Scorecard for Stone Creek Country Club
Black M: 76.1/138 570 425 195 405 355 235 462 610 478 3735 435 565 460 214 589 435 330 180 485 3693 7428
Blue M: 73.4/132 513 390 165 375 325 215 435 580 440 3438 410 510 425 175 560 400 320 145 450 3395 6833
White M: 71.0/126 480 360 135 350 300 189 415 490 410 3129 370 480 381 150 515 385 295 125 410 3111 6240
Red W: 68.6/114 445 336 118 316 263 151 368 446 369 2812 339 430 362 131 474 332 282 101 392 2843 5655

Year Built 2009
Greens Bent
Architect Cal Olson (2009)

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard

Great value

I liked the scenery and the calm atmosphere. The layout is fun. The green was a little rough and fairway was not mowed. Overall great value for the pruce

fairways played great

This course is the best in the Sherman/Denison area! The bunkers and greens still need some work but overall great course to play on if you’re in the area! First timers there are several unique holes that are fun to play! I recommend playing this course!

Not enjoyable

This was my first time to play this course after driving past it for a couple of years. It was extremely windy and we have had dry conditions so I didn't really expect the course to be overly lush and green. The entire course was extremely dry and hard. The greens were some of the fastest I have ever played Didn't really matter how softly you putted, it was like putting on ice or concrete. The signs indicating the hole number were incorrect after hole three and you had to guess which hole you were on as there were no signs pointing you in the right direction and no communication of directions otherwise. The course marshal explained the signs were on order as he was asking us to pick up our play.

As for the overall course experience, I have been looking forward to playing here. I had a free round given to me for a charitable donation to United Way. I was with a four-some and we were only going to play 9. My friends spent $20 including their cart and fees for 9 holes.

When I presented my discount card, the pro shop employee didn't mention that there would be additional fees nor did the card. He punched the card (as it was good for 4 different courses in the area) and then proceeded to tell me I still owed a $20 cart fee. He said the fee was not included and that no matter how many holes I played or that I was riding in someone else's cart, that was the standard cart fee. I paid so as not to leave my foursome short, but the employee's attitude was one of inconvenience, apathy and unfriendliness.

We asked if the drink cart would be on the course to decide whether to get drinks before we left the club house on on the course. We were told they would be out by 10 am. We didn't see them til we finished on 9.

I could manage with the course condition as it was February and I understand courses have to make changes/updates at some point during the year and it might not be the best time to play.

Needless to say, the attitude of the employees and the lack of communication regarding the numbering changes was a major disappointment.

I won't be back and I would advise my friends to play elsewhere.

cheker board greens

greens still have the checker board look but most of the greens rolled very straight. Fairways were on good shape.

Stone Creek is DFW's hidden gem!

I have played SC mamy times in the past, and I went out with my daughter on Fathers Day. As they have recently replaced their greens, I can say that this course continues to be one of my favorites in the DFW area. Take the short drive from the north Dallas burbs, and GO PLAY THIS COURSE!!
The new tif greens are awesome now, smooth as silk, and they will only conntinue to get better over time. The guys there said that the fairways are next on the list to improve on, but honestly, other than some hardpan on a few fairways, they are actually in very nice shape (bunkers could still use a bit of work, but not terrible by any means).
The course plays like a Hill Country course with many elevation changes, sloped fairways, etc., and if it was closer to Dallas, they could get double the fees, but glad they don't. Truly a hidden gem for those that have not played it yet!!
SC doesn't have fancy amenities like some other courses, but who cares--the golf is great, and offer many challenging holes.
And no, I do not work for the course, get paid to write a great review, etc.--I am just a die hard golfer that knows a good course, and SC will not disappoint your group when you go play.
BTW, a nice treat to play with my daughter on Father's Day, she kept saying how beautiful the course was as well. Thank you SC for providing such a great course at such a reasonable cost.

Fairways and greens in excellent condition.

This was my best experience on this course. Everything was in great shape.
Will do it again soon.
Thanks
GM

Awesome course for all golfers

Highly recommend this course to anybody! Great layout, challenging fairways, and clean greens. And the staff is awesome! Professional and hard working. Good people.

Fun track, bad greens.

The course was fun to play. However, over half the greens were terrible. It was like putting on a checker board. I'm sure they just resodded them. But when your putting and you putt over the lines of sod and the ball funnels like water. It's not good. I would like to play when all the greens are the same.

Better second time around

Great layout, enough of a challenge to keep it fun. Greens are recovering very well after being replaced. Can't wait to go play again.

Stone Creek review

Lot of character; FUN!! ; would recommend making Hole#1 par 5 with tee box next to clubhouse and Hole #2 par 4

Winter Weather

It is still winter but the course is in real good shape

Poor Greens

I really like this course. I have played it several times and I will play it again. However the greens are in poor condition. It would have been good if the nice man behind the counter would have mentioned the green conditions or discounted the fee slightly. I know it is January but the weather has not been that bad.

Greens need help

Greens are very rough. A couple of holes had good greens. The rest needed work

Poor Course Conditions

Several of the greens were in really bad shape but looks like they are under repair. Fairways were dry and hard with patches of dirt. The bunkers were in bad shape and most unplayable. We ended up playing 'ground under repair' at our own discretion. I've played the course several times since it opened and it was pretty rough this time, however it appears they are doing some work (mostly on the greens). The course has a great layout and well worth the money if it was in better shape.

course conditions

This use to be my favorite course, however since the change in the management there it has gone down hill. The course itself is in awful condition, starting with the greens, which are a wreck, compared to before the change, I believe in part due o laying off of help. The inside people are different, always seem to be new faces, not the same friendly , well informed staff. Just not the same, well groomed and maