Type Private/Resort
Angel Fire Resort

Year Built 1972
Golf Season May 17th - October 20th

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Collared shirts are required for men. Mock turtleneck shirts must touch the neck area. Denim is permitted. No gym shorts or halter tops. Dress code applies to children over 12

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness

Good Course run terribly!

The pace of play ruins everything about this golf course. If the marshal is doing his job then no course should take more than 4.5 hours to play regardless of how "slammed" the course is. I spoke with the marshal multiple times about the pace of play of the groups in front of me as I watched them hit 2 balls off every tee, take multiple practice putts on the green after holing out, and their refusal to play ready golf. Instead of doing anything about the golfers in front of our group, the marshal simply told me they were full and that I was the problem. Played Taos Country Club the next day and the course was quite in as good of shape but the marshal was actually doing his job and pace of play was under 4 hours with just as crowded of a course. The course is not worth the frustration and I would skip and make the drive to Taos CC instead.

The Elevation Changes Were Exciting

The views were spectacular, the conditions were perfect, never have i played greener fairways. The greens rolled smooth and true. The carts were deluxe, with USB plug ins and pleated leather seats. A very welcoming staff, great food at the cafe at the turn, a downhill driving range, a pure pleasure putting green, and one of the best small short game practice areas i have seen.

DL1

Newbies

During Covid-19, any golf is good. The course was in very good condition and play was crowded. The round took 4.5 hours for 18 holes. The course had two snack shacks set up for hydration and goodies and all staff was very helpful. Took two friends to the course that had not played there before and it really enhanced the experience. Looking forward to our next outing at Angel Fire.

Rescheduled

Have played there twice in 3 weeks. Both times course conditions were quite good. Pace of play was as expected 4+ hours. But the weather and scenary are fantastic.

Rescheduled

Unfortunately, we had to reschedule. Brother-in-law's truck broke down 8 miles from golf course. I personally went in to reschedule for next Tue. 6/16/20. Have played there before and enjoyed it so we decided to play again. Staff was very cordial and understood are dilemma. They promptly rescheduled and said I would be billed then. Thank you!

Great course and beautiful weather

Course was in great shape and the pace of play was good. Very friendly staff and overall a very enjoyable day.

Great Track

Played with Friendly locals who gave me great information on every hole. a really pretty course .

Enjoyed The Course

Wife and I played Angel Fire twice while vacationing in the area and we thoroughly enjoyed the course. Rate reflects a discount for staying at an Angel Fire
Resort property. Layout is challenging, but manageable. Condition was great - especially considering weather conditions this year. Staff friendly and helpful. Pace of play was 4-4.5 hours. We will definitely return when in the area.

course was challenging

We were a party of three. All of us really enjoyed this course. The service was good. The conditions of the greens were impeccable. A little backed up because of the crowds. All in all OK. Really enjoyed the level of the greens.

Best shape in 30 years playing

Holiday weekend. Pace of play was very slow - 5.5 hours! However, weather was perfect and the course was in top shape. Would compare to any other mountain course I've played. Would recommend to beginners as well as low handicappers.

slowest 18 ever

extremely slow play. 4 1/2 to 5 hours. many beginners playing slow and sideways. no sign of a course marshal. nobody playing here ever heard of playing ready golf . thank God for good weather and scenery. course and greens in good condition. several unsupervised children romping on putting green

Commented on 09/06/2020

Just played here today and actually did talk to the worthless Marshall about the pace of play. 5 hours 15 minutes to play a round is terrible and he looked at me as if I had 3 eyes when I told him that was unacceptable. The group in front of me took multiple shots on just about every tee. Way overpriced but decent course with good views but I wouldn’t give this more than 2 stars and Taos Country Club is a far better golf experience in my opinion.

Angel Fire Resort

The course was in great shape. Can't wait to play again. Tough greens but fantastic shape!

AMAZING MOUNTAIN GOLF TRIP

We had a blast. We did rained on the first afternoon but got finished before it rained the second afternoon. We love playing golf this time of year, it is so great playing with temps in the 70's and 80's. We try to come every summer.

Magnificat scenery on a great course.

Going back tomorrow. Members I played with were a pleasure to spend the day with. Thank you Lionel and John.

jessislord

This was a really fun mountain course. Narrow times with challenging greens. The course was in great shape. The pace of play was somewhat slow. There are several very enjoyable holes including a 200 yd par three that drops about 200 feet. Well worth playing. Great views of the mountains.

Good & Bad

Got serious attitude from staff because I booked thru GolfNow. They didn't like the fact I paid $40thru GolfNow instead of their usual $89 green fee. The bad: course not in great shape for the fee you pay. Very slow play because of family foursomes, lots of kids with grandparents. Rude attitude from staff. The good: spectacular views of the mountains, wonderful weather, clean air, beautiful clubhouse with fine dining.

Hidden Gem

This was a course we just picked on a whim because we were passing through New Mexico but was a pleasant surprise.... it is a true mountain course in a quiet valley town. There is a par 3 on the front nine that is listed at around 200 yards but plays 4 or 5 club lengths less due to the incredible elevation. On a weekday you can get this course through Golfnow for around $50 but we did the stay and play at their resort which was only around $200 I would recommend this course to anyone especially if you are familiar with mountain style golf.

Amazing

This course is amazing, the greens were great, the fairways was perfect. Staff was friendly and helpful. I did have trouble paying attention to my golf game due to the scenery around the course. I give this course a 10 easy, go play it, it will make you feel rich!.

Taos, New Mexico