Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort

Year Built 1981
Architect Bill Johnston (1981) Tripp Davis (2015)

Catering

Conference Facilities, Jacuzzi

Available Activities

Swimming, Riding, Cycling, Hiking, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Group Getaways 37

Course was okay but showed signs of the heat we are having. Pace of play was great until the 15th hole.

Entrance, bag drop and parking are still too congested that affects their overall score.

Beautiful end to a rainy start

Tapatio was in great shape compared to last year. Greens were in good shape and the fairways were green and lush. All the lakes had water which adds a different look and feel to the course.

Great course, worth the drive

Quintessential Texas Hill Country golf outing. Friendly staff, great conditions, fun and challenging. Would play this every week if I lived a little closer, highly recommend

A great day!

What a way to spend the day....a beautiful course in the Texas Hill Country! Everything was great...and now having a great filet at the club!

Terrific Staff

The staff in the Pro Shop were outstanding, perhaps the most helpful and friendly i have dealt with so far. I would go back just for that reason alone.

Excellent course.

The course is well kept. Challenging holes and well placed bunker... will definitely come back.

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi, Csoeung. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Tapatio Rave Review

The golf course was good, nice layout in decent condition, however the staff was AMAZING and very FRIENDLY and the members were equally FANTASTIC!!!!!!
As an out of town guest I called and asked to be paired up with someone rather than play alone. They convinced me to come join one of thier group of regulars, encouraging me that they were a very fun group and I would have a blast joining them. I was made so welcome and had a wonderful time and I guarantee if I ever return to this area I will call them up and do it all over again!!!
If I lived in this area I would be a member for sure!

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hi, Dlindz81. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Immaculate

1st time out here after the COVID-19 pandemic & I gotta say the course is in immaculate condition rn. Fairways are plush. Greens were a little slow but not too slow. Greens are catching real nice. Course Marshall very friendly. Pro shop is beautiful. Driving range is FINALLY on the grass & not on mats which is very refreshing. Complimentary range balls are great. GPS on carts. 10/10 recommend you get out here & play ASAP

Amazing Course

This course was absolutely worth it all. Great course, friendly staff & beautiful scenery.

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi, lemusfrank210. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great golf course

Have played this course several times and it is one of my favorites. Course is challenging for all levels,. Staff are friendly and the course is well maintained. New club house is beautiful.

Commented on 12/20/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us uXZXW8986XZ. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa thanks you!

Great day for Golf

We got right to the driving range and soon to the tee box. We hitting the right times and playing without any delay and the course is in great conditions. Took us about 4 hours to finished the round. There are plenty sand to fill divots. We really enjoyed this afternoon!

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi ttsao427. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa.

Tap tap tappy

Played Tap sunday. Its been a couple years since we were up there from san antonio. She is back. The pro shop is set to open in 2 weeks. Staff were all excited and super accommodating. Starter spent a few extra monents running us through the course with some nice caddy tips to help jog our minds on shot placement for multiple holes. The course was in great shape for the end of summer. Tee boxes and fairways were green and soft. All the greens ran true but were a bit slow which we were told was not the norm. Just as we remembered the layout is challenging but a fair test of your ability to makes shots and select the right club off the box.( only hit driver 6 times) overall a great day and a great couse. We are putting this one back in the rotation for sure.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, Timcockerham. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa!

Commented on 10/04/2019

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi, u7310429. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hi u326710518. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa.

Almost perfect

Played the tips. Great layout. Fair but challenging. Beautiful.

Only negative ......the $(/&:(?!/ golf carts. My park brake didn’t work and it’s hilly. Also, the cart would shut down for no reason and GPS would say return to path!!!! While on the path. Many times. Wouldn’t reset. Had to get out and push. SUX.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Sometimes No Change is Good

Hadn’t played Tapatio Springs golf course in s few years, mostly because the resort closed down their resort rooms due to the Clubhouse, restaurant, & bar burning down 2 years ago. The burned down clubhouse facility is almost finished being rebuilt & the resort rooms have been updated. The course itself is in great shape, & looks much like when I last played it. My only complaint is that someone at the course dropped the ball in neglecting to inform Golf Now that the greens had just been aireated & sanded, therefore, we didn’t know that when we purchased our spots. Wish all involved would do a better job of informing golfers of this before they

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa.

Great course.

Great environment and interesting layout. Very fun course. If you play decent it doesn’t penalize you like others. If you are a little off the tee and can shape shots you can still score well. Some of the holes we would have played differently if we knew what we know now. The management and maintenance of this course is amazing for this time of year. Only one green had a little scarring but all rolled great. It is just a fun course to play. My home course is very good but penalizes you when you slightly hiccup off the box. Great people and great time. We be back and may just join as a member.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Membership is a great option here, we would love to have you as one! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas