2.2
2.6

Style Links
Scorecard for West Fork
Gold M: 73.1/135 387 432 533 394 200 422 408 177 555 3508 403 429 180 342 504 416 364 197 565 3400 6908
Blue M: 70.6/128 364 393 497 367 181 396 361 168 497 3224 362 389 165 308 476 383 336 178 546 3143 6367
White M: 67.4/116 W: 72.5/126 292 344 445 323 147 355 333 142 467 2848 327 341 130 263 434 342 300 151 514 2802 5650
Red W: 68.9/114 265 305 388 268 77 325 298 117 433 2476 275 319 98 230 392 312 259 127 474 2486 4962

Year Built 2004
Architect Rick Robbins (2004)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire. Blue jeans are not permitted.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #20)

Use the "2 putt rule"

Ok, I did not read the reviews before playing but yes overall the greens are bad, but the tees and the fairways are not far from being perfect, just a little foreign grass that looks like its been spot poisoned so a couple of weeks it will be great. Not all the greens are bad, ,the back nine seems better and I actually made two birdies on the greens that were good. Some greens are needing to be weeded for crow foot and crab grass while others need to be re-grass in spots. All in all if you play the 2 putt rule with you buddies you will enjoy your day on the course. the Staff is friendly and the pace was excellent for a Sunday. I will be back but it will be about a month. Good luck in getting the greens back to hopefully match the rest of the course.

Had to leave before finishing front nine

I’m not here to bash, gripe, or rebuke; but to bring notice. The greens are deplorable. Can’t get a read, can’t land soft, and can’t reuse a ball for a two putt because of the amount of stuff on the greens. I’m guessing the stuff is fertilizer, not real sure. I love playing here and the staff is top shelf but I also don’t want to waste money.

Commented On 06/04/2019

Thank you for your feedback. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Pastor,
We regret you did not see our course alerts online and posted at the club for the past month. The greens are transitioning from the damage from the severe floods/freezes in December 2018 and January 2019.. The grass has just recently begun to grow. All resources are scheduled in the coming month to address the recovery process. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will give us a visit when conditions improve..

Tough to see

This is a nice layout with a friendly staff at a good price, but the greens are just in very poor condition.

Commented On 06/06/2019

The greens suffered significant damage from two severe floods/freezes in December 2018 and January 2019. Recovery program is underway and should provide better conditions in the near future.

Commented On 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you didn't have a positive experience with us. We hope to improve in the future, so hopefully your next experience is 5 stars.

Dgolfnut

The course layout was nice and the staff very friendly however the greens were in terrible condition and mostly dead

Commented On 05/23/2019

We're glad you enjoy the layout as well as the course staff. We will keep your feedback in mind.

Commented On 05/19/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars! We hope you'll book another round with us soon.

Commented On 05/19/2019

Thanks for the 5-star rating!

Disappointing Greens

I’ve been here before where the greens were much better than today. It’s like playing “Plinko” on The Price Is Right. I believe that I would have 5 putts in the cup if the greens were halfway decent. Not sure if it was lack of maintenance or just time of the season.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Present condition of the greens resulted from 2 severe floods/freezes in December 2018 & January 2019. Recovery programs have begun now that the grass is growing, Thank you for sharing your thoughts,.

Commented On 05/23/2019

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

West Fork Greens

I played here a few years ago when I first started playing the game. Today's round was good with a 88, could have been better if it wasn't for the "Plinko" style greens. I'm sorry to say but, the greens were horrible. Not one was even decent enough to have the ball roll straight to the cup. Now, I don't know if it's lack of maintenance or just the time of the year in South East Texas. At least five putts were misdirected due to the "Plinko" effect on the greens. I hope that they take care of the course ASAP.

Ricardo6474202
Commented On 05/06/2019

After reading managements review of the greens conditions sustained by floods. I would like to say thank you for the clarification and hope that there is better weather ahead and would like to visit again when the greens are great again.

Commented On 05/03/2019

Ricardo,
The greens sustained damage during 2 severe floods in December 2018/January 2019.
The beginning of the growing season is expected to provide improvement along with an aggressive recovery program. Hope you'll give us a mulligan this summer.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, u8549447. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

west fork

Greens was like putting on dirt. fairways weren't much better.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Reginald,
The course received some damage during the severe flooding from the San Jacinto River during December 2018 & January 2019. We are optimistic the upcoming growing season will remedy the conditions. Hope you will give us a visit then. Thank you for your comments..

