WestRidge Golf Course

Year Built 2001
Greens Tiff Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Jeff Brauer (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Hank Haney Golf Academy"

Plays Long 19

COVID-19 Perfection

Everything was setup perfectly for the C-19. Plenty of spacing on the range, plenty of spacing between the tee times and cart hand outs.

Non communication of Cart policy

I purchased 2 tee times on golf now at Westridge. There is no notification on golf now that Westridge will only provide your foursome 2 carts but only one person can ride in it . The other person has to walk. That notification is not listed on Golfnow anywhere and it mislead me to pay cart price but would have to walk if I wanted to play. The course would not refund my car d nor have I’ve been able to contact Golfnow to resolve issue or refund my account . I ended up not playing it was a very hot day and I paid to ride

Commented on 05/28/2020

We would like to express our regret over your recent experience. There have been a number of operational changes that have been put into place as a result of COVID-19 and clubs all over the area are each handling this a little differently as it relates to carts. We have been working with Golf Now to make our cart policy more visible so that golfers can make these decisions before making their tee times. We're sorry you did not get this information sooner and led to a poor experience. We are attempting to secure more golf carts and expect to have them in the next few weeks, this should help ensure that people that want to ride can ride. If you would like to reach out to me directly I'd be happy to work something out for you, my name is Josh Smith and my email is jsmithpga407@gmail.com. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope we'll get a chance to win you back.

No Raincheck

I booked my tee time early in the week when the Saturday forecast remained unclear. As the week progressed, it became clear that it was highly likely to rain on the day that i booked my tee time. I called the pro-shop and asked if I would be charged if I was rained out, to which the pro shop responded that they would not charge if it rained and we could not go on the course. It did not rain the night prior to the tee time, so the remainder of my foursome and I showed up at the course despite dark skies and a forecast with a 90% chance of rain. Before I could even ask, the worker at the pro shop said there would be absolutely no rain checks, and that it was too late for us to cancel (i.e., he was charging my card regardless of what happened). As we approached the first tee it began raining. After golfing in a down pour for two holes, it was clear that the course would not be playable, as the course proceeded to get multiple inches of rain that day. I am really frustrated with the course's decision to not issue a rain check, because I normally enjoy my experience out there. I understand that the course, like most businesses, are in desperate need of revenue because of COVID-19, but I feel like this was a VERY short-sighted decision, and is the reason me and the rest of my foursome will never be back.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Let us start by saying we are very sorry for this experience, this is not representative of our policy and certainly not representative of how we expect our team to respond. If it's raining at the time of your tee time our policy is not to force anyone to play nor to charge a no show fee. If you tee off and it starts raining during your round we offer a prorated raincheck based on the holes you have played. It seems like we whiffed on this all together. If you would like I would be happy to discuss this with you directly and see what we can do. My name is Josh Smith and my email is jsmithpga407@gmail.com. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will do better in the future.

Read Me

Let me start by saying that I live very close to this course and have played it many times. Yes I really like the unique 6-5's, 6-4's, and 6-3's. From the tips, this is not a short or easy course. There are some serious tough holes when the wind is in your face. The variety of tees allows the average golfer a fair track. And, the burgers and beer are freaking awesome. No, seriously, better than most Gastropub wannabees. So here is my rant: Just because you are successful in you job, have a nice home, and drive a nice car, does not give you the right to come out to a golf course and ignore all golf etiquette. The guys in my group were great, but the ones ahead of us were ridiculous. One, repair your ball marks. Google it if you don't know what they are. Two, play ready golf. Three, when the last person on the green is putting out, the rest should be on the green closest to the carts with clubs in hand. Forth, don't have a conversation on the green, that is for the next tee box while you wait. Fifth, when you hit a drive 200 yards from the whites, and are 280 yards out from the green on a par 5, you are good to hit them, trust me, the people on the green are not in danger. Finally, don't leave your carts on the grass, on the opposite side of the green from the path to the next tee. Ok, rant over, I fell better. Thank you Westridge, love you, will be back soon.

WR

Well worth your time and money. Today they started us on 10 because they had more control over who was playing. I liked the front nine better than the back nine. A couple of other perks; blue tooth speakers in the cart, GPS, two USB charging ports. The only complaint I have about WR is slow play, too many golfers out on the course, this could be managed better.

