Aerial view from Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

Great value at a great price

The condition of the course was terrific and we all felt like we got our money’s worth. The greens could have been in better shape as there were some spots that needed to grow in a bit more. Tee boxes and fairways were first class as I felt like I had good lies all day. The only complaint I have was there was no communication as to course rules. It evidently was cart path only but didn’t hear that from anyone on the way to the first tee. Consequently, we had what seemed to be a member motioning to us to get off the fairway. Would have rather found out another way! Overall, I give our experience five stars and would love to be back again.

Jem in Hardeesville, SC

We had just spent the week golfing in Hilton Head, so we decided to check out this course on the way back up to NC. They had an amazing deal on GolfNow and we were pretty pleased with the reviews we saw.

Positives: Beautiful and well-maintaned course, no real rough to speak of, wide fairways, on-site restaurant with plenty of options

Negatives: Different rates for locals, tee time changed from what was booked to have 7 people teeing off at about the same time, slow rate of play, unfriendly staff (Not course-related: Confusing signage to get into the course. Shows arrow to continue straight, but takes you to a dead-end road.)

While we did enjoy playing the course, there was simply too much waiting around to hit. With the number personal golf carts we saw on the course, it seems locals have priority and can bump other players that already had tee times.

Great Shape

Course in great shape. Bunkers in rough shape but playable for the most part. Just don’t hit it in them. 12:30 tee time 4th of July and 3 of us done in 3hrs 10min. Maybe give locals bit more of break on green fees.

Hidden Gem

Fun course to play. Multiple tee boxes so you can play to your level. Course is in the best shape I've ever seen it. A little further from the Island but worth the trip in my opinion.

Great condition

Nothing bad to say here. One group insisted on jumping one hole ahead of us on #4 while we waited for the group in front of us to clear the green. Then they jumped off the fairway on #7 to go who knows where. Glad they did or we would have had words.

The course is in great condition. Rain fell heavy the day before but no issues when we played. Traps could have been raked but you could play from them. The greens rolled nice and were fast. Course was as good as I’ve ever played. Concessions were accessed from outside only but the clubhouse was open. Must play.

Awesome round! Beautiful course! I can't wait to get back out and do it again.

Great shape

Course I’m great shape. Greens rolled at a good speed and true. Fairways in great shape..

Nice outing

A nicely maintained wide open course. Green were in good shape. Everyone was friendly. An enjoyable day.

Hardeeville Lakes

Great place for a 5 hour round. Be ready for lots of conversation and to take in the beautiful wildlife. Not worth $50 considering all the other available options in the Bluffton area. Also, this is NOT Hilton Head. Tourist beware!

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi James. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice golf course

First time playing this particular course during a stay on the Island. Long drive from south end of Hilton Head, but worth the trip. Wide fairways, short rough and reasonable green complexes. A good layout for high handicappers, but OK for accomplished golfers as well. Course can stretch out in length for longer hitters. No real forced carries and most of the water is just a visual, not really in play unless you really spray the ball around.

We will be back.

My sons and sons-in-laws come with me to Hilton Head Island regularly for golf and we enjoyed this course as much as any we have played here. Big fare ways. Good greens, good layout, great pace of play, friendly staff, great food a really fun round. The course plays long but leaves you room to work. Very good practice area and the course was in beautiful condition.

HHL - Great Day!

Played on 6/3/20 for the first time ever. What a pleasant surprise! This course is HUGE and is a great, tough track from the Blue Tees (6600ish yds). Bring the lumber as you will be hitting Driver and your long game will be getting a workout. I loved the layout and routing of the course and the conditions were great. Fairways were firm and fast, the greens were large and receptive, and the staff was very very friendly. The greens rolled great - some of the best ones we’ve played. Our foursome played in 3:40 and barely saw anyone on the course.

Only knocks on HHL: #1 - it’s a very long drive out there from HHI. #2 - please water your tee boxes as they are super hard right now.

Was unable to play because of medical reasons. Recieived no help from course or Golf Now. Would like to be able to return there to play when available.

Great course!

Hilton Head Lakes is a wonderful facility. The golf course is in good shape, except for a few soggy spots. The greens are consistent. Counter, cart barn, and on-course beverage personnel are all friendly. The course plays a little long, but the fairways are generous. Be sure to watch for sleeping alligators!

Hardeeville, South Carolina