Greens horrible

The greens and fairways are horrible I will wait a while before playing there agian

Commented On 04/24/2019

Thank you for your input. The course received some damage from the severe flooding from the San Jacinto River during December 2018 & January 2019. We expect recovery to begin soon during the growing season. Hope you will try another visit this summer. i.

Terrible greens

Course layout is fine, but the greens were in terrible shape. They are some of the worst I have played on. There should be some mention of these conditions when booking tee times. Most of the greens At least try to find a 10 foot area with some level grass to place a pin.

Commented On 04/22/2019

We regret the greens have suffered. The severe flooding and freezes during December 2018/January 2019 were damaging. There is a posting at the club to that effect. We anticipate recovery to begin soon. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Terrible conditions right now

Always love the layout here but the course conditions are absolutely terrible right now. Greens are just dirt with no grass. Fairways are hard and packed.

Not too bad

Enjoyed the layout. The aesthetics and surroundings were nice. Staff was very friendly. The lies as far as grass on the course were pretty good. The greens rolled pretty good. Made four birdies. Haven’t done that in a while. Only problem is that that must have overwatered the free earlier in the year because there seemed to be a lot of mold or fungus on the greens. Overall I enjoyed the course. I will play it again.

79ZycTlY806oMV7q038E
Commented On 04/17/2019

Unfortunately we played this course today. It was absolutely horrible! The greens had mold,fungus and weeds. I wouldn't play that course again for free! What a joke. Attendant told us that 20 members this month have cancelled their memberships...I can see why! I wish I could upload a picture because my complaints don't do them justice. We've golfed there for year's but I assure you this was our last time! What an embarrassment to the golf community. The superintendent,GM and grounds crew should all be fired! I'm guessing Panorama will take what golfers(if any) are left. My guess is this course will be closed by the end of the summer.

Not ready for play

Greens in really bad shape, no grass
Fairways vert thin.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Extensive flooding by the San Jacinto River early in the year coupled with freezes and excessive rain while the bermuda grass was dormant has been damaging. Recovery efforts are in the pipeline. Thank you for sharing your comments. Better days are ahead..

Terrible experience

The course is in awful shape. There is literally no grass on at least 10 of the greens. Marshall came around once, drove ACROSS a green to tell me to keep my cart away from the greens (my gps watch had me at 70+ yards from the front of the green) and did nothing the rest of the day to improve pace on an obviously backed up course. Rude, classless staff from top to bottom. Complete waste of time and money. In this area, Panorama is 10x better for the same price

Commented On 04/22/2019

Please contact the General manager at (936) 441-6193.
He wishes to personally hear about your experience..

Nice layout, bad greens

It had been just under a year that I last played this course and I was looking forward to my round. Tee to green, the course is great. Fairways are nice and wide and the layout is terrific. But once you get to the greens, it goes downhill. All the greens on the front nine were in terrible shape. Very little grass. Mostly dirt. When I went to repair my chip mark, the dirt just crumbled away! The back nine had 3 greens that looked very good. The rest were like the front 9. If they get the greens in decent shape this would be an easy 4 star course.

Commented On 03/30/2019

Edward, Thank you for your comments, The course sustained 2 severe floods from the San Jacinto River in Deecember and January Holes #1-15 were most affected. The damage to the turf was significant.We anticipate a strong recovery once the growing season begins. We hope to see you then..

Commented On 03/28/2019

We appreciate your comments and observations of our golf course. We're happy you made it out to the golf course after all this time and had an overall pleasant round despite not enjoying the greens as much as expected. We will work on this and hope you'll give us another shot.

In Bad Shape

West Fork used to be my favorite course. I could walk you through all 18 holes from memory.
Recently, the course has detoriorated to an unplayable condition. Most “greens” have no grass and are spray-painted green to look better. Fairways are concrete. Sand Traps are typically clay or mud.
After this most recent round, my brothers and I decided West Fork is officially off our list of courses in the area. Sad to see it like this. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Thank you for your comments. The several floods from The San Jacinto River in December/January were harmful. The course is targeting recovery efforts as the growing season arrives soon. Surprised at commentary regarding bunkers as all were rebulit post Hurricane Harvey. A few have been eliminated and are awaiting sod.

Rough right now

This was our first time out in a while and the course reflected the difficult weather we’ve had. The greens were bare. We did a 2 putt max because the greens were so rough.
Love the layout of this course. The fairways were nice and hard finally after lots of rain.

Commented On 03/28/2019

We're glad you made it out to the golf course after the recent rain. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you out on the golf course again soon.

Not good

Course still recovering from all the rain we have had the last 6 minths. Greens had no grass on them or very little. I would recommend once the greens are fixed

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package