Twin Oaks Championship Course at Moyvalley Hotel & Golf Resort

White 72 6660 yards
Yellow 72 6195 yards
Red (W) 72 5676 yards
Scorecard for Moyvalley Golf Resort
Blue M: 74.9/131 385 229 442 408 170 575 474 546 428 3657 368 434 480 621 210 323 476 199 602 3713 7370
White M: 74.2/127 342 187 398 362 153 534 444 516 364 3300 345 405 441 535 176 301 407 168 567 3345 6645
Yellow M: 73.5/123 321 183 365 354 140 504 410 484 333 3094 324 376 414 508 160 260 385 154 505 3086 6180
Red W: 70.2/119 289 158 348 289 127 480 401 444 313 2849 302 350 379 457 131 237 360 127 466 2809 5658

Year Built 2006

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Enjoyable challenge, Good variety

Challenging park lands course. Very well maintained. Deep rough a good defense. Greens receptive but very fast to putt on and there were a few run off areas. Played it with a really tough pin placement. Planning to play it again

Moyvalley heatwave...

The welcome from David and Emma was super and the course was in reasonable nick after the atrocious weather we'd been having. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. Our round was really slow due to a lot of societies playing in front of us but we didn't mind as I hadn't seen my playing partner for a while so we caught up on the chat side. The only downside was the bar was closed at 6.45pm! We were gasping! I'm coming back to this course as I want to play it in normal conditions.

Disaster

The course was completely over booked. On the first tee I was in one of four groups waiting to tee off. The first two holes are very short, a par four and a par 3 - it took 50 minutes to play these. I took 7 shots in 50 minutes. I had to warm up on the second tee box again, there was a viewing gallery on each tee box with the back up on the course. A member of one of the 4 balls rang the clubhouse to highlight the hold up, this member of staff reported no hold ups after the 8th hole. This information was obviously of zero help as the same number of golfers were on the course being held up from the very start, the fact that another part of the course is free is of no relevance! We were not offered the chance to skip ahead onto the back nine. Additionally, upon checking in at the Pro Shop, I was asked if I had played the course previously, I responded; stating I had not. There was no direction as to where the 1st tee was located, what the local rules were, the playing conditions or which tee box to play from. Later, on the third tee box, when the course ranger was informing my group of the hold up, he told me "It doesn't help that average golfers are playing off the white tees"!! This caused great offence to my playing partner. Upon completing the third hole, my playing partner and I left the course and went home as there was no effort on behalf of the course management to resolve the problem. I was extremely disappointed with the staff, course management and the booking system at Moyvalley, I had driven a long way to play this course and I had to ask for a voucher as compensation, a refund was not offered and I am now out of pocket due to travel expenses.

Good course that feels very open but not a bomber paradise

A really top notch course that manages to blend a touch of links into a parkland setting. The rough is links like, if you hit in the wrong spot you could be standing a foot from your ball and never find it. The course feels very wide open with very few trees. The greens were very good, they were well maintained and having a good degree of challenge without being absurd. I very much enjoyed the round and will be back.

Cracker

It was wet when I played but it held up admirably considering its so soon after two storms.

Plaued it in the summer aswell, fairways and rough were pristine and the greens roll very true. The practice area are top notch although the driving range is more of an iron range.

The layout and look of the cpurse is fantastic and it feels like a top class championship course.

A must!

Great course, very well kept, best greens we played this year so far. Great practise facilities. Not to be missed.

Great Finishing Hole

I've heard great things about this place and was not disappointed, the drive in gives it a real championship feel to the course. Club house is spectacular. The staff in the shop were sensationally unfriendly which is a shame. The course is in great condition, greens are receptive, the day I played the Pins where in pretty easy positions but that could change I'm sure. There a couple of great Par 5's and a couple of sneaky drivable Par 4's with a great risk and reward attraction. The 18th is among the best finishing holes i've come across, right up there with Druids and Celtic Manor (2010).

Rathcore, County Meath