2.6
2.6

Year Built 2001
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Jay Rivere (2001)

Much improved

I reviewed this course a couple of months ago because the greens were so bad, considered the course unplayable. Since then the greens have grown in nicely, and I can now recommend it again. I'm glad to see it back in playable condition as it is my main course for play. The only issue now is the poor condition of the bunkers from all the rain. We just treat them as GUR and drop outside. If they could find a long-term solution to their bunker problems this course could be really great.

Greens Have Bounced Back Nicely

I play this course several times a year. A while back the greens were in bad shape, but they are much better now, they have bounced back strong. Other than some slightly torn up tee boxes, the course is in very good shape.

Worst greens I have played on this year

Worst greens on any course I have played this year. Absolutely horrible. No break on green fees...paid full price. I have attached a picture. This is very typical of what we played on. They were super dry, crusty, with huge bare spots. Does not appear they have been watered in quite some time. Several greens also had huge POA sticking up to deflect your putts. Many tee boxes had weeds 2 or 3 inches high. Fairways were decent. Bunkers, their bunkers usually have almost a small gravel like content but when we played they were packed hard. In all my years playing here, this is the worst condition I have ever seen Timber Creek in.

Greens are horriblegr

Greens are horrible. Simply put...horrible, dried out, bumpy, huge patches no grass at all. Also lots of weeds on many greens sticking way up above the surface. Bunkers packed hard, no sand (or in their case no crushed gravel or whatever they usually have). Fairways not bad. Tee boxes...lots of weeds.

Greens unplayable

I hate to have to write this review as this is my go-to course, and I have always enjoyed all three of the courses. However, the greens are so bad on Creekside it's like putting on dirt. There are a few weeds growing in spots on the greens, but absent the weeds there really is no grass, just sand from top dressing after punching. A slow rolling ball wobbles between the tufts of weeks as if in a pinball machine. The pines course was a little better, but still not great. I haven't had a chance to see the Trails greens, but have heard they are better than Pines and Creekside. I think they need to close down Creekside and totally replace the greens or do something to resurrect them. I understand it is costly in lost revenues not to mention the expense to cure the problem, but if people stop playing the course, that may be more damaging to profitability. They also have long suffering bunker issues. We automatically declare them ground under repair on every round because of their conditions.

Excellent conditions for the very wet weather we have had. Course is a enjoyable layout. Excellent driving range and putting facilities

Terrible greens, incredibly unfriendly staff

Nothing worse than paying $70 for the worst greens in Houston. Upon finishing up a horrible round, we were actually screamed at by a staff member (from home 1) who believed we were parked close to the green on hole 18. Extremely unprofessional. Will not be back.

Pretty good

Overall not bad. Two greens, 3 and 7 on creekside are lost. Dirt patches all over. Unputtable.

Great place to play and have a beer after the round.

We played The Pines and Timber Trails. The course was in great shape. We had a great time in the restaurant following our round. The food and drink were refreshing, and Sierra provided great service. We look forward to returning to Timber Creek in the near future.

No better way to spend a Friday

Took a few clients out to Timber Creek for a round of golf. When I booked the tee time, the staff informed me that the greens hadn't quite transitioned for the summer. They provided half price greens fee. When I showed up, the staff was very friendly and reminded me of the current conditions. After playing a few holes, I could tell the current condition of the greens were abnormal. The entire course was well maintained and provided a challenging, but fun layout.

Considering all the rain recently, course was not in bad shape overall

Greater Houston area has had a tremendous amount of rainfall so far this year. Yesterday, the area by Timbercreek got a tremendous amount of rain. I played in Little John Golf League tournament at Timber Creek today. We played Pines and Timber Trail 9s. Not real fond of what Timbercreek uses in their bunkers. It is more like crushed gravel than sand. Very heavy. The bunkers had not been worked. So, they were packed and had lots of standing water but were still playable.
It was Cart Path Only, as expected. The tee boxes were pretty good. Not much standing water on the tee boxes. The fairways were also in pretty good shape. We played Lift Clean and Replace which helped so you did not have to hit mud balls.
At a glance, the greens did not look all that bad but there definitely was lots of areas where the grass was pretty thin or there were very small bare spots. I am guessing this was due to all the rain we have had but cannot say for sure. For the most part, the greens putted fairly well. Only had a few putts that bounced around due to the bare spots.
The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in the grill is very good too.
Always enjoy playing Timbercreek. Hopefully their greens improve as the weather gets better.

Challenging

I've been playing golf in the Houston area for nearly 25 years now but had never been to Timber Creek until today. Very friendly staff and well managed from starter to cart girl to pro shop. We played The Pines/Timber Trails and I actually enjoyed the The Pines better even though Timber Trails is their "signature" nine. Timber Trails was much tighter with some forced carries.

Nice Surprise

I've been playing golf in the Houston area for nearly 25 years now but had never been to Timber Creek until today. Very friendly staff and well managed from starter to cart girl to pro shop. We played The Pines/Timber Trails and I actually enjoyed the The Pines better even though Timber Trails is their "signature" nine. Very nice layout, wide fairways, very well maintained. Can run it up to green if you choose to do so and not many forced carries.

No homes, just trees, creeks and excellent Riviere golf

This is one of Houston's best daily fee courses for several reasons, not the least of which is that it's 27 holes of quality golf on a beautiful piece of property with no homes. It's also a terrific minimalist design by the late Houston-area architect Jay Riviere, who said he drew some of his inspiration from Winged Foot, where he once worked as an assistant pro. Though it's not quite Winged Foot, Timber Creek is solid throughout, with many memorable holes, plenty of doglegs, a few hazards to cross and generally pretty good condtions. Add a nice golf shop, practice facilities, good eats and a friendly staff, and you've got a great place to hang out every day of the week.

Well designed and maintained

My daughter and I played this course and it was very enjoyable. My daughter loves it and wishes it could be her high school home course.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020