The Golf Club at Dove Mountain - Saguaro/Tortolita

Yellow 72 6334 yards 69.8 126
Yellow (W) 72 6334 yards 76.7 149
Green (W) 72 5283 yards 71.6 132
Scorecard for Saguaro / Tortolita
Tour M: 77.1/147 460 574 208 393 536 185 486 576 476 3894 493 659 219 583 449 343 247 482 480 3955 7849
Blue M: 73.9/146 453 504 191 385 439 177 439 567 467 3622 471 559 203 539 441 343 199 451 412 3618 7240
Cooper M: 72.3/134 414 493 175 369 429 161 421 539 406 3407 428 546 181 516 398 343 174 439 379 3404 6811
Yellow M: 69.8/126 W: 76.8/150 395 482 155 349 419 146 386 506 394 3232 417 533 156 481 370 280 164 375 326 3102 6334
Green W: 71.2/132 307 408 124 271 361 131 318 408 317 2645 300 464 114 403 311 273 114 339 320 2638 5283

Year Built 2009
Fairways Bermuda with Perennial rye overseed
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2009) Chet Williams (2009)

Pull-carts No

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 112

Fun in the sun

Played the Tortolita and Saguaro courses today,

10-10-18.

Played the Tortolita last week. Was overseeded the week before. Yesterday, there was significant improvement. Only negative, the tee boxes were not cut. Overall, I was very pleased with condition of the course. Was surprised there were not many more golfers playing on such a beautiful day. Sunny and 80 degrees.

Really nice layout. Greens and fairways in good shape. Carts have super comfy seats. Great scenery.

Poor condition compared to other visits.

I guess you take the good with the bad.....

Good - arrived early to hit some balls and got out early as the course was empty

Bad - the driving range was closed because it rained earlier in the day. WHAT?

Good - Price was good

Bad - course condition was average at best and the worst I had ever played at this venue

Good - Fancy new GPS system

Bad - charge extra $$ on arrival for it, all the yardages were to pins that that were not in those spots. Told them about it after and the response was “we are still working out the kinks as it’s a new system” - well don’t make me pay for what does not work.

Good - saved some money on food and drinks

Bad - no staff for half way or cart so couldn’t even get anything.

The course has been overseeded

We were not told prior to arriving that one of the 9's we would be playing was cart path only and had been overseeded--we should have been told as it changed the conditions dramatically

Beware of dove mountain

Nice course back nine was cart path only due to overseer. We weren’t told until after we’d paid. Very slow group in front of us. When we asked for help we were told to just play 2 balls. We finally just went around them—2 open holes in front and it was fairly enjoyable after that.

Nice course, with a few funky holes.

Played the Saguaro/Wild Burro combo.

I found the Saguaro 9 to be very enjoyable. Challenging but fair. Great views all around.

Wild Burro 9 was a bit different, definitely harder. They had quite a few difficult pin placements.

This 9 has a couple of funky hole that you’d have to play a few times to know where trouble was, or what angles to play for.

One longer par 4 the fairway end at 250 and you need to carry 275 uphill to clear the wash, which you cannot see from any tee.

Could be hellish on a windy day.

I can see why the pro’s didn’t want to play it anymore.

Don’t think I’d want to pay winter rates, though. I might play it again in summer....

Good summer outing

Very good shape for summer play. Enjoyable layout, friendly staff.

Charge for GPS?

This was the first time in 7 years they charged to use their GPS system. The cost was 6.75 per golfer and almost every hole had the wring pin placement on the GPS. On top of that there was no refund after we informed them of this. Won't play there again.

Outstanding Golf Coure

Very friendly staff. Great course conditions. Love the 10 minutes apart tee times so there is no bunching up of groups!

Absolute stunning course. Conditions was very good.

Very challenging

Enjoyed the day very much enjoyed this course. Play the right tees for your skill level or it won't be fun. Lots of bunkers fast greens.

California Advisor

Tortolita/Wild Burro... get ready for a wild ride...

Played the Copper tees (71.6/134/6753) on the Wild Burro/Tortolita combo in 3 hours with Alvin early morning. Around 90, fairly calm and sunny.

Nicklaus Signature course that was used for the World Match Play a few years back. The course has alot of undulation that produced more uneven lies than you would expect based on what you see from the tee. The layout is around 3000' elevation, so it plays shorter than the yardage indicates. The mostly raised green complexes are typical Nicklaus, except on steroids.

The Bermuda tees were mostly lush and well maintained.

The Bermuda fairways were nice, very good bordering on excellent.

The Bermuda rough was penal, just long enough that the ball usually sat down. A few bare areas here and there, but mostly lush.

The sand traps were large, plentiful, deep and very well maintained. Many of these traps need to flat out be avoided by most amateurs because of the size of the lips.

The bent greens putted medium fast speed and were smooth. They would have been excellent "but for" the amount of unfixed ball marks by uncourteous players.

The customer service was excellent from all encountered. Cart attendant cleans your clubs and provided plenty of water on a hot day. Nice putting/chipping greens and all grass driving range in included with your fee.

One of the toughest courses I have ever played from the next to back set of tees. Unforgiving unless you are precise from tee to green. Greens are huge with many contours, and missing the greens by a little produces really challenging chips. Recommended, but not for the faint of heart.

Tough track

It’s one of the most difficult courses I’ve ever played. Tougher than any of the Pebble Beach courses. Course was in great shape but the design is difficult, elevated greens and bunkers everywhere. Typical Jack Nicklaus design. I prefer Tortilita and Saguro to Wild Burrow. Holes 15 & 16 on Wild Burrow kick my butt every time.

Hidden fees

I play this regularly when in Tucson—— a great course, challenging and great value from golf now, especially VIP—- but now they add on a “ $5.00 cart Fee”—- “ golf now is not letting people know”. When you look at fine print, there is a $5.00 course add on for the SHARK cart application. What a scam—- it’s useless, extra garbage on GPS, I don’t need a walk off song or all the ads—-I want to play golf!!! If they s continues, I recommend staying away from Golf Now, especially VIP. THE COURSE HAS LOST ALOT OF RESPECT FROM ME FOR ADDING THIS ON ( in fine print).

$10 Plus in HIDDEN FEES

Disappointed!!! We had to pay separate cart fees upon arrival, or WALK. I can promise they will lose money from everyone in our group (in the long run) because of these fees! Most of our group doesn't like playing here anyway because it's too difficult / frustrating of a course! Our phones perform the same functions as their cart computers. This would have been impressive 15-20 years ago but NOT NOW! Next we'll have to pay for parking or be forced to rent their golf clubs... what about a sand trap fee or set up a toll booth prior to the third tee box. SAD!

on my must play list in the tucson area

I finally got the chance to play dove mountain and it was everything I expected. Challenging but very playable.I had some trouble reading some of the greens but being to play on a course that pros played the WGC event on was fantastic. I will definitely will play it again.

JUST PLAY GOLF!!!!

Fees were paid in full on line. When I went to check in they told me I needed to pay an additional $5.40 for cart fee?? I showed them an email stating that I paid in full on line. They told me this was something new??

The girl at the counter didn' t explain the reason for the fee very well and she then waived the fee. However, when I made the turn, the starter told me I needed to go back inside after the round to pay this $5.40 fee. He explained that it was a new feature (THE SHARK EXPERIENCE - sponsored by Greg Norman & Verizon) on the GPS system where you could stream music , etc....I told him that I wasn't interested and that the system was not functional anyway. This feature should be an option for those who want it, the rest of us just want to play golf!!!!

Great summer golf

One of the best golf courses during the summer great place to play

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019