Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort & Spa

Tapatio Springs Resort
Member 72 5843 yards 69.8 134
Forward (W) 72 5185 yards 70.7 130
Scorecard for Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort
Black M: 72.1/133 487 391 130 345 377 384 197 428 376 3115 504 154 296 553 398 421 378 162 496 3362 6477
Gold M: 70.1/128 474 352 107 338 342 351 183 392 328 2867 494 144 265 529 371 407 364 155 481 3210 6077
Member M: 68.8/125 474 330 107 338 342 351 174 317 328 2761 494 129 265 529 332 367 321 155 481 3073 5834
White M: 67.8/124 W: 73.9/134 464 330 96 309 332 284 174 317 317 2623 476 129 246 519 332 367 321 148 444 2982 5605
Green M: 64.8/123 W: 69.5/123 410 248 77 288 264 252 155 254 289 2237 453 96 218 458 324 314 297 127 408 2695 4932

Year Built 1981
Architect Bill Johnston (1981) Tripp Davis (2014)

Group Getaways 37

Beautiful course, but don't play here after a rain - bring your own food

Unfortunately, it rained the day before we played here, so we were not allowed to play the back-9, but had to play the front-9 twice, which was very disappointing. So, I would recommend this course to a friend AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T RAIN THE DAY BEFORE my friend was scheduled to play. I myself won't be going back unless the forecast is for no rain 3 days in advance of my intended round and on the day of my intended round. If I had paid full-price for the round, I would have been really mad, but I bought my round on a golfnow.com "hot deal," so I was only "very disappointed."

The course is in a beautiful setting and well-maintained. The staff is very friendly, but the temporary food truck chef had stepped out to go get supplies, so I had to skip lunch.

Finally, instead of pairing-up singles and twosomes, the course apparently just starts golfers out whenever they want. But they paired our three-some up with a fourth, and then asked us to let two smaller groups behind us play-through! This made no sense to me. Why not hold the single a few minutes and let him play with one of the smaller groups behind us?

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 10/12/2018:
We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your round as much as expected due to the recent rain. We hope you join us for another round in the near future.
Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for the 4 stars! We hope you had a great time out on our golf course.

Exceptional Golf Course

We hadn’t played this course for three years and were surprised at it’s pristine condition. The greens are exceptional, fairways are full and lush and for sure, overall is a challenging course. The staff were friendly and accommodative making the experience even better. There is excellent driving range, putting green and chipping area for practice prior to the round. It certainly exceeded our expectations and we look forward to playing it again soon.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 10/08/2018:
We're glad you decided to come back after all this time! We look forward to seeing you out here more often.

Right now, after good rains the course is on top shape.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 09/28/2018:
We agree--the course is looking great! We hope you book your next tee time with us again soon.

I had not played this course in a while, and I was pleasantly surprised in the great condition it's in, the beautiful club house they had, burned down and they're rebuilding, so there is construction going on, which affects the parking spaces and a temporary pro shop and restaurant, but the course itself is in great shape, pace of play a little slow, but then again it was a sunny day after several days of rain so it's understandable. awesome staff!!!

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 09/28/2018:
We're glad you decided to come back to Tapatio! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we rebuild. Come play again soon!
Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and rating! We are glad you enjoyed your time at Tapatio. Be sure to book your next round with us soon!

Great layout fun course.

Green were a little slow because there were aeriated but the putts rolled good and held a line. Can’t wait until they are grown back in to come back and play again. It’s a hour and a half drive from my house but the course is definitely worth it. Friendly staff and the food truck makes a good sandwich we missed the actual cooking but saw some people eating before we hit tontee off and it looked great. Will be back out in about a month to see how the greens are doing. From the girl in the club house to the guys mowing and all staff everyone was super nice.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you found value in our golf course. We look forward to your next round with us!

Very nice golf venue

Tapatio has come a long way from the dry, sparse conditions of its existence in the 80’s. Not much about the course I can complain about. Great staff, nice driving range and pace of play is superb. The course is nestled in a valley-like setting surrounded by beautiful hills, homes and oaks.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 07/16/2018:
We are glad you enjoyed everything from the conditions to the course staff. Come play again soon!

Great staff

Every person working was extra nice and accommodating.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you recognized the quality of our course staff. We hope to see you out there again soon.
Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are glad you enjoyed your round with us.

Tapatio Springs

Fairways in great condition. While they are losing a few greens due to the heat, most were in good shape. We haven't played this course sine 2012 so our memory of the holes and the layout seemed different. The one issue we had was that it appeared that this was a cart only course. With the heat is the high 90's, back in forth between ball and cart became tedious.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/28/2018:
We are glad you made it back to the course after all these years! We hope you had a great round with us.

Must Play for Hill Country Residents

This was my first visit to Tapatio Springs. I grew up playing golf in the Houston area and had heard a lot about growing up in the game. Needless to say it was worth the drive and worth the wait. Golf course was in phenomenal shape, enjoyed the bunkering and the shots required to navigate the fairways and green complexes. The course yardage does not play long however many of the tee shots call for accuracy in order to have an opportunity to attack the flags. This is a must play for everyone within 60 miles of the facility. Grateful I made the drive and look forward to returning soon!

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/28/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are glad you had a great first-time experience of our golf course. We look forward to your next round with us!

Tough!

It was a really tough course, but a lot of fun! I play by my self, and I was able to finish under 2.5hrs. The speed may be because it was Monday. The course was in great shape. Everything about it was well maintained. My only issues are that it isn’t very close to home, and the deals are usually not for single players.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/28/2018:
We are glad you enjoyed the challenge and the pace of play! We hope you make the trip out to the course again soon.

Fun Golf Course

Tapztio Springs is off the beaten path but we really enjoy it. Great staff, pace of play generally good, and plenty of challenging holes. Very peaceful setting, too. I hesitate to recommend because I love being able to play 18 holes in 3 hours.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/27/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed everything from the course staff, the scenery, and even the pace of play. We hope to see you out there again soon!

Great time

The fairways and greens were in great shape. Pace of play was excellent.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/27/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are glad you enjoyed the pace of play. Come play again soon!

Girls vs. Guys

Great speed of play, no one pushing, no waiting. Course in great shape, greens fast. It was hot and windy so nice to have water stops along along the way. We'll be back to play in the fall.

We played a match with another couple--ladies against the men. Handicaps ranging from 15--28. Everyone plays golf 2-3 times per week. Consider ourselves adequate golfers. BTW, ladies won by 1.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/27/2018:
We look forward to your visit in the Fall, but we do hope you can make it back sooner! Thank you for choosing Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort for your match.

Great Experience

A little ways away but well worth drive. Great layout, good condition, friendly staff and not crowded. Definitely recommend.

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/13/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you found the course well worth the drive. We appreciate the recommendation, and hope to see you out there again soon!

Back to Tapatio Springs after 1.5 years

Been away from Tapatio Springs for some time and finally made it back after news of the club burning down. Course is under maintenance program but played very nice! Play was good until we came up on a group of 5, they didn't let us play through...thank god we were on the back 9 by then. Temporary club house was nice and well stocked and staff was very nice. We will be back soon!

Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 06/04/2018:
Thank you for your review. We are glad you made it back finally! We hope to see you out there more often this season.
Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 05/31/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you found value in t he course. Book your next round with us soon!
Response from Tapatio Springs Country Club & Resort on 05/24/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star rating! Book your next round with us soon.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019