Style Links
Tiburón Golf Club - Black Course

Year Built 2001
Architect Greg Norman (2001)

Caddies Yes
Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Men: Shirts with collars & sleeves, slacks or Bermuda length shorts; Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks or Bermuda length shorts

Poor Public course experience For a resort course

Where do I start with this horrible experience? Well the cashier was unfriendly and unhelpful. There was no starter to keep any order at the first tee (3 groups standing there). Players hitting multiple balls up the first fairway. No one at the range to provide balls to hit. In fact, when I went to the practice green to chip the golf instructor picked up every last ball for his students leaving me with nothing. When I went to complain the cashier once again ignored me. At this point I figured it was sooooo bad That there was little to be gained by doing so and I was a guest at the Ritz Carlton for a week. I came specifically for the golf. What a waste. If you are looking for a poor public course experience this is your place. If you are looking for a Ritz-Carlton experience forget about it! The golf is not run by the Ritz and it shows. What an embarrassment!

The Black course is a bit tighter than your avg course and the design never varied from that feature. I was hoping to see some surprises (where it opened up a bit here and there) but it stayed the same. Greens were very fair. (they didn't have much slope/break to them) I heard through the grapevine that I should have booked on the Gold course which is more open and interesting.

Fantastic greens

Played 27 holes in 2 days while dodging a tropical depression which left quite a bit of rain but the course was in such great shape it wasn’t soggy muddy and the greens were still like pool tables! Loved it played shorter than the gold course but much narrower.

We scheduled a tee time for Sunday at 11:00. We got a call from Golf Now at 9:00 that they had cancelled our reservation because of a golf outing. I don't know why they couldn't have scheduled us on the other course. Very disappointing.

The black course is great and the staff is top quality.

Really, Not that great

I played Tuesday 7/9/19 @ 7:30am. First of all not one person said anything to me. When I went up to pay the only thing the guy said was enter your card and take out your card. I was a single (family vacation) I can’t be the only one that plays on vacation and happens to be by myself. Unless your a member or with a big group they seem to not want you there. As I went downstairs, once again no one says anything. I grabbed my cart and go. The starter looks at me like I have three eyes and only says you can go it some balls if you want. After hitting some balls I came back right before my tee time, still he said nothing. Finally he said go join that twosome on the box. The golf was fine but nothing special about the course. Fairways were just above average and the greens were barely okay. Very sandy and slow. Not sure when they punched them but could still see some holes. We played in four hours (mostly cart path only) but pace of play was fine. Afterwards again no one said anything. A couple cart guys were standing around but again didn’t say a word. I’m not one that needs someone to take my clubs off and clean them but maybe how did everything go or something like that would of been nice. But again I wasn’t a member so I felt like second class to them. I’m a member somewhere back home so I do understand the service part of golf unfortunately they didn’t. The last straw that totally was wrong was when I was walking or trying to find my way back to the parking lot the starter was sitting in his cart and I had to ask him the best way to parking lot and he just wink and pointed. I get it, they have enough members or get enough public play to be fine but one day the lack of service might bite them. I read a lot of reviews about how great the service was but really this was awful.

Great day out.

Wow. From phone call to book a tee time to packing the clubs in the car to leave the experience of Tiburón was excellent. Was offered their best rate of $80 for a 1230 tee time and was worth every cent. Great staff and a great course. All in excellent condition and the Black course is very playable for all levels of player. Just the one gripe (hence the 4* rating) two groups had combined into an 8 ball and were having a party day - music blaring, load mouth quips at their (many) shots. Luckily they let me through as soon as I caught them but has to put up with the noise for a few holes. No marshal anywhere to be seen to sort out. Maybe would expect at the local muni but not at a course like Tiburón?

Good layout

Beautiful course. Mostly great condition. Greens were a little sandy which made them inconsistent. We played at twiggy rate so was a great value.

Great day

Course was everything I expected I got grouped with three other guys we all had a good time.

Pricey but Worth It

Tiburon's Black Course is extremely nice! The Pro Shop guys, the beverage lady, and our caddie (Mike) were all wonderful.

Yes, the course is expensive but you get what you pay for. We played several courses in area, and Tiburon was by far the nicest. I'll definitely come back here the next time I'm in the Naples area. Looking forward to playing the Gold course.

Commented on 01/28/2019

Thank you for spending the day with us. We are glad you enjoyed The Black Course and had a good experience with the staff. Let us know when you want to give The Gold Course a try. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

$$$$

I was a little upset. I made tee time over the phone and they charged me something like $50 per person ($270 in all) for not making reservation online but they failed to tell me that over the phone. So I get to the course and have my guests and I learn it’s $270. If I had been alone, I would have walked. But I had guests. It’s a nice course which I will not review here but no way it’s worth $270. I’m playing Merion next month and it’s cheaper.

Commented on 01/28/2019

Thank you for choosing to spend your day with us. We are sorry to hear that you had issues with the rate. Please note we use Dynamic Pricing here, and the best available rate will always be on our website. Sorry for any confusion there. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in Naples again soon. If you would like to discuss this further, please email rpotts@troon.com. Thanks again!

I did not cancel

My wife and I were so excited to play this course. We booked a babysitter and everything. But somehow our reservation was cancelled. The funny thing is that they said I cancelled it. Why would I cancel such an exciting day when I never get a Saturday off.

Tiburon Black

Nice layout in great shape. Greens are receptive and roll true.

Commented on 11/16/2018

Thank you for spending the day with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your round. We appreciate the support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Awesome course

The course played tough, was in excellent shape greens speed where mediam to slow and the facility was first class.

Commented on 06/19/2018

Thank you for spending the day with us. The Black Course was remastered last year, so the greens are a little bit slower than the greens on The Gold Course. By this time next year both courses will be the same speed. Thank you again for coming down to Naples and we look forward to showing you The Gold Course soon!

Valid dates: Jan 13, 2020 - Jan 13, 2020
Beat the winter blues with big savings on our greens! Enjoy 1 Night and 2 Rounds of golf with FREE Unlimited play on Palmetto Traverse.