Covid 19 Rules are Extreme

Like the golf course a lot and have played it many times. However the extreme rules implemented for social distancing make it too much of a hassle to play it for now. They only allow two carts per foursome so unless you have two couples (who must show their drivers license to prove they reside at the same address), someone has to walk. No exceptions made, This course is long and spread out and probably 8 miles or so to walk. No water stations, no drink carts. Each cart has a laminated card informing you that you must comply with all rules and if you don’t your entire group will be asked to leave. If you don’t leave immediately the police will be called to remove you. Really? On top of these extreme rules, they are defensive and rude and seemingly don’t care if you play there or not. They claim that you cannot get a tee time without either listening to a recording explaining their policy or be told by the person accepting your tee time. We did not hear a recording nor did the person we spoke to inform us that someone would have to walk. I’m sympathetic to all businesses that are having to adjust to new requirements being placed on them but this course, in my opinion, has adapted very poorly and with a bad attitude to boot. Plenty of other courses to play where the people are nice and where you aren’t threatened with removal for wanting enough golf carts for your group!

Nice Track

Nice course...greens were a little rough but, overall, it was a great round!

P.S. The GPS on the cart...Did not work. (Cary #53)

The Perfect Mix of Holes

I like this course because of the layout. You get 6 par 5's and 6 par 4's and 6 par 3's
Only course i have ever played with that set up.
Last time i played i literally hit every club in my bag at least once.
So if you have never made a hole in one you get 6 tries on this course!
The only negative is this course gets a TON of play. Busiest course i have ever seen.

Frequent player Senior loyalty member

The course needs lots of work on the greens. The water system creates too many wet areas. The course is in fair shape overall.

Super Nice Course

This is by far the best condition of I have seen Westridge in a very long time. The tee boxes and fairways are in really good shape. The greens no longer have the fungus areas that you usually have to putt around. Well done to the Westridge team.
One more item... Of you have not grabbed a burger from the grill, you're missing out!

Just ok

A average course that offers no bathrooms on the course and surrounded by homes. Way too many par 3 holes and the tee boxes are terrible and I don’t mean winter dead terrible. Most of the tee box areas were uneven. Sloping or bumpy like trying to tee off in tire tracks. In all it has plenty of potential and the staff and facilities are nice. Fix the tee boxes and give golfers some bathrooms other than someone’s backyard and I would play again.

Horrible club house staff

Rude, indifferent, and slow. Don’t know our care you know the lady at the front desks name but she had horrible customer service.

It only takes one

Arrived on time and got a cart from the cart barn. Me and my roommate proceeded to the first tee together where there were two other groups waiting to tee off. The starter was extremely rude to point of douchebag not even scratching the surface! He asked us why we were in the same cart (they had rule of only 1 person per cart due to Covid-19). I told him that noone told us when we booked tee time nor did cart guys. I then told him Calmly no one mentioned anything and I think they should’ve. His exact quote was “if you don’t like it you can leave and get your money back’.

I’ mean I know customer service sucks nowadays but I was taken aback and he ruined our round before it started. It’s just amazing how businesses think putting people who treat people like this in a position to deal with customers. At end of round the gps says thank u for choosing west ridge and we know u have many choices. I suggest they practice what they preach

Sincerely,

Russell Floyd

WestRidge during Covid-19

My son and I set out to play WestRidge yesterday, this amid the Covid-19 shut downs. Upon arrival to the course, their parking lot was pretty full, so we knew that their might be some delays. Upon entering or should I say trying to enter the clubhouse, there was a sign indicating the clubhouse was closed and to check in around back. As we went around back, we noticed tables and a computer set up, with the now standard 6’ tape markers on the ground telling you where to stand. Upon approaching the makeshift counter to pay, I over hear that they are running individual carts only and each two-some can only have one rider, the other person has to walk. This idea of walking had people walking out and off the course. My son and I decided to power through. Ok, he powered through walking over 8 miles and I rode most of it. Lol

The course, for the current environment, the course was pretty decent. We have had a ton of rain lately, and for the most part, you could not tell by walking around the course. Now, what I found lacking was the number of unrepaired divots throughout the course. Due to the Covid-19 restrictive measures, the course is not placing sand bottles on the carts. This leaves a lot of divots and my fear is in 6 months the course will not being as smooth as it was yesterday. The sand traps were without rakes as other course are, so there is the challenge of balls in footprints etc. I will say the sand traps were missing a lot of sand and concrete was exposed in many places. Overall the fairways were in good shape and the greens were better than one might expect for a public course.

I will definitely be back to play another round I’m the future. Yesterday’s time for 18 holes ran just over 4 hours long, however had my son not jogged from shot to shot and hole to hole, we would have played more along the lines of 5 hours plus.

Horrendously slow

Love the track, but it needs marshalls out there pushing the people along. It’s a hack-o-rama and nobody thinking about the people behind. Lying 3, and waiting for the green to clear 200 yds. ahead is ridiculous already. And move up to the white tees dude!

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020