A sunny day view of a hole at Sienna Plantation Golf Club.

Sienna Plantation Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Arthur Hills (2000) Mike Dasher (2000)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Sienna Golf Academy"

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #11)

Terrible conditions

Overall conditions are terrible. Tee boxes are rock hard, dried out and can barely stick tees into the ground. Fairways are dry and lots of crab grass. Greens are slow & bumpy. Course layout is great, but they need to do a better job of maintaining the greens & fairways.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Sienna Plantation Golf Club.

Local course

This is a golf course with nice layout. Can be a bit pricey sometimes and not always in best shape but recently course is looking good.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sienna Plantation Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

The course is well designed.

Very satisfied with the course and the par of play.

Good

The course was wet but still playable We enjoyed it thoroughly

Golf Nut

I play this course at least once a month because I leave in the area, but I am not a member. The course has a great lay out, but the Lopez family that operates the course basically knows how to cut the grass. The greens are always in mediocre shape and they cut the grass so short there is no grass in the fairways. There sprinklers around the green leak, so it is like walking through a swap just to get to the green.

If you can get a deal on Golf Now for under $50 it probably is worth it.

If you don’t mind links golf, Clear Lake Golf Course is a better value for you money. The greens were in great shape.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please know that we take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Sienna Plantation Golf Club.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Sienna Plantation Golf Club.

Fun course with challenging features and nice scenery

Overall course is in good shape. Greens slow and fast. Excited to play again!

Good Value

Nice course for the money. Pro Shop staff was a bit prickly but the carts were clean and ready and getting off was easy (no starter). Interesting mix of holes from pedestrian to long and challenging. Greens were in great shape and traps were nicely maintained. 18 hole is hokey forcing a lay-up and a near blind approach for most golfers. Again, plenty of challenge and quality for the money. I’ll be back. ~16 handicap

Commented on 08/24/2020

Good, but can be better

My issue is that in this time of Covid, they charged me an additional $15 to ride single in the cart. I did not want to be paired up in a cart with an unknown person.

I never have a problem playing with or riding with new people.
I am over 65 and I have no idea if the other golfer practices social distancing or wears masks etc.

Course still needs attention. Great layout. I may be too hard on ownership because I remember how this course used to be in early 2000's. They should spend the money to get the course to its potential.

Commented on 08/31/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Don’t waste your time or money

Great layout, lots of potential, but in terrible shape. Greens were in decent shape, but this course has consistently declined over the last 20 years and even more so in the last 5-10 years. It’s incredibly sad to see. I hope they get their act together soon.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi , we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Sienna Plantation Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Unfortunate waste of a great layout

I played this course last Friday, August 14 because of several recent reviews claiming the course was improved. Unfortunately, it must have been REALLY bad prior because it was in terrible condition.

I'll start off like many others, with the unfriendly staff in the pro shop. The gentleman did not get out of his seat from behind the counter to greet us . . . . not a bid deal - simply confirming others' reviews for the poor customer service. And what is really disappointing is this should be a simple fix. Onto the course . . . for starters (no pun intended - they didn't have a starter or marshal on the course), you couldn't put your tee into the ground on the first tee box (or a few others) because the concrete had solidified. Second, there were more grasses/weeds growing on this place than the old cemetery grandma is buried in that gets mowed once a month. Edger for the cart paths . . . I haven't checked but I'm assuming they must be on back order like TP after Covid hit! That course hasn't seen an edger in . . . . . . well, I don't know. Bunkers . . . sand/dirt quality was poor and of course the edges of the bunkers looked like the cart path overgrowth - a mullet (no offense to those with a good mullet)! The greens were the best thing on the course yet still not great. They were slow although most had healed since the last time I played here (almost a year ago). The cups appeared to have been cut a week earlier - there was no lip . . . . all of the cups were in terrible condition. The course was rock hard with the exception of a few spots in fairways that were flooded and soft from broken sprinklers. There was a sprinkler junction box cover that the lawn mower had just ran over and cut into a zillion pieces and didn't bother to pick up. The fence that goes along the cart path from hole 2 -3 made a drug addicts smile look like their mouth was full of teeth! It was in the mid 90's, play was slow - no one selling drinks or snacks on the course - they should have made a killing that day selling drinks with the heat!

The really unfortunate thing is that the layout of this course is phenomenal! If the Sienna Plantation Golf Course ownership invested just a few dollars in the place for training/replacing the staff and maintaining the course, this place has serious potential. As a Sienna resident, I am very disappointed and frustrated that I have to take my boys to other places further away to enjoy an experience at the golf course. I guess I will keep kicking membership to this course down the road and invest my money in a place the owners care about!

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Sienna Plantation Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Missouri City, Texas