111 305 112 296 2649 5251

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001) Chet Williams (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discovery

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Mexico (2018 #12)

Best course in Puerto Vallarta

I vacation in Puerto Vallarta a couple of times per year, and Vista Vallarta is by far the best course in the area, particularly the Nicklaus course which is tougher and offers a better variety of holes and better views than the somewhat monotonous Weiskopf track. You will play in near isolation and can move at whatever pace you desire. Despite having hosted a WGC event — and all the players’ lockers remain visible as a reminder — this is no longer a Tour quality course. The greens are consistent, but the maintenance is much like any better muni course in the states. But it far exceeds any of the other options in the area. It is way overpriced, but you can find select discounted tee times if you’re not tied to playing in the morning.

Wow

Played the Nicholas course today. Course is in fantastic condition aerration over a month ago, ball rolling true. Great breeze and wife cleared most the ravens. Beer was cold. Playing the Weiskopf on a few days!!! We love jungle golf!!!!!

Although greens and been punched and sanded in the last two weeks, making them pretty slow, the course was otherwise in very good condition. Pace was excellent as we had no one in front of us. Have played Vista many times, both the Nicklaus and Weiskopf. Price a bit steep, but we caught a Golf Now “Great Deal”, so it was a great value. We will return.

Long course

Not the first time that we played this course. Looked like it was rather dry. Palm foliage looked as though they needed trimming. Lots of dead fronds hanging down. The ground foliage was cut way back along fairways and removed the foliage from the ditches/ crevices that cross the fairways. Made for faster pace of play. I found it to be challenging but fun. Greens were in good condition. They were quite fast.

We played mid afternoon which was the warmest part of they day. The cart girls were a welcome sight as they made their rounds. Over all we had a positive golf experience and are looking forward to playing there again next week.

Nicholas course

Wonderful setting. We had a slow round due to a couple of large groups that went off before us. Slowed us down considerable, beverage service was insufficient. Ordered sandwiches at the turn and they delivered them to us on the course very good sandwich. Would be nice to have a phone out on the course to order. Our round was 4:45 not what i expect on a nice and expensive course.

Great Variety

After playing the Weiskoff course on three days earlier, which I liked very much, I was looking forward to the other Vista Vallarata course. The Jack Nicklaus course was even better! I played both courses in the early afternoon with the same, low wind weather. What I really enjoyed, was the course design. A number of holes required a placement shoot off the tee, which I enjoyed. It was challenging and fair. The greens were also challenging, with some having severe slopes and some requiring good distance control to hold. My good shots were highly rewarded. I am an 18 handicapper and shot a 92 from the white tees and a poor short game. I have one more chance to play VV and will make the Nicklaus course.

A long ways to go

I paid $100 on GN and felt I overpaid. They normally charge $200+ and it's out in the sticks.

The staff were all excellent but I won't be back at the rates charged.

Course was in decent shape, greens rolled well. We played through 3 groups otherwise it would have been a 5+ hr. day.

Ups and Downs

Great course in a mountain side environment. Hills, ravines, water, sand, everything to test each and every club in the bag. Had a great day with spouse and friends. Highly enjoyable. Friendly staff.

Beautiful course

The clubhouse and pro shop we’re first rate, ALL the staff were great, and the course was beautiful and in great shape. My only challenge was that the course was fairly difficult for a high handicapper playing winter resort golf. I’d love to play it after a month or so of practice.

Great layout

One my favourite courses here. Pricey but with GolfNow app it livable. Definitely the best greens around.

Typical Nicklaus layout

Great layout not for a first game,ball positioning is important on this type of well guarded course, spent my day gardening in traps..!
Guaranteed to return when rust... and sand is cleaned out.!

Great track

Played the Nicklaus course. Beautifully maintained with good hole variety with a great view of the mountains in the background.

Great course, bring your app

Course was in great condition. Greens receptive, bunkers well maintained a very playable. I think the devil himself put out some of the pins for my round though. For first time players, you won’t be able to see the pin and how the hole is laid out from the tee for at least half the holes. There is no cart GPS and the scorecard does not have a print of the course so you better bring an app or other device to help you through the course.

Our favourite golf course in all of PV and Banderos Bay

We’ve played them all! By far our favourite is Vista Vallarta - Nicholas followed by Weiskopf (sorry if spelling is off).

The scenery is fantastic. Staff are the best. Our only issue this round was the greens were sanded and we did not know. They were still better than our greens at home at their best

We teed off at 1:30 and finished at 4:40. Fantastic pace of play.

Beautiful and challenging course.Too bad my game was not up to the challenge!!

Love this course

Played many times. One of my favorite two courses anywhere!!

Challenging but fair

Enjoyed this course. Only 20 minutes from Vallarta. Fairways were generous and easy to hit but surrounded by thick brush crevasses and jungle. Greens in great shape and most surrounded by deep pot bunkers. My caddie was excellent and knew the greens and was excellent on distances from fairway.

5th time

3rd time on this 18: they have two 18. Course conditions are perfect, 3verything is great, only issue I had was stiff shaft left hand clubs. But an issue I find many place...

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
4.19435
Higuera Blanca, Bahía de Banderas
San Francisco, Nayarit

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package