View of a green over a pond at Houston National Golf Club

Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda & 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Commented on 10/13/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

Nice Course

Good value. A few holes needed some work, but overall it was well kept. Long distance between a few of the holes and several street crossings. The course was built around the neighborhood, so it's a weird layout get to the next box.

Commented on 10/12/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

worth 40 bucks but not any more than that

Greens are very good to excellent but the fairways are dry as a bone with minimal grass coverage.

Pro shop sends out 2somes after 4somes rather than pairing groups up so the pace of play is erratic.
I have played here a dozen times over the past 5 years and I've never seen a marshal on the course!

Commented on 10/15/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Houston National Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Commented on 10/12/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Below average course for the cost

Fairways were hard and not cared for especially for what you pay to play. Greens and bunkers were in decent shape.

Commented on 10/05/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Great layout... not so great fairways.

This course has a great layout and it’s fun to play. Greens are in great shape but the fairways have way to many bare spots. For $60 bucks I’d rather pony up a few more dollars and play somewhere else nicer. The fairways will keep me away for a while for now. However, I had a breakfast sandwich that had me licking my fingers. Food was great here.

Disappointed

Even with the Hot Deal, this course was not worth the money. Different grass types all over the course. Burnouts all over. The staff was not overly concerned with COVID-19 conditions. They have required masks signs and half the employees were not wearing them themselves inside. Also, placing people together in carts and charging I believe $18 for an additional cart. Not well maintained and even some of the other players were rude. Always love playing but this was disappointing.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Commented on 09/29/2020

Greens were phenomenal, bunkers were Normandy beach quality

The course bunkers looked like they had not seen a rake/tractor/maintenance in years. Love the layout of the course, greens were awesome, fairways were in pretty good shape. But the bunkers were inexcuseable.

Commented on 09/30/2020

Terrible condition

Fairways in terrible shape. Can't even tell where fairways and rough begin. Every bunker is just mud and look like all under construction or full of water. Apparently if you call the course directly and book a tee time for get a free burger/dog and a beer. So a discounted rate isn't really a discount at all if you are not offered the same options. So not a good deal at all. The greens were in decent shape but that's about the only good thing about this course. The beverage cart girl was nice.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Beware of the bunkers

Beware if the bunkers. Played HN in a league tournament so whatever the green fee is I paid thru my entry fee. The course is no in the best of condition. But then it never is. Decent grass in the low areas of the fairway but with all the roller coaster type fairways, the grass on the humps is very thin, rock hard,. I have know that so I knew what to expect. What I did not expect was the bunkers. Whatever the underlayment is beneath the thin sand is white and like concrete. I have 2 clubs with scar marks on them as does another player in my 4some. Skulled shots resulted from hitting that crap. You could easily break a club or a wrist if you came in too steep.
I asked the guy in the pro shop if they warned people about the bunkers. His response "Probably not".
And, this situation wasn't just down in the very bottom of the bunkers. The other guy in my group encountered it on a upslope.
If we had known this before playing, we would have taken the bunkers out of play for the event.
Since no signage in pro shop indicating, no warnings, nada...wonder how soon they will face a lawsuit over someone getting hurt.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Commented on 09/21/2020

Geez, I should have proofed that before posting. My English not so good apparently...my apologies.

Nice challenging course.

Course is in good shape . Greens are great shape but a little slow..
Beware they dont allow single riders due to covid.
Have to wear masks to use the restroom but it's ok to ride 4 hours with a stranger !
Didnt feel very welcome but rather I was lucky they were allowing us to play there.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not worth $60

The grass on the fairways is mostly dead on the back 9. Lots of big sandy spots and if you miss the fairway and land in the rough, The ground extremely hard, like hitting off cement. The sandtraps around the greens are disgusting. Full of mud and water. The greens are well-kept wich shows in stark relief the poor condition of the fairways.

Commented on 09/17/2020