1.8
2.1
2.6

Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Formerly known as Jim McLean Golf Center.

Year Built 1999
Greens Bermuda grass

Golf Simulator Yes

Available Sports

Fitness

9-Hole Rounds 8

Terrible course/ service

Couldn’t play consistently. Had every other hole closed , terrible keeping. Asked for a rain check and was refused. Didn’t even play 3/18 holes! Would never go back!

This course is bad

If I were you I would just go to the golf range on site. The course is horribly maintained and not worth the money. Overall just bad

Price a bit high.

I watched this course go from top notch to pure goat ranch. Then new owners have taken over since. Much improvements Have already been made to the course however the greens particularly are still in pretty bad shape. while the reason I say the price is too high they wanna charge $20 for cart when right next door after 5 o'clock which is usually when I play in the evening after work at a Premier 18 hole golf course called Waterchase you can play for 25 bucks with a cart so until the courses get back top notch I don't agree with the price at all and don't agree with $18 to walk with a pull cart that's ridiculous wasn't real crazy about sharing course with disc golfers but so far it's OK the way they have laid it out however again I think it's ridiculous to give disc golfers a golf cart when they're carrying a bag of frisbees and we have to carry a bag of steel clubs All golf cart should be left for golfers not disc golfers especially the price we pay to play that little course. The end of the day It's a decent little course to work on your irons and short game.

Sunny day in April

Just a few minutes off of the interstate, #3 on Texas Golf Center course was under construction on this day. Some forced carries exist on holes. A fancier facility than Meadowbrook Park in Arlington; however, Meadowbrook Park has some par fours & tends to be a better value for the price..

Nice par 3 track, greens need serious help

This course is a nice 9 hole track, nice people. GOOD In house amenities.
Unfortunately the greens are in rough shape, but nothing a good greens keeper couldn't fix.

Commented on 12/01/2019

lyager, we appreciate your feedback & want to assure you that a greens superintendent has been hired effective Nov. 1!

The facility began under new ownership Oct. 1 ... unfortunately growing season is over for 2019 however we are strengthening the greens for winter & anticipate a strong recovery next Spring...stay tuned!!

Commented on 12/01/2019

cannon301...thanks for the positive review!
Facility is under new ownership & better than ever!

For Winter--Indoor Simulator, Hitting Bays & Putting Studio...Trackman & JC Video for Swing Analysis too!!

Not Jims anymore

They are still collecting money but are no longer honoring Golfnow Now. We paid showed up for out Tee time and we were turned away. The place Ian now called Texas Golf Center.

Commented on 12/01/2019

Imjghook, thanks your feedback & want you to know we have ironed out the GolfNow issue & are now taking reservations thru them again!

The facility began under new ownership Oct. 1 ... we have already begun renovations. Spring 2020 this facility will be better than ever with Night Golf, TopTracer Interactive Driving Range, Bar + Restaurant.

Free Day Pass on the house next time you come, just mention this review!

For the Winter, we have indoor hitting bays & putting studio as well as indoor simulator, Trackman & JC Video...come see us!!

Terrible Greens!

Haven’t played this course in two years. The course use to be in great shape but it was a total disaster! Greens had weeds and big bare spots! Sand traps were mud filled with weeds! Do not waste your money! Sad!

Commented on 12/01/2019

ckoonce, we appreciate your feedback & want to assure you that a greens superintendent has been hired effective Nov. 1!

Commented on 12/01/2019

Thanks for the positive review!

Commented on 12/01/2019

jchaney...thanks for the positive review!

