View of a green over a pond at Houston National Golf Club

Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda & 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Course is in good condition

The course is in good condition for the most part. Some bare places on the fairways but the greens and tees are in very good condition. It's hard and fast in the fairways, lots of roll. We like the layout a lot with the open fairways. There is always a good breeze on this side of town.The bar area isn't open yet so you can't get any of that good, free popcorn.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Hi, Stephen! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback!. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to have you back again soon!

Commented on 05/14/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club!

Garbage course

Cheated me out of the meal, which is the only reason I come here. Always force me to share a cart with someone. Course is not well maintained. I was coming here a minimum once a week, but will never drop a dime here again.

Enjoyable round of golf

Enjoy playing Houston National, the only suggestion is to punch the fairways and water the heck out of it. Lots of tight lies and club bounces. Greens is great condition, layout great, pace of play was quick...will be back...

Lost Phone

I dropped my phone on the front nine. I proceed to finish my round. Upon completing the round I drove around the course again looking for it to no avail. I informed the club attendant of my situation. After returning home to pin my phone it appeared that it was located. I returned to the course club house to learn that my phone intend have been found. I would like to recognize the staff for their honesty and integrity as it relates to this situation.

My Favorite Course

The best value around. All you can play, and a meal! I played 45 holes last week, never felt pressured, and the burger was pretty good, too. I come back every week.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy to hear how much you enjoy the course! Thank you for sharing your kind words and feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Houston National Golf Club thanks you!

They greens were sanded and I had lot of expectations for the course. The fairways are non existent and they had lot of patches even on the little grass that is there. I wouldn't play here for that price again.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Lots of dirt spots, grass almost nonexistent on fairways

You can see what a nice place it could be. Holes are challenging, but the fairways are awful right now. I will wait awhile before trying it again.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

They’re almost there.

I’ve been playing this course for going on 20 years now. I love the layout, it’s challenging without being impossible. The problem I have is that the condition of the condition of the course, specifically the fairways, is not what it could be if they put the effort in. The private side is beautiful but the public side is a shame. The greens are pretty good and staff friendliness has improved drastically over the past 2 years or so. The members can be rude but you only have to deal with them at the clubhouse since they’re on the private side. All in all, it’s my home course and I do like it a lot and the all you can play deal with lunch and a beer is a great Saturday. I just wish they would restore the course to how great it was 10 years ago.

Commented on 05/04/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Fantastic Experience

the course is beautiful & had a great time playing! Thanks for having us.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your review and kind words! We appreciate your 5 star rating! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Houston National Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Nice track, needs some TLC

Nice layout with some challenging holes. Overall had a nice experience, but the course definitely needs some work. Lots of bare spots which in my mind should not be the case this time of the year. A little lackluster for the green fee.

Commented on 04/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Good Track

Course was was maintained, unique holes, greens in great shape will play again

Commented on 04/06/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Greens are fast!

The fairways are in need of water, they did just slit the fairways so they should be getting better soon. The greens are mostly in great shape. They are running fast! Blew the first couple of putts right by just.needed to adjust the speed.

Commented on 04/03/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

1st time play

Course administered COVID19 protocols well. Played alone well spaced from other groups though 2 played me through even though I wasn't in any hurry to get home. Course is challenging to hit to decent fairway lies and there are few bailout areas around the steep sided and water/trap guarded greens. Generally as tight a housing development course as I have seen. Some patches of fairways and many bunkers were bare and neglected. The greens were in nice shape and putted true.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club!

Commented on 03/31/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020