Type Public/Resort

Formerly known as The Doral Tesoro Course.

Golf Club at Champions Circle

Year Built 2000
Architect Greg Norman (2000) Jay Morrish (2002)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts & proper Bermuda length shorts/slacks required. Denim/blue jeans are allowed but must be heamed. No halter-tops, bathing suits, sweat pants.

wet fairways

I had a good time playing yesterday, but the fairways were still wet from the rain showers earlier in the week.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Hi Thomas! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed the course.

When you show up just do whatever you want , it apparently doesn’t matter!

So I show up early to be told the range is currently closed but they have an area to put and chip per the marshal sign on his golf cart. Well during that time several other came up to the clubhouse to obtain what,? Range balls. So when addressing it with the teenager who was staffing the desk basically got a ,”well some just do what they want “. Then the marshal stars my twosome early just to start a single to ride our behinds from the start. Then too make things better a new system to book was just put into place and the afternoon round were double booked. So trying to play in between 4 different 5somes was a joy. Groups leaving tees to mark the best shot on the greens and then being yelled at not to move it. Not sure if locals took over the course for the day but I sure felt I was invading their backyard and paid 30 bucks to do so.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Alex, we are very disappointed to hear about your experience at the course. We truly appreciate and value this feedback, and would love to speak with you to learn more about your experience, and improve. Our Head Pro Michael Miller would love to discuss this with you if you would like to reach out at 602-769-7969. Thank you once again for this helpful review.

They sold some land and just crammed some holes in to keep it a course. You have to drive through the Marriot parking lot and jump a curb to play the last 2 holes. It’s a joke of a layout.

Commented on 01/08/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry that your experience was anything less than 5-stars. There are many projects in place that we are working on to improve your experience. We hope that you give us a try in the future. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Challenging but Fun

Got to play this track for the first time. Has a little of everything for everyone's game. Very entertaining course to play and would deff make you a better golfer the more you play it. Can't wait to tee it up again here.

Commented on 01/06/2020

AButler15, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Winter conditiond

The course was in good shape for the winter play.
Pace Of play was quite good, and the greens were firm and quick..
I enjoyed the round for the beginning of the new year.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Thank you for your review, u000005546999. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Golf Club at Champions Circle. We're glad that you played at a good pace and the greens were in good shape. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

New Years Golf.

The staff was great. The course is in need of some TLC. Tees and greens were good. The rest of the course was so so. They have rerouted some holes on the back which took away from a good front 9 track.

Over all average experience, but for $39 was about what I expected

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hi bbaker0708! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We do have some construction still going at the course and we hope you make it back to see the changes. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Champions Circle!

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hi, Peter15. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Champions Circle!

Yes this course have a good feature

I love this course, I will come back and play in
The near future love it

Commented on 12/27/2019

Thank you for your review, Peter15. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Golf Club at Champions Circle. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ask about starter or back 9 starting

First time playing this course..! Walk into pro shop with daughter 15yr old i am a 7 handicap she is 12 handicap. We dress the part n come for business..! Tee time at 1:30 we check in at 12:20 we got some weird looks but after The intro the staff was great. They asked us if we played there before.... answer no so they gave us directions and a bucket of balls for warm up —> that’s where 1 star happens. Next star is the range and a the course.. it’s in ok shape so I added another star it’s very playable and the greens were almost true, fast but true only too many scuffs and ball marks from idiots. Now 1:30 tee time which I thought was a normal golf club procedure also the dress code collar shirt , no jeans or denim WoW.. out of about 30 people that I saw on the course I would say 20 of them had jeans on. So it’s now 1:20 me n my 15 yrold are standing at the golds. Cause the 1:20 tee off wasn’t there and no starter and we watched a 1:15 tee off. 1:21 a 4some drives behind us and asks us if we are starting. Yes in 9 mins and waiting for the ones in front to clear. They tell me that they were told to start on the back and now they are coming around to the front..! Ok we had 9 mins so I said go ahead. No starter no organization so far. Now a 2some drives up behind them and ask the same about starting. I said I’m going after this 4some. They say well everyone is starting on the 10th tee. So now I’m thinking this is a joke of a golf course. Where is the starter and why is he even called a Starter..? So everything went smooth for the front 9. Only waiting normal time. Cause I teed from the gold and daughter teed from the whites. Normally red but short course. So NOW comes the turn at 10. Thinking this 4some in front of us should be finished and it should be clear ahead. Well they did finish BUT a different 4some tees off on 10 ..! Why? IDK. Now the next 4 holes. 10-13. We waited on every hole. We did see the Marshall drive by several times on the front 9. Which pace was fine. And only once on the back. After 13 we drive up to 14 and there was a nice 2some in jeans and denim. Lol. But real friendly saying the Marshall made them let the 4some play through. Omg. So me n my daughter drove passed everyone to 18 only case we couldn’t find 17 cause the construction and no signs. But we are going on 3 1/2 hours 13holes. So we hit 18 and still couldn’t find 17. Lol. 2 stars only cause of the staff in the beginning and the course condition.
So be careful booking this course unless you want a free for all and no control of the so called golfers out there. And to the staff...—-> you should take control and KNOW who is on your course I will not be back. Ohh for us it was a free round of golf that I won at a party.. if I payed I would have complained at the golf shop..! Good luck. Hope this helps.

