Type Private/Resort
The Golf Club at Dove Mountain

Year Built 2009
Fairways Bermuda with Perennial rye overseed
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2009) Chet Williams (2009)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes - Forecaddies
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 114

Dove Mtn

Golf course & greens in excellent condition for the heat conditions. Best course played behind WeKoPa (Saguaro) & Grayhawk (Talon). Pro shop staff very personable & engagingl. Definitely on my return to play list!!

Desert course Played from the Copper tees

Good tough course. Considering the heat and actual air temp, course was in great shape. Yes, there were a couple of areas that had been burnt up by the sun, but minimal. Did not affect the play. Shot an 87.

Greens in really bad shape

Was really looking forward to playing Dove Mountain this trip to Tucson but sadly most greens were in really bad shape. Paid twice as much as other resort courses were selling for so kicking myself in the butt for that. Just letting everyone know to stay away the rest of the summer and hope they can recover the greens this winter. Wish they would half given my money back. Won’t be returning to this course.

Losing the greens

Multiple greens have areas roped off for ground under repair with significant loss of turf. Rough very sparse. I know it is summer in AZ but worst condition course in Tucson I have played. And much higher price to play for the poor conditions.

Marshall Needed

Great course ruined by slow play! I took a foursome down to play a challenging course but waiting constantly after 2 holes was not fun. The bev cart said they had a group of 28 ahead of us which is fine but maybe a Marshall would have helped their pace of play. Maybe turn off your cart gps from telling me to keep up with the group in front of me which I have been doing for 4+ hours all ready.

However, the course was everything I wanted but I just don’t think it should take 5 hours to play 18. It was just disappointing to fly over 2 hours and then drive 90 minutes to play a 5 hour round. I hope this only happens in their off season.

Fun course if you play the right tees

Course is in better than average shape for the area. Greens are bent grass and some of the best in Tucson. Free range balls, good practice area.Oh and the carts are the most comfortable I have had the pleasure to ride in. I rate this as a must play while the rates are down.

Must play if in Tucson

From the time I was met at the bag drop till the time I left, top notch service. Checked in early and took full use of the practice areas till tee time. The outside staff sent groups off staggered enough that unless a problem occurred, we would not be bothered with pace of play. Carts were provided water for the hot temps to follow. GPS was helpful for us first timers for direction, raised greens and elevation changes, not so much, lol. All trouble was in front of you with no gimmicks or tricks. Beverage cart was around often. Play slowed as we caught groups slowing in the heat but they waved us through so no problems. Will play again when I’m in town.

Awesome

The course was in great shape and played in 3 hours. Looking to book another time soon!!!

disappointed

Played the Tort and burro today and the layout is excellent Truly a good test of golf. However, the course is not in good condition, and to say it has been a rough season in the Tucson area may be true, but i played another course minutes away, in a residential community that was in much better condition. Upon arrival, there was no one at the front desk, then when he came out from the back, there was no one to get my clubs from the bag drop, there was no ranger on the course, Understandable I suppose, although the community had one yesterday. So as a single. when i caught the 3 some ahead of me with 4 holes to play, i waited and waited. It was 110 today, cmon! But mostly if there is no cart person out there, didn't see one all day, shouldn't you let the players know that before heading out? When playing a course of this stature, I would think that the facility would have higher standards.

u000002059244
Commented On 07/30/2019

I agree.

Match Play competition rolls around in Your head for a few fun and challenging holes....

Former Televised Match Play competition rolls around in Your head for a these fun and very challenging holes....” Majestic”... ”A Sanctuary”.... “Magical”.... “Peaceful”....The Layout with (3) separate and unique designs winds You in and out of the amazing canyons-emerging with terrific desert terrain and stepping on the Tees gives You an excellent feeling of a wonderful golf escape. You can enjoy visualizing your shot shapes with which to carve Your “Ahhhh Moments”. Or not. Because shots off line or no joke. Greens were perfect. Fairways were solid. Ben in the Pro Shop and the entire Staff with their cheerful friendly professional attitudes will take great of You...! So Go Golf!

Love this place

High class all the way around. Great target golf. Challenging at every hole makes you really think about your strategy and club choice and I like that in a course.

Tucson is really hot this time of year and the heat really gets to you at the core but we still hit the course because we have the fever!

Just go. Expensive day when you golf and eat but worth every penny

OVERRATED

Course was in ok shape. Quite a few brown patches in the fairways, for a high end course. Bunkers were good and plenty of them! Got off about 9:15 took over 4 hours and 15 minutes because of no ranger, got behind a foursome who were slower than you could imagine. Mind you it was 95 to 105 degrees and absolutely no water on the course, make sure you take your own or stock up at the starters area. Didn't see the beverage cart until the 9th tee box and then again on the 17th fairway. Had to yell at her or she would have driven right past us! We were reminded by the cart lady, make sure you get your free water when you make the turn, had to drive back to the starter area to get the water because the halfway house was closed. The starter must have looked at his watch and realized we were really behind, drove out to us on the 10th fairway and asked why?? Came back and told us the group in front will let us play through, gee thanks! Where were you about 5 holes ago?? Finally got done and went in to the clubhouse for a beer, 1 -12oz Bud Light bottle and a 16oz Stella "Draft" $15.13 seriously! I guess if you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth you wouldn't think twice but that's just outrageous. The one good point, they didn't charge us the $5 for the "Shark Experience". The Bluetooth was nice but the GPS was not accurate at all. The GPS was giving us the yardage to flags that weren't even close to where the actual flags were, take your rangefinder. You're paying for name, " Ritz".

No customer service when you try and buy something

Poor customer service. Wanted to but a golf glove and my standing at the counter was met with silence and no acknowledgment of my presence.

Dove Mountain In Summer

Dove Moutain is the finest course in the Tucson area. To play it for the current Golf Now rate is an unbelievable value. The Jack Nicklaus layout is challenging for any level of aptitude because each tee box presents a different collection of challenges, you can't ask for more.

4.688 stars

Very challenging. The cart fee / cart is annoying. The cart has computerized features that probably slow down the speed of play. When so many courses push us to keep pace it’s surprising when something like this is introduced that slows play. We all have cell phones but next they might install phones on the carts just to add an additional fee to your round. Next time I’m bringing my own cart!

golf great, cart a ripoff

The course was great and I enjoyed the round on a beautiful day in the mountains of Tucson. However, in order to play, the course required that we pay ten dollars extra (two golfer) for some ridiculous gimmick called the "shark experience." The shark experience was a cart with a gps that every other course includes as a matter of course. It got worse. The system functioned less than twenty per cent of the round. The golf itself was great. However, the cheap trick ripoff spoiled much of the good feeling I otherwise had.

Amazing Golf experience

The course and staff were on point. The course was tough but fair and the greens were undulating and challenging. You would need to play it a few times to figure out where to place your shots. I will definitely play again.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.