The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

Hilton Head Lakes

Greens were in great shape even though it has been wet lately. Fare ways are wide open and bunkers are strategically placed to make the course challenging enough to be fun. The only thing you will need to check for before you play are the cart path only holes. Some of the cart paths on the back nine are half a mile (exaggeration) from the fare way. If you are playing with someone with physical limitations this will slow your game down dramatically. After the tee shot on par 5’s I would have to pull out my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th club out and carry with me so I wasn’t having to hoof it back and forth to the cart. A little inconvenient, but the quality of the course for the amount of money makes up for it.

The Marshall is on you as well so don’t grab food at the turn, or they will give you a good tongue lashing. Even if it is not crowded.

Great course just make sure to play when it’s dry and check for cart path only requirement before you book!!

Cart path only

Did not know until arrived, play was cart path only. So far as I know, other courses were not cart only. This course seems to not wick water well...last rain Sat and we played Wed. Since I prepaid, my understanding was no refund. So my group of mid 70 to late age persons struggled Thru. I expect this course is often cart path only. Do not prepay, and then check before getting a Ttime.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hello, Rcsummers. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation and redeeming your rewards. It sounds as though you booked your round with us through GolfNow. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow rewards or GolfNow reservations in the future, please contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

disappointed

Cart path only made this round very, very unpleasant. Very wet, cold outside. Extremely long rides between holes makes this course a real challenge should you wish to walk it. I won't play it again at any price. If I had known in advance that it was cart path only, I would have not played it and gladly forgot about the price I payed thru 'golf now".

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to see you again soon.

Good price

This is a great course that usually has great conditions. Over the past couple years the prices have gone up more than I’m willing to pay. Finding hot deals through Golfnow is the best way to go if you wanna play here. If you go through the pro shop it’s gonna cost you $45+. IMO you can play better courses for that rate.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hi Dukjae5270694. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Horrible pace!

It took me 4 hrs just get to 12th hole and there were bunch of old 4 sums every holes ahead of us on weekday play. We just quit there and left. You probably need 5+ hours even on weekdays.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to see you again soon.

Wet

Was cart path only due to recent rains but greens rolled really well as always. Four hrs 15 min round which wasn’t bad considering Carr path only

Rambling Golfer's Review

Beautiful day. Course generally uncrowded. Greens ran fast and true. Pleasant staff. Got a "Hot Deal"on Golf Now that made for a good deal.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

An even better value now

First time in 3 years we played here and the upgrades were obvious. The nines have been reversed, the drainage improved markedly, new clubhouse is very nice, staff is very engaging and helpful. Signage to reach clubhouse needs correction, but everything was very good. It’s an open course, helping us high handicaps and infrequent golfers.

Wet and long.

The course was in good shape. However, it was extremely wet. There were fairways that were cart path only. But in fairness, all the fairways were as wet as the ones we had to stay off. For us, the course played very long, and was not very woman friendly. The marshal was kind of a crouch.

Plays Twice a year

Loved the course. Ladies it’s friendly. We beat the guys . Greens fast

Greens were smooth and true rolling probably 10.5.
Generous fairways in perfect condition. Would definitely come back and play...........

Pin placement

Pin placement posted was not correct. The greens were very fast. Probably around 12 or 13

Hardeeville, South Carolina
Hardeeville, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Okatie, South Carolina

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.