Commented on 12/17/2019

We are really sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We have looked into this issue and it seems there was a little confusion as you should have been sent off #10 which is where the starter was due to a morning tournament. We strive to give every player the best possible experience, and sincerely apologize for this mix up. We hope to see you again in the future.

Routing nightmare!

Changed up the holes and took out the best 2 holes on the course and the routing is horrible no marshals out keeping up pace of play or helping people that haven’t played there I awhile on where to go ! Bad mistake in my option switching the nines and removing the old number 2 and number 3 holes!

Commented on 12/12/2019

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the temporary re-routing due to construction. We hope you come back out and try the course again, as we are working every day to keep it in the best shape possible for our players.

Commented on 12/11/2019

Hi u967695997. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Fun Times

Champions Circle just added two new holes to replace the ones taken for the upcoming target golf complex.
The new holes are both par 3 and the first one comes up as 11 after a par 3. (I think they should make this new hole 10 and a par 4). Also, there is still a confusing path to 17 and 18 finish until the layout is certified as complete. As for condition, it's better than the same time last year (better bunkers) and the new greens are really fast. It's still a great course to play and tough as heck with competition pin placements.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hi Zeuswon. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Champions Circle!

Has been several years since I last played this course due to poor conditions. Changes have been made and course looked great. Even found some new holes. Look forward to playing again.

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi u000001375900. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. Glad that you enjoyed the new layout! We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Champions Circle!

Great Location and Improvements

I have been playing this course since it was opened and it has gone through many different developments. It is close to my home so it is convenient to play but I stopped playing it a couple of years ago because of the course conditions. I recently returned and was surprised by the improvements. Fun course but they still need to get back to their early years of amenities. Outdoor grill reopened would be a winner to bring back players and also improve pace of play. There is now more friendly staff which is a plus. It is now a golf outing option for me and my family.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you for your review, rvhardball. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Golf Club at Champions Circle. Thank you for giving us a second chance and we are happy you enjoyed the improvements we are making. Stay tuned for even more! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Champions

Was unable to play because my partner got ill. Went to the course and they said they would book another time if I could get a refund. Looks like I’m out $80.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Hi jjsterna. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Value resort course

Had a great time playing at championship. Staff was friendly and informative. No starters or Marshalls in sight however so lacking some course management. Very resort style course with a nice scenic layout and a couple challenging holes in the mix. Even after a tornado they had the course in very playable quality.

Commented on 11/05/2019

u164257028, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Renovations

I have not played this course for a over a year and they have change the course. They took away two of the holes on the old front and added two holes on the back. Then they reverse play so now the back is the front. I did not like how 18 ends and you have to drive back right from where you came from. Course was in okay shape for this late in the season. Was wet in places but that was due to recent rains.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hi u000006233435! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Beautiful and tough course

This course has a creek running all through it that adds to its beauty and also its difficulty. Condition was very good. Stay out of the tall grass along the creek! It has a new course layout and cart paths are generally marked well. I would play this course again.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hi u230591711. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Champions Circle.

Texas Advisor

Frosty start, nice finish

First time out here since the early 10's. They have modified the layout due to several floods. The front 9 is tight, longer, and hilly-er. Back 9 shorter (4 par 3's), more open, and easier. Greens were in pretty good shape. Bunkers were the best I have played this year. There were some areas where flood waters have eroded grass banks and rough. Cart paths and bridges in need of repair. We started with a frost delay and 35 degrees and ended at 62 degrees and beautiful. A good day with good friends.

Westlake, Texas
Fort Worth, Texas
Flower Mound, Texas
Fort Worth, Texas

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.