Aerial view from Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes is a Tom Fazio design that is challenging, but with five sets of tees it is versatile enough for players of all skill levels. Fazio deftly utilized the native wetlands and numerous lakes that are interspersed across the landscape, incorporating them along the expansive fairways and angled greens. The tricky greens have been carefully molded and contoured to offer a variety of pin placements. In addition to the water hazards, there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout. The golf course will test your shot-making skills as well as your creativity. To complement the golf course, Hilton Head Lakes offers an equally impressive 36-acre, double-ended practice facility with target greens, bunkers, multiple practice greens, and even a par-3 short course.

The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes

Year Built 2007
Architect Tommy Fazio

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

19th Hole Specials 6
Plays Long 42

We will be back.

My sons and sons-in-laws come with me to Hilton Head Island regularly for golf and we enjoyed this course as much as any we have played here. Big fare ways. Good greens, good layout, great pace of play, friendly staff, great food a really fun round. The course plays long but leaves you room to work. Very good practice area and the course was in beautiful condition.

HHL - Great Day!

Played on 6/3/20 for the first time ever. What a pleasant surprise! This course is HUGE and is a great, tough track from the Blue Tees (6600ish yds). Bring the lumber as you will be hitting Driver and your long game will be getting a workout. I loved the layout and routing of the course and the conditions were great. Fairways were firm and fast, the greens were large and receptive, and the staff was very very friendly. The greens rolled great - some of the best ones we’ve played. Our foursome played in 3:40 and barely saw anyone on the course.

Only knocks on HHL: #1 - it’s a very long drive out there from HHI. #2 - please water your tee boxes as they are super hard right now.

Was unable to play because of medical reasons. Recieived no help from course or Golf Now. Would like to be able to return there to play when available.

Great course!

Hilton Head Lakes is a wonderful facility. The golf course is in good shape, except for a few soggy spots. The greens are consistent. Counter, cart barn, and on-course beverage personnel are all friendly. The course plays a little long, but the fairways are generous. Be sure to watch for sleeping alligators!

Nice Course, greens were rough

First time here and will go back. Greens were rough, looks like they were punched recently and still need to grow in. Good layout overall with friendly staff and best food / drink selection we have seen the past few weeks.

great course, nice pace on the front nine

as a 3 some we played slow on the back because we were behind a "6" SIX some, you got to be kidding me

Commented on 04/06/2020

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us 3 stars! Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round due to the 6-golfer group that played ahead of you. Please be assured that this is by no means within the guidelines of the club. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team to make sure this will not occur again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop to rectify the situation. As always, we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes. We hope to hear from you soon.

One of the best courses in the area including Hilton Head Island.

Great Day with my Daughter

Booked a 10:00 am twosome and course wasn't busy, so got to play by ourselves which was nice for my daughter. No pressure and only got held up on about a dozen holes for 5-10 minutes each. Would have finished in 2 hours, but took 3. Broke 40 on the front, for the best 9 I've had in 2-3 years. Will definitely go back.

Great Southern Course

This is a very hard, flat course. Beautiful design & layout but the greens need a little TLC.

Average course

Problem was that course supervisor for over a week made it a cart path only? You could have easily pulled the ban today. No one told us it was cart path only.Im 63 and have bad hips. My wife has a bad knee.The older couple behind us were very upset too. I called golfnow to see if they could help but had a 2 hour wait to talk to them. Very sad when you travel a day to get down here and

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes another try in the near future.

This was a nice course but very muddy due to recent heavy rains. Lots of alligators which was fun to see......always felt safe.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Cart path only

As a single, I was waiting on every shot but that is to be expected when it is cart path only. Considering, 4 and 1/2 hours is not bad. Actually the course was in good shape for this time of the year, except for 10 - 15-foot edge along the cart paths, very wet and it was obvious why it was cart path only. Tee boxes and greens were in good shape.

Swamp

I understand sometimes after a rain it's cart path only, but this course should of been closed. Yes it rained yesterday, but every fairway was a swamp along with the tee boxes. Your ball stopped if not plugged on every shot. I had to move my ball to the rough on every 2nd ad 3rd shot to get out of the water/swamp. After four holes I had enough, I wasn't going to ruin my shoes and golf pants for this course. Mangement needs to wake up or they are hurting for the dollar.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hi u000002356994. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes.

Commented on 03/05/2020