Very Disappointed

Jim McLean Golf Center is supposed to be a PGA Tour Player Facility, with instruction and club fitting. There is a Junior player component also on the premises. That's the brochure stuff anyway.
The staff at the desk didn't know information they should have known that I needed - Where the pull carts are, range balls, etc. I had to make three trips and scrounge my own information to get my son a pull cart, and to get range balls.
The range - if you aren't a professional expect to hit from an area with no grass, and no one will be helping you. Figure out everything you need at the desk prior to leaving for the range. Its kind of a hike from the range to the desk.
The golf - starts out wonderful, the first three holes are in tip top shape and what you would expect from a PGA Tour Player facility. That is where the good ends.
There are four holes where the greens are severely burnt - don't even try to play 8 or 9 - they didn't have the tee markers out and there were no flags and no holes cut as the greens were in a sad state. We walked the cart path from 7 to the club house - we couldn't even play 8 or 9 (only a 9 hole course).
Bunkers really need work - most are basically mud/dirt with sand sprinkled in.
The morning crew was out, but they left on many sprinklers in front of us - I attempted to wave them down and ask them to turn them off to no avail. We just avoided those teeing areas/greens and dropped outside of sprinkler range (we teed off at 8:15 AM, sprinklers should have been off).
As far as the layout - its a good little 3-par golf course. It would have been nice if the course was better operated and maintained.
Overall I was shocked as I see this course from the highway all the time. Its also sad as it could be a gem 3 par really. I would like to play there again, but I doubt I will this year.
Its not a complete waste of time, but I expected so much more.

Commented on 12/01/2019

shonkdd...we appreciate your feedback & want to assure you that a greens superintendent has been hired effective Nov. 1!

Commented on 12/01/2019

u4908524...I apologize your experience was not good but want to make you aware the facility is under new ownership effective Oct. 1 ... big renovations starting!

No Water- Dead Greens

I was disappointed in the conditions of the greens. At least three were dead and one had a temporary green in the fairway. The other greens were only in fair condition. There was no water on the course and the lady at the desk said they did not have drinking fountain in the building.

Commented on 12/01/2019

RickBreck...the facility is under new ownership effective Oct. 1, 2019 & we have already hired a greens superintendent to rectify the problems!

Unfortunately growing season is over for 2019 however we are strengthening the greens for winter & anticipate a strong recovery next Spring.

Texas Advisor

Grain of salt

You have to understand what you’re getting here. I’ve got three kids under 3 but my wife and I both play. This course allowed us to go out with two strollers, 3 kids and play 9 which is few and far between for any golf courses. It’s an easy walk and you can see while playing here it has some interesting template hole designs by Fazio who contributed to this project. Green conditions were certainly lacking but the layout definitely places a premium on ball striking which is what a par 3 course should do.

My wife, who is a picky golfer, said she’d come play this course every weekend for what it’s worth. $20 to hit 9 true iron shots is a steal. Unlike other par 3s which are a pitch and putt, this course truly requires great shots to score well. I left anything longer than a 6 iron at home when I came out which is a mistake. These are real par 3s that could appear on a “normal” par 72.

Commented on 12/01/2019

TXGolferTX...I'm glad you & your family enjoyed a positive experience out here & we certainly appreciate the positive review!

As of Oct. 1, 2019 the facility is under new ownership...we have already hired a greens superintendent to solve the problems on the greens. Expect better in 2020!

817.303.4370

Windy and long from back tees

The course has too much water for my taste and from the back tees some holes were over 200 yards. Greens were a little lumpy, but should get better as the season progresses. The wind was 20+ mph so it was quite challenging.

Great for the Kid

I have a 6 yr old golfer and it's a perfect course for him.

Commented on 12/01/2019

Thomas2525...I'm glad you & your family enjoyed a positive experience out here & we certainly appreciate the positive review!

As of Oct. 1, 2019 the facility is under new ownership...big things on the horizon!

A fast round of golf.

It’s always a pleasure to play here. The golf course is very close to my house. And it usually in good shape.

Commented on 12/01/2019

u060792183...I'm glad you had fun & please come back out to see us as you live in the area!

As of Oct. 1, 2019 the facility is under new ownership & offering KILLER DEALS on Memberships!

Nice little par 3 course

This was our first time to play, and we are HORRIBLE golfers. The course was well maintained (mostly) and fun. The score card show distances for 3 different Tee boxes, and on most holes only 2 could be found. The course is not very hilly, but sand traps and water still made it a bit challenging.

Commented on 04/11/2017

Thank you for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our course and we hope to see you again soon.

4.1917764706