Frisco Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Greens Mini-Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect Gary Stephenson (2008)

Dress code Men: Collared shirts, pants, or hemmed shorts are required; Ladies: Collared or sleeved shirt, pants, hemmed shorts or capris are required.

Entertaining Clients 30

We played behind and of golf tournament. Was slow for the 1st 9-holes. Then was good pace.

Nice course!

Course was in great condition considering the heat over the past couple weeks and lack of rain. Green were firm but receptive and rolled very nicely. Rough wasn’t too long but got thick around the greens. Great layout with a lot of water on the front nine. Will definitely be back.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Hi usmcgilpin. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes!

Not Great Not Terrible

Greens very bumpy and not in great shape. TEE Box grass way too long. Almost can't tee ball high enough for regular driver. Staff is cold and icy but....well.... pretty typical in this area.

Grass range is decent and nice to see instead of mats but the lack of any type range or practice membership keeps this facility as one of the exceptions to the norm and huge disappointment when it comes to affordable local practice.

Commented On 09/05/2019

Hi Matt1439166. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes. We hope to see you again in the future.

Lots of rain

I've been working every single day and dying to play golf. I broke down and picked a day 2 weeks in advance and started counting down the days and minutes until my 2:24pm tee time. Wouldn't you know, it started raining at 3am and didn't stop raining until 11am. I called the golf course to reschedule and they said they were open. In disbelief and excitement I scrambled to get out there. The course was incredible. Greens rolled perfect dispite being punched about 3 weeks ago. Fairways still rolled out. In a week the course will be immaculate. It's phenomenal now and close to perfection.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Hello, whinds. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes!

Fun in Frisco

I really enjoy playing this course. Definitely encourage giving this course a try.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hello, jabbey58. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes!

Commented On 08/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 08/15/2019

Hello, Bucknuts2002. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Golf Club at Frisco Lakes!

Commented On 08/05/2019

Nice course, had fun

I enjoyed playing here today, nice layout and challenging holes but not ridiculous. Course was in great condition. Cart Service “Penny “ was very nice and came around about every 3-4 holes so we always had a cold drink. Our foursome we play here again with pleasure.

Commented On 08/05/2019

Commented On 07/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course had the greens punched a few days ago and they were punching the fairways while we were playing. We got 10 holes in and the rest of the course was being punched and the plugs were still in the fairways. Very poor conditions to play in and would not have booked if we had known this was being done while we tried to play.

Commented On 07/19/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Aerating

Golf now had advised aerating warning. Arrived at course and staff showed picture of brown fairway and said I could call GolfNow and not be charged. I said I would give it a go. Well, I never have played a course that still had tractors on course doing aeration. I should have returned after first drive for refund. I continued on but did not know greens were also heavily sanded. I had good drives and good iron shots and endured the heat. The twosome I started with quit after nine.

Commented On 07/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Frisco Lakes!

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

Where are the Marshall's

Great course but 5 hours is too long to play. Never saw a Marshall. Not worth the price if speed of play cannot be kept at 4 hours.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi, arborman. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We hope to see you again soon.

Greens are in excellent condition

The staff has done a tremendous job, greens are perfect!

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Frisco Lakes!

Just Like Carpet

Excellent day! This course offers a variety of different type holes that give you the chance use various strategies, especially if you are not a long hitter. Every aspect of this course is in really good shape. Beware of the rough - a ball just two feet into the rough will be almost totally swallowed up. You’ll have to be looking straight down to see your ball. Greens were not very receptive to an approach that wasn’t perfect.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Frisco Lakes!

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hi. Thank you for visiting us at Frisco Lakes. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Course in great shape but took 5 hours for the round with 8:06 tee time

We have played this course about 4 times this year. Course is always in good shape and always enjoyed playing here. We mainly play the munis in Dallas area and we come here to reward ourselves. Typically our rounds here takes less than 3 hours and 45 minutes, but today it took 5 hours. Our tee time was at 8:06AM. There was no starter today which was unusual for this course but we still teed off at a reasonable time. We waited for every shot and on most of holes there were 2-3 groups waiting on the tee box. No Marshall to be found until the 14th hole. We asked what was up with the slow play today. Marshall stated that there were 2 groups about 3 holes in front of us that were playing a scramble at a very slow place and they were asked to speed up. We expressed our displeasure that it took them 16+ holes to Marshall the slow play. Hopefully this will not be the new norm. Very disappointing and frustrated day considering it’s 4th of July and a wonderful weather.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We hope to see you again soon.

Getting Better

I played today and after being VERY critical of my home course , the course was in surprisingly great condition. It seems they are reading the reviews we post here.
The greens were playing MUCH better!!, fairways were clean , roughs were semi deep but very playable for a novice duffer.

There was allot of new sod which has been planted, bunkers were much better and actually playable, cart paths were marked and staked very good.

All these good things make me think the owner has some new buyers looking and perhaps they have given the owner a "punch list" of things to fix before the purchase.

I'll play again next week and submit an updated report

Commented On 07/05/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Frisco Lakes!

Long, hot day at the Lakes

We had a good start to the day.. we had to start on hole#10 cause of some work that needed to be finished.. the first nine holes were played at a decent pace. We waited on many shots, even though we were a 4some..once we hit the last 9 holes, the pace became stagnant. We waited on every shot and not a ranger in site to move things along. The back nine ended for me after 16 holes and 4 and a half hours. I don’t think a round of golf on a Monday should take 5 hours.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Frisco Lakes GC.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.