Diamond Back Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Fairways Tifway 419 Bermuda Grass
Architect Charles Coody (1999) Williams, Gill & Associates (1999)

Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.

Clubhouse

Horrible Experience

Had got permission by the staff in the clubhouse to play in a 6-some at the time we paid our green fee. Everything was going perfectly fine and our group was maintaining pace of play. Then on hole 6 all heck broke lose. A two-some on number 4 tee began to curse me and my group about playing with 6. Prior to them we allowed 2 groups play thru and had no issues. These 2 guys proceeded to use profanity and called the head pro. Minutes later the pro forced us to split up. I understand that a 6-some is not common, but when we received permission prior and paid a $60.00 green fee our request should have been upheld. Coward act by the staff to cave to the 2 jerks who were so upset. I will NEVER give Diamondback my money again nor will group of regulars. If they want to allow people like them out there rather than a group of courteous golfers by all means be my guest. Completely ruined our experience on a course that we once enjoyed. Lastly, as for the $60.00 weekday green fee they need to get real. I’ve played much nicer courses all over the country with an honorable staff who does not allow jerks to pout about a group of golfers 3 holes ahead for much cheaper. Definitely the LAST TIME I will ever play there and I hope others follow suit. Support the other area rural courses instead.

Great course played it many times. Bent grass screens are in great shape. The fairways are in great shape.

Great Course with Great People

DCG was an awesome experience. It's is in great playing condition considering the Texas heat that normally destroys golf courses by this point in August. Greens are well kept and the driving range is large and allows for players to hit off the grass. The best part about our round was the kindness of the pro in the shop. I called in to say that my golf cart had unfortunately died going up the hill to the 13 teebox and one of the pros immediately drove a fresh one out to us. Great experience!

Commented on 09/13/2016

Thanks for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear you had a great experience while at our course. We really pride ourselves on our well-kept greens and friendly, as well as on-point, staff! Once again, thanks for the awesome review. We hope to see you again soon!

Always an enjoyable round

Played this track after a few days of steady rain and cart rule was the usual 90 degree rule... course drains very well.
Windy days makes this a tough track. Any tee balls that miss the fairways by much are going to be in the native cactus/mesquite tree/snake infested terrain.
Greens had just been punched and sanded so that was a challenge, but just means they'll be great by mid-April.
Large driving range and putting green. Decent sized chipping green with sand trap.
Long, hilly course to walk so I wouldn't recommend walking unless you're in great shape and it's not going to be a hot day.
Always love playing here. IMO, easily the best public course within an hour's drive from Abilene.

Commented on 07/29/2015

Thank you for the review. We're humbled to hear that you find us to be the best public course in the area. We hope you'll come back out and see us again soon.

Great Golf Course!

I have played this course several times over the last 4 months. I have yet to be disappointed in the condition of the course. Fairways and greens are very well maintained and the staff has always been friendly. If you're anywhere close to Abilene, you'd do yourself a disservice if you didn't play a round. Watch for rattlers!

Abilene, Texas