Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda and 419 Bermuda
Greens TifEagle Bermuda
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great links style course that will reward your good shots and eat you alive if yourgame are is off that day

Would it be possible to put blue markers on 15? Have not been there for over two months!! If you need me to make them please let me know. Thank you.

Below is the rule for golfers that do not know the rules.

6.1/1 – What to Do When One or Both Tee-Markers Are Missing

If a player finds one or both tee-markers missing, the player should seek help from the Committee.

However, if that help is not available in a reasonable time, the player should use his or her reasonable judgment (Rule 1.3b(2)) to estimate the location of the teeing area.

Recognizing that such an estimation must be made promptly and cannot be precise, the player’s reasonable judgment of the location of the teeing area will be accepted even if later shown to be wrong (Rule 1.3b(2)).

5 hours

Slowest round in a long time, no marshals . No cart service on a Sunday. Fairway grass was a little thin. The cost was advertised as all you can play, well that was barely 18 due to slow pace of play!

Commented on 10/01/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Course in great shape

The course was in as good of shape that I have ever seen it The past 6 years with the exception of the bunkers, which we just had a tropical storm last week mind you thats why I believe the bunkers were in need of attention, kudos to the greens and grounds keeper, Pace of play was very good

Commented on 09/25/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thanks for leaving us an amazing review! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Houston National Golf Club thanks you!

When to play

Now I remember why I don't play this course after June. If you play before July, this course is usually in great shape. But after that, it's terrible! Now the greens were excellent, but the overall rest was dead or minimum grass in the fairways from lack of watering. It is thin in the fairways, so if hit down on the ball, you're hitting hardpan. Now this is a very challenging, so choose your tee boxes wisely, the wind will effect your play. But the course is fun to play, at the right time of the year.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the teams in charge so they can make note and work to make changes. We're glad to see you enjoyed the rest of your round and we hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club.

Golf 4Fun

It was a decent course. This course seems to play slow because of the pace of some of the individuals that play the course They seem to think they’re the only ones that are out there, so a little golf etiquette would be nice. I’ve also noticed that a lot of these guys are playing on the wrong Tee box, I mean let’s face it guys were not pros so move up one Tee box and that would speed up the game immensely. I watch some guys playing off the wrong Teebox today and they didn’t hit it but maybe 170 yards. Start playing off the regular men’s tee and you might start enjoying the game and improve your score.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi, Tim. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, and we will pass along your comments to the team in charge so that they can make note for your next round! Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Not worth the time

Staffs are not friendly or they don’t want to be there on Sunday morning including the food and beverage serving staffs
Several times they act like they are better than the customers .we have played here many times.
We have noticed. But we all agreed this is the last round we played here

Commented on 09/10/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your regulars and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

great greens

first time played fairways were in bad shape. course is wide open ball rolled on hard ground. Greens were in GREAT shape.overall good course.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We will pass along your comments back to the teams in charge so that they know their hard work is paying off! Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Great place to play golf

Good layout, great burger but we still need to do more about customer service at the front desk and marshal .

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for your review, Ramon! We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at Houston National Golf Club so they can work to make changes! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Great value , course played long from the blues , very hard ground on the sides of the fairways which caused some problems , greens in very condition , I scrambled a lot but enjoyed the course . Keep it on the fairway

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Decent track

Ground was hard and gave shots extra yardage from a good bounce and rollout. Lots of hardpan and brown spots throughout the course. Greens rolled fast & true.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi, Shaun! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Nice Layout

Course is a very solid track with nice faster greens. Sections on most fairways need water and some love as there is sparse or no grass. Where there is grass the fairways are nice. Landed in one bunker on a par 3 on the front 9 that had a cement type substance a quarter inch under the sand. Did not encounter that on others. The many moguls around the course are rough terrain that create bad lies. Price including a burger, chips and a beer was fantastic. I will return and recommend

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Need rain

Always enjoy playing this course. Got there little early and was about to tee before schedule time-not busy at all. Finish us 3::45 min. Great just a few singles we let go by.
Now for the course. Greens are GREAT, almost perfect.
Not extremely fast but more then enough.
Traps are in good condition thru out. Tee boxes need to be maintained. -grass to long. Poor fairways need rain.
Some green areas but landing areas are brown, thin grass with dirt exposed. Play bump in the fairway would be fair. Will play again soon.
Last thing, food was good and friendly waitress..

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Called into work on #10

Had the front nine under my belt. Worked out my irons that were giving me trouble on the first few holes. Paired up with a great guy the round was going pretty well the course is beautiful and challenging. Hit my tee shot on #10 ready to make up for a couple of bad holes on the front nine then all goes straight downhill. Work calls had a job they needed complete. One of the very few times I agreed to this but picked up my ball and went to work. I will be back for a complete round of golf and the phone will be turned off. Really enjoyed the front nine and can't wait to see the back.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Wayne, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Fantastic

These were the best greens in Houston area that I have played on this year. I play all over and was pleasantly surprised how good they are.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Beautiful day. Nice course.

I always like this track. Could use a little more water on the fairways. Otherwise in really nice shape.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience and your additional feedback to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hello, Ramon! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Houston National Golf Club!

It was well worth the price.

The course has some very challenging holes. I was surprised by hole 17 layout and fairway challenges. I was a little disappointed with some inconsistency with way grass on fairways was cut. Very challenging bunkers and water throughout the course.

Commented on 08/12/2019

smith66smith, thank you for your kind words! We will escalate your comments on the fairways back to the staff and we hope to see you again at the course soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Below average

We were given the wrong score cards and all we got to the fourth or fifth hole we realized it was too late to turn back since we were in a time constraint. We left the course after the 5th hole

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi, ravigarib. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about receiving the incorrect score cards is extremely important to us. We always appreciate our golfers comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to earn your business again soon!

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020