Year Built 2001
Fairways Baby Bermuda and 419 Bermuda
Greens TifEagle Bermuda
Architect von Hagge, Smelek and Baril (2001) Gus Grantham (1999)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Commented On 07/15/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Houston National Golf Club.

One hour to play 2 holes!!

I wish I could give this a better review, because I really like the track. I've always found the staff to be miserable, even the lady driving the beer cart.

But today, I actually walked off the course because of slow play: front 9 wasn't bad, though I was a single and the 4some in front of me refused to let me play through. On the back 9 two groups appeared out if nowhere, and after an hour playing two holes I gave up. No course marshal to be found.

I shared my experience with the gentleman in the pro shop who, no surprise, didn't really care.

So, I won't be back.

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hello, Ranman500. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good test

Good test from blues with challenging tee shots and approaches. greens in excellent shape. Pace of play good

Commented On 07/12/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Houston National Golf Club.

Almost got shot by a home owner for getting my ball in his yard

There is no marshal to depict pace of play. We teed off at 10am and caught a group that started at 850 am. Course might be nice but completely mismanaged. Waste of time and money. I would not NEVER play this course again. There are better courses for you efforts. This is on top of a home opener threaten to shoot me over a ball in his yard, even though there is no trespassing sign insight.

Commented On 07/15/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Houston National Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Unexpected rain

Before making the turn rain made play difficult. That said, I was able to continue due to the superior drainage. Most courses I would be taking a rain check.

Commented On 07/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us u8860059. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Houston National Golf Club thanks you!

Commented On 07/01/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

First time track

Great value with lunch included. The course and experience has highs and lows. Super friendly staff, good practice range, nice greens but shabby/hard fairways. Challenging approach shots and chips but friendly fairways. The front 9 played in 2 hours but the back was headed over 2 1/2 hours so we skipped hole 18 which looked really interesting it’s worth a visit unless you are a course condition snob... the greens were really very nice though.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hi, thank you for the four-star review! We appreciate your detailed feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice, fast round at HN

Nice to play fast in the stifling humidity of HTown. Course in nice shape & greens in very good condition & roll nicely!!
We were out early & played less than 3 hrs!!

Commented On 06/25/2019

Thank you for your review, Tjtexan142. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Houston National Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club. We can't wait to see you again soon.

310 to Yuma

My typical tee time. Twilight rates but plenty of time to finish this time of year. Greens are in remarkable shape. Fairways a bit soft from previous day rain. Good clubhouse with fresh popcorn and burgers with all the fixings, self serve.. TV both inside and out on the deck. Even better when peanut butter crackers are stocked.

Commented On 06/11/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad that you enjoy everything that Houston National has to offer. Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 06/05/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Defcon 2

Always a pleasure to play HoNat. The course is in great shape. The greens looked like they had been verti cut recently but this did not affect the way putts rolled. If there was anything I would change, it would be the guys in the pro shop need could at least pretend to be happy and enthusiastic!

Commented On 06/03/2019

Hi Mark, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you had a good time out there. We appreciate your feedback regarding our staff. We hope next time will be better!

Good greens

Course is well maintained with fast well kept greens.

Commented On 05/28/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Good Round

Bought the All you Can play pass for May 25. Checking in was easy and everyone was very hospitable. Range Ball were available for warm up and open spots to hit on the public side. The course was in fairly good condition, the fairways had a free spots that were bare but overall they were very playable. The greens were very good, but also very fast. There were a few Tee Boxes that were in bad condition but it looks as if they are working to get them back in shape. We played 27 holes and enjoyed the day. Will definitely go back again.

Commented On 05/28/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars and the detailed feedback. We are glad that you had a great time with us the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Commented On 05/23/2019

Hi Alex, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club. We'll see you again soon.

Houston National

Played mid week in a foursome and played behind another foursome and was waiting on every shot. Greens had a lot of poana grass mixed in. Fairways were on the skinny side for grass. Price was ok for the round.

Commented On 05/02/2019

Hi, thank you for the three stars. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Links Style

I’ve always liked this course. Fairways are finally drying out after the early year rains, and it feels very “Open Championship-ish”. Plenty of roll, and lots of risk/reward.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Commented On 04/23/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you had a good time at Houston National Golf Club the other day. Come back again soon!

Greens in good shape

Keep your ball in the fairway and you’ll be fine. Get off course you will find yourself in the moguls. Plenty of water that comes into play.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fairways need some work

Played this course about 3 weeks ago and the greens needed some work, but this time the greens were in good shape. Fairways could use some work for the most part

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hi Louis, thank you for the three stars. We are glad that you enjoyed the greens. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you again soon.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020