Houston National Golf Club

Houston National Golf Club
National 72 7337 yards 75.3 139
Scorecard for sterling
Black M: 75.3/139 411 612 185 453 435 555 208 414 401 3674 389 411 633 426 194 419 200 440 551 3663 7337
Blue M: 72.8/134 381 560 162 420 410 540 189 384 365 3411 368 383 596 382 169 378 184 401 521 3382 6793
White M: 70.3/126 362 528 140 392 388 508 164 349 356 3187 339 364 542 351 146 349 160 359 468 3078 6265
Red W: 73.0/126 325 490 120 352 316 471 139 314 315 2842 293 309 505 316 120 307 135 310 426 2721 5563

Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda and 419 Bermuda
Greens TifEagle Bermuda
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Tough conditions, fun course

It rained a lot the night before so the course was casual water everywhere. That being said, it was in good condition and playable despite the lakes in the bunkers. For a Saturday the place of play was OK until the last few holes. Some tricky stuff in seeing where to hit the tee shot so I was glad to be with someone who had played the course before. With all the rain, the greens were still fast and very true. Would certainly play here again (and hopefully play better)

Fun day

This course dries quickly. Was paired up with an amazing 30 year old insurance MBA. Played like and resembled Jordan Spief. Great popcorn in the clubhouse.

Great day & greens were rolling great!!

Very enjoyable fall morning at Houston National: I have played here many times & think the greens are in best shape possible... rolling quick and true!!

Guess I liked them with only 28 putts for the round.

Fairways are in nice shape too, traps are often hard-pan with all the rain lately.

Definitely recommend HNational this time of year!!

Nice layout & reasonable rates during the week.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/16/2018:
Thank you Tjtexan142 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Houston National Golf Club.
Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/09/2018:
Thank you samlr58 for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Houston National Golf Club in Texas.

Unique course

A very unique course for the area of Houston. Winding hills and long forced carries make this course a test for golfers of all levels. The course is constantly well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Definitely my favorite course in the Houston area at the time!

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you dflo17 for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Houston National Golf Club in Texas.

A Gem!

Showed up and Houston National was closed for maintenance. Pro shop put us Golf Now folks on the Sterling Club course!

What a treat! I’ve played just about half of the courses in Houston and this was better than Tour 18 and almost as good as The Golf Club of Houston Tournament Course.

If y’all got the money, I’d highly recommend Sterling Country Club.

I live to far away and don’t know how much memberships are.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Houston National Golf Club.

Bar closed

Course is in great shape and tough!

The bar is closed for renovation! No beer cart!

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Hot day no ice

Clubhouse was closed for some reason. Also cart path only. Lots of walking on a hot day.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here in Houston, Texas.

Okay Course

I played because a group of friends asked me to play here in a couple of weeks and I wanted to see the course. Not a fan of links courses. Course was wet and cart path only so more challenging. Course was otherwise in good condition and greens were in very good condition. Undulating but true roll. Not a pretty course but okay for a subdivision course. Can’t complain as I shot 88 even with double bogeys on 17 and 18.

Good Track to Play

Pace of play was good. Started on time. A few fairways have minor issues but for the most part not too bad. Greens are EXCELLENT. Fairly quick and very smooth to putt on. Fun track with some interesting holes. Recommend to golfers of all levels as the different tees make it playable for all.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you jcastleman4 for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Houston National Golf Club.

Challenging course layout

Great course. Rewards a strategic player and straight drives. Greens, tee boxes and rough seem to have a weed or virus in and around the area. Fairways were in great condition. Rough in a lot of areas is either dead or st Augustine grass. A number of blind tee shots that can leave you in some challenging locations. Greens putted well but are guarded and undulating. No flat greens. You have to play a number of different clubs from the tee box to set up the second shot. Hole 17,18 are a score killer. Bogey or double is a good score in order to avoid the big penalties for the average golfer.

Played on a Friday at 1130a. Great pace as the course was fairly empty.

Overall a good course. I would like to play it when the greens and course is in the prime condition one day.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time and for your review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Houston National Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

Great day

Course was empty I was a single pace of play great. Slower towards the end when I cought up to a few groups but over all day and conditions of course we're great .

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you emertes as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Houston National Golf Club.

A fantastic layout that’s well taken care of

The golf course is so nicely designed—it’s tough, but very fair (no blind shots or hidden hazards). It forces you to assess risks and rewards on every shot. It’s well maintained, with occasional issue areas, but the greens are exceptional. It’s worth every penny.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
Thank you so much for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Houston National Golf Club in Texas.

Course

Course was in pretty good shape. The greens are still a little bumpy but not to bad. We will play there again

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
Thank you Greg as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Houston National Golf Club.

Greens in great shape

Been a while since I’ve played Houston National. Was surprised at the great shape the greens are in. A great afternoon of golf

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
Thank you Drboys as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here in Houston, Texas.
Response from Houston National Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon for more of the best golf in Texas.

Great place to Tee off in Cypress, TX

Staff should try to improve customer service skills.

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you Ramon for the 5-star review as we appreciate you taking the time. We love to see you had a great time on the course and we hope you will book another round with us soon here at Houston National Golf Club.

Good Deal

Nice course good deal unfortunately they recently change their policy to take the golf carts to the parking lot to grab or deliver our clubs from our cars. Boomer!!

Response from Houston National Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you juliopoulat as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Houston National Golf Club.
Cypress, Texas