Jim McLean Golf Center Par 3 - 9 Holes
White 27 1462 yards

Year Built 1999
Greens Bermuda grass

Golf School Academy Yes - "Jim McLean Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes

9-Hole Rounds 7

No Water- Dead Greens

I was disappointed in the conditions of the greens. At least three were dead and one had a temporary green in the fairway. The other greens were only in fair condition. There was no water on the course and the lady at the desk said they did not have drinking fountain in the building.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Average

Grain of salt

You have to understand what you’re getting here. I’ve got three kids under 3 but my wife and I both play. This course allowed us to go out with two strollers, 3 kids and play 9 which is few and far between for any golf courses. It’s an easy walk and you can see while playing here it has some interesting template hole designs by Fazio who contributed to this project. Green conditions were certainly lacking but the layout definitely places a premium on ball striking which is what a par 3 course should do. My wife, who is a picky golfer, said she’d come play this course every weekend for what it’s worth. $20 to hit 9 true iron shots is a steal. Unlike other par 3s which are a pitch and putt, this course truly requires great shots to score well. I left anything longer than a 6 iron at home when I came out which is a mistake. These are real par 3s that could appear on a “normal” par 72.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Fair
Course Layout Excellent

Windy and long from back tees

The course has too much water for my taste and from the back tees some holes were over 200 yards. Greens were a little lumpy, but should get better as the season progresses. The wind was 20+ mph so it was quite challenging.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Fair

Great for the Kid

I have a 6 yr old golfer and it's a perfect course for him.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good

A fast round of golf.

It’s always a pleasure to play here. The golf course is very close to my house. And it usually in good shape.

Nice little par 3 course

This was our first time to play, and we are HORRIBLE golfers. The course was well maintained (mostly) and fun. The score card show distances for 3 different Tee boxes, and on most holes only 2 could be found. The course is not very hilly, but sand traps and water still made it a bit challenging.
Pace of Play Average
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Average
Commented On 04/11/2017
Thank you for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our course and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice practice facility

From a pure golf perspective, its great. Nice course, range and nice areas to practice putting and chipping. The par 3 course provides some challenging holes. It is in great shape. From an amenities standpoint, it is lacking. Food? Cliff Bars and that's it. Drinks? Bottles water and soda. I will play again and be prepared next time. Would have had more fun had I known to grab a burger or something ahead of time. Also, no carts.
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Excellent
Commented On 03/22/2017
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed playing at our course. We have noted your comments about amenities and will keep them in mind for future changes within the course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Greens in poor shape

Dad and I visited this course on Saturday. Had to wait 30 minutes for a cart. Greens were in horrible condition. I've played this course many times before, but this was the last time. Teenagers inside didn't seem to care about us having to wait for a cart. Seems like they are just holding on to the land, waiting for a big offer.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Course Layout Good
Commented On 01/23/2017
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We apologize for the experience you had at our course. We strive to meet everyone's needs and its appears this did not happen during your visit. We hope you will give us another visit so we can make this trip up to you.

Nice or 3 course!

Excellent and challenging par 3 with great staff in support. One of the nicest par 3 courses I have ever played.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Commented On 11/14/2016
Hi, Thanks for leaving us such a nice review. It's great to see you had a good time and we hope to see you soon.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019