View of a green over a pond at Houston National Golf Club

Houston National Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda & 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Greens in good condition but the fairways urgently need the grass to come out of its dormant state and start growing!

Commented on 02/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Greens Good, rest is Ok

The greens were in good shape, however, the rest of the course was just OK...Not bad but not good...4:50 round, so fair for a Saturday public course round..Round came with a free meal and drink, plus all u can play golf...All said it is worth the price of $65 for weekend

Commented on 02/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 02/19/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Tiger woods

Super fun time with my son.. Tiger
Love this course!’

Commented on 02/19/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

I like the layout of course. Maybe due to time of year reason for patchy fairways. Challenging course will try in the summertime see if its different.

Commented on 02/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Houston National

Lightening fast check in with the Pro shop. Played as a single and played in 3:15 mins on a Friday The course was in typical winter time shape with some bare spots but other wise the course was in good shape with the greens being in really good shape.You can tell this course gets a lot of play but it is playable. thx Golf now and thx Houston National

Commented on 02/20/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off! We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Good value

Look play and of course it’s very challenging on a windy day greens are in very good shape for boys could use a little water will definitely come

Commented on 02/11/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we thank you for leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Longer Drives make me Happy !

There are many reasons Houston National is one of my favorite courses in Houston . I'm 64 and any days of hitting long drives are far behind me but this week on the par 5 -550 yard 12 th hole assisted by a 30 mile an hour wind with a hard winter downward sloping fairway I hit my 292 yard drive followed by a 260 yard 3 wood to be 10 feet from the hole for an Eagle put . I missed the putt but walked away with an easy birdie and most importantly left the hole feeling like a Golfer with abilities that I really don't have . Houston National with its fairways lined with berms gives you a look at a course that is not typical of any course in Houston . With links style fairways and greens in great shape running true they are better than some of the Best courses in Houston . Houston National is a great change from many typical cookie cutter neighborhood courses . I have played here 5 or 6 times and every time I finish my first thought is when can I make it back . I will make one suggestion though . I worked for many years in Customer Service and as a District Trainer for Customer Service so having said that maybe I look at customer service with a more critical eye than most but so far checking in to start my rounds the people there have seemed very indifferent to golfers coming in . Maybe I have just caught them on off days . I'm sure the guys at the desk would prefer to be on the course but as I always preached as a Trainer in Customer Service a Smile and Greeting goes a long way in making your customers feel appreciated and welcomed . Thanks

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi, Will. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are also thrilled to hear that our course is one of your favorites! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we thank you for leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

A gen

Very nice xourse layout, greens in spectacular condition.

A llittle to much sand in the bunkers, so stay away.

Fairways needs more attention, but perhaps becouse of the season.

Fast pace of play.

Commented on 02/07/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back here at Houston National Golf Club!

Winter golf in Houston

It’s the first time I used Golfnow and it was a seamless process! When I arrived the pro shop found my reservation immediately and had me on my way in no time.i teed off at the exact time that I booked and completed my round in 3 1/2 hours! The tee boxes and greens were in excellent condition. The fairways could use some maintenance but it is winter time.....

It was a great way to spend a winter’s day!!!!

Commented on 01/31/2020

Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great day

Winds were blowing so had to hit it low. But with the wind had great drives. It was cart path only so it took a minute to get around. But that's golf sometimes . Greens in great shape and putting true. Will be back.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Houston National Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club!

Greens are like greased lightning

Enjoyed the course and the greens are like greased lightning but it is a little over-priced compared to other courses in the area

Commented on 01/09/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see at the course again soon.

Enjoyable day!

The course was in good winter shape, and the greens were fast and true. Pin placements made it challenging and finished in 3 1/4 hours

Commented on 01/09/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement if you want to share with us how we can earn that extra star next time! Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see you back again soon!

Great day to play.

I like the layout of the course. The fairways are bare and tight this time of year. Sand in the bunkers was hard., but the greens were in great shape!!!

Commented on 01/09/2020

Hi, Blake! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we appreciate you for leaving us with your feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see you back at the course again soon!

Resort-Friendly layout - lightning greens

This is an urban residential layout with sometimes long distances between greens and the next tee. Houses almost always on at least one side of the fairway. Layout is wide, generous, an on most holes the fairways are edged with mounds which are extremely helpful provided shots are not too errant. The layout is always interesting. Much of the fairway grass is dormant - ie brown at present (Jan 06). The greens however are in very good condition but lightning fast - it really makes you appreciate how good the pros are! An enjoyable outing at a bargain price through Golf-Now

Commented on 01/09/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Houston National Golf Club!

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hi, Dennis. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Very poor condition

Played the public course today. The whole course was in very poor condition, close to unplayable. Waste of money and time. Will never play there again.

Commented on 01/09/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Needs Work

Greens were great. Soft, shots checked up and putted true. The rest of the course was a nightmare. No grass anywhere. The fairways were barren, rock hard with absolutely no grass. It was like hitting off pavement. Same for the rough. Perhaps throw a little water on them once in a while. There was no advantage to hitting a fairway, most of the time you ended up in a hole. Greenskeepers obviously gave up on the course a long time ago. Will not return to this course anytime soon.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Houston National- fast greens

Greens were very fast, surprising with recent rain. Bunkers were solid, not playable. Overall course in good shape for late December

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello, Steve! Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Houston National Golf Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.