Waterchase Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Steve Plummer (2000)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse

Outstanding track!

First time playing at Waterchase and I was very pleased with the round. The course drains well especially after last nights heavy downpour. Greens were absolutely perfect, and the difficulty of each hole is perfect for any handicap. I love the idea of shooting left or right on a couple of the holes and finding yourself with a great approach shot still. I can’t wait to return after the course is dry and off cart path. Played in a threesome cart path only and still finished in 3.5 hrs. Will be back!

Great design and lots of character. Hit every club in the bag.

in Good condition

Super windy today.
Course in good shape. Greens and fairways are in good shape.
Effect of Covid19 - not enough cart for everybody. Some had to walk or pair up.
Bunker are in good shape: no rake but looks like somebody raked it.

Great course!! Lots of challenging holes. LONGGG

Overall great course condition, bunkers, and greens. My only complaint is the end of the fairy on par5 #3. Hard pan with little to no grass making a short wedge approach nearly impossible to take out divot....turrrible.

Texas Advisor

Great shape right now

Waterchase is in great shape right now. Fairways are firm and fast, greens are quick and true, and even the bunkers were very playable. The course is always a challenge with many different types of holes. Staff was especially friendly today as they tracked down a cart for me when I showed up at 3:43 for a 3:45 tee time (Bad traffic). I like this course, and it is in the best shape of the C-19 courses I have played the last six weeks.

Good Choice

Just move to the Fort Worth area and this was my first outing. Greens were ok and had a consistent roll and fairways were in good shape. I was met with a very friendly staff inside and out.. Overall good round and perfect weather.

Long and challenging

First time playing the course and all I can say is I can’t wait to go back and play again. This course kicked my butt, so I’m looking forward to trying to improve my scores here at Waterchase. You’re definitely rewarded for hitting fairways and big misses will often leave you with significantly sloped lies. Greens were running about an 11-12 so knowing the slope of the greens and staying below the hole is needed to score well. The course itself was in decent shape for the wintery months although many bunkers were in rough shape and erosion from the river that runs through the course has removed a tee box and a portion of some bunkering on different holes. Nevertheless, I found this course to be a solid challenge and would highly recommend playing this one often.

Beautiful course

I think Waterchase is the best golf value in the metroplex.

Fun

First time playing, as far as I can recall and it was a fun experience. Some challenging holes, which now haven played I'd likely do better. Lived the holes with two fairway choices. Great greens.

Surprised that there is still no real clubhouse. Also surprised there was no service cart.

Will be back!

Beautiful Course

I enjoyed my round of golf here. The course was beautiful, challenging, and in great condition. I played from the tips starting around 3 pm and finished my round in 3 hours.

Since it was my first time playing; a few holes (like 10 and 17) were a little tricky.

Nonetheless, I will definitely play this course again. If I lived closer; I would play it often.

Beautiful and challenging

The course was great. Showed up as a single and they paired me up with three other guys. 3:45 twilight rates and the place was hopping. It seemed like I was walking through a Wal Mart parking lot on Black Friday as I dodged cars zipping into the parking lot on my way to the golf shop. As I entered the golf shop there was about 10-15 people standing in line waiting to check in. My initial thought was the golf must be good! Golf shop is a double wide trailer which kinda threw me for a loop, however it was put together very well. The staff was very nice as they moved everyone through very quickly. The course was absolutely beautiful. Luckily the three guys they paired me up with were regulars and really guided me through the course. Lots of trees and some pretty descent elevation changes. No houses just a beautiful course carved out of the trees. Fairways were in great shape and the greens were even better. Maybe just a bit slow but very smooth and true. The pace of play was actually pretty good considering how crowded it was. Just about 4 hours. Had a blast and can’t wait to come back. Maybe early in the morning next time when everybody is at work.

Juniors Not Welcome

The course was in great condition! However, the staff soured our day immediately upon check-in. I had my 2 kids with me. I'm teaching my daughter to play, but my son is still too young, so he really just walks alongside and putts occasionally. When I told the gentleman in the pro shop to it would be my daughter and me walking, he said that my son wasn't really welcome on the course. I explained that they've been golfing with me many times and I always keep a close eye on both of them. He then charged me full price for my daughter. When I asked whether they had a junior rate, he said, "normally we do, but not in this situation." Even with 2 kids (i.e. short legs), we kept pace with the group in front of us, despite the fact that they had carta and we were walking. In fact, we often found ourselves waiting on the group in front of us. I found all of this unusual, especially when I checked Waterchase's website later that day. The website advertises a junior walking rate as well as six sets of tees to accommodate golfers of all skill levels. They clearly don't mean ALL skill levels, since they aren't interested in having juniors learning the game. I hope the staff has a change of heart toward juniors, because we really enjoyed the course.

Texas Advisor

Good times and tricky greens...

Some friends and I played Waterchase on my way out of DFW. It was my first time, but they play there somewhat regularly.

When you arrive, it's a pretty humble place. The proshop is a double wide. The course that awaits you is a good time and good challenge.

On this particular day, conditions were very nice. Fairways and tee boxes were in good shape, and the greens were smooth and lightning quick. The greens are probably the main defense of this course, they have some pretty intense undulations. On this time around, the grounds crew must've been in a foul mood because almost every pin was set right on a slope or just a few paces from the edge of the green. It was a huge challenge and led to quite a few 3 putts from our group.

Overall, the course is very enjoyable, with par 5s that are good tests of your game. The round isn't cheap, and that's probably my only knock on this course. The layout and conditions probably are nearly inline with the price, but the other amenities are not (clubhouse, practice area, didn't see any beverage carts, etc). I actually don't care about that stuff very much, so I think this place is worth a visit, but if those are things that drive value for you they are worth considering before you book.

Excellent Course

Excellent course and friendly staff. Pouring rain the entire day before and course was still in excellent condition the following morning.

Great Experience

I can’t say a single negative thing about the all around experience today. Staff was super friendly, course was in excellent shape and practice facility was excellent.

Ft. Worth, Texas