View from a tee at Whitestone Golf Course.

Whitestone Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bermuda 419 Grass
Greens Tif Eagle Grass
Architect Jeff Brauer (2000) Jay Morrish (2000)

Dress code Collared shirts or mock shirts required. T-shirts, cut-offs, swimwear and tank tops are not acceptable.

Great course - Needs a marshal

Played Whitestone for the first time. Really enjoyed the course and the conditions were good. Greens were filling in but mostly rolled true and with moderate speed. We played from hole 3 to 18, however, behind 3 two-somes and 2 four-somes. We saw what looked like a marshal coming out and watching us several times, but they never moved the foursomes (who didn't appear to be very competent golfers) and we trudged along. After #2, we never played to shots in a row without a wait of around 2-5 minutes each time. A two-some in front of us quit at #14, but that didn't really help out the pace any.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Whitestone Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Whitestone Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Whitestone Golf Course.

Good course

The greens were aerated about two weeks prior to playing. Still bumpy but recovering. Friendly staff and marshals. Course is better than I have seen it in a long time.

greens

the grees are 2 to 3 weeks behind the other courses that l have played at this year.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fast, Fun, & Challenging... the way golf should be

You think MaxGolfer has a rough day on the course? If you’re spraying them, Whitestone does present a challenge. While some holes are forgiving, there are many where your precision will gain you some strokes on your playing partners whose accuracy is lacking.

Look, the course has always had an incredible layout but the new ownership and staff has taken Whitestone to another level. Who knew clearing some brush and trimming trees would make such a difference? It has such a Hill Country Golf feel to it. It’s an incredibly scenic course where often times you feel like you are the only group on the course.

Offers many tee boxes for all skill levels but day we played blues (make sure you pay attention to distance of the creeks)
You’ll definitely be hitting just about every club in your bag.

Course was in great shape and while the greens were punched recently, we knew that going in. They’ll be great in no time.

Highlights:
Many Risk/Reward Holes
Hole 11 is a Picturesque Par 3 (Pay attention to the wind)
3hr 20min round on a busy morning
Great scoring opportunities

Bottom line is, for the price point, you won’t find a better track. Get out and enjoy a beautiful day on a breathtaking course. And yes, you can clear the creek on 9.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Whitestone Golf Course.

Fun, fast, challenging - the way golf should be

You think MaxGolfer had a rough day? This course will do it to you if you’re spraying them. While some holes are forgiving, many require precision that allow you to gain some strokes on your playing partners if they are lacking in accuracy.

This course has always been a favorite of mine because of the layout. The way the course is set up is so enjoyable, most holes allow you to feel secluded from other groups. The work that the new ownership and staff has put in has been astonishing. Something as simple as clearing out brush and cleaning trees up has put this course on another level. Not to mention the work on the bunkers.

Many tee boxes allow any game to be challenged or you can move up and have a relaxing enjoyable day with your buddies. We played the blues today and I must tell you, pay attention to the distance of the creeks.

Course was in good shape but yes, the greens are recovering from being punched. We were already aware of this. They’ll be perfect soon enough I’m sure.

To try and wrap this up....
You won’t find a better track at this price point.
Our round was around 3hrs 20min on a busy morning.
Staff was great and seem like a fun group who love the game.
Good shots are rewarded, bad shots usually punished.
Great scoring opportunities.
Par 5s like no other course.
11 is a picturesque par 3 (what’s the wind doing)
You like Risk/Reward golf?

Get out and enjoy a beautiful day at the Stone.

Awesome Course

This course is in great shape. MaxxGolfer probably sucks at golf and blames every bad shot on the course or the wind or the birds chirping in his backswing. Ignore that review. This course is the best.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitestone Golf Course!

Greens had recently been aerated, were pretty rough.
Tee boxes had very little grass, mostly dirt.
Fairways looked ok but there was very little turf, just some green grass on dirt or mud.
Course had many areas of creeks and ravines all most holes where balls could easily get into deep weeds and could not be found.
I quit after playing 7 holes and went home.

tough to evaluate

Wind was howling and fairways still growing...Greens bumpy but will round into shape, but fair. Traps shot...Would like to replay when conditions are a bit better and wind is reasonable... Price is right,

A Little Birdie

I’ve heard lots of good things about this course when spring time come around and personally it didn’t live up to the hype. The tee boxes weren’t in great shape, but they were fine! The fairways were bare in several spots. I don’t have much knowledge on how to treat a golf course, but I don’t think they overseeded and I believe they cut the fairways to short and they’re suffocating the grass from growing well. The greens had just been punched recently, but honestly they’ll be in great shape in a couple weeks! They looked phenomenal. Whitestone is a decent course to play with friends and family, but personally not my favorite. I will continue playing here as long as friends invite me though. I do enjoy the quiet out there!

Do Not Waste Your Time

Played on Saturday, 4/25/2020...had to book online; the greens had been punched and sanded...they sucked! The overall condition of the course was poor. Since we had to book online, I would have appreciated it if the golf course management place a NOTICE ONLINE of their punched and sanded greens. Driving range was not open; practice green was worse than the other greens. Just an absolute crappy day...one that could have been better if we knew the greens sucked. Now, we can't trust the course so we will not be back for this golf season. Too many other nice places to play to worry about sub-standard conditions. Adios

Great course and great staff

MaxGolfer the driving ranges are closed at all golf courses because they do not have enough personnel in order to manage that everyone is practicing social distancing while out there. Plus the practice greens are punched along with the greens on the course so you know what to expect when you get out there and play.
The greens will be back in great shape in a couple of weeks after being punched. There greens are some of the most challenging out there to play, that’s why I love playing out there. This course has an awesome layout along with a great staff that has made some great improvements to the course. Such as clearing out trees and adding bunkers to make things more scenic and tougher. These guys will always have my business. For guys like MaxGolfer maybe you need to up your game before criticizing the course for your play, or try Putt Putt!

Fair Conditions

Greens were aerated and sanded. Greens very slow, had not been mowed. Pace of play was terribly slow.
This was my 2nd time to play this course - 1st time was about 2 wks ago and the conditions were great and the pace of play was good. I like the layout very much - I will be going back when the conditions are improved.

Commented on 04/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great shape

Whitestone was in surprisingly good shape and was a very welcome port in this pandemic storm. I’ll be playing it often this year.

Commented on 04/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Whitestone Golf Course.

Condition

Considering the covid pandemic the course is very well maintained. Presently aerated.

Commented on 04/29/2020

Course is in great shape!! Still offer cart, single rider only. Greens soft and true. Playing again soon!

Commented on 04/29/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Whitestone Golf Course.

Second Time Out

My first disclaimer is the condition of the greens. The had been punched and top-dressed very recently. Ye than made the greens super slow and bumpy. But, its part of the game and must be done. I had been here two weeks prior and the greens were great. The to main things that I like about this course are first, the natural beauty integrated with the layout. Several holes remind me of the Texas Hill Country. Second, there is a nice mix up of tough and easy holes. It is nice to have birdie chances when playing the back tees. The staff is always great, especially the F&B. Wind can be a factor as the trees don't protect you much. But overall I love this course and can't wait to come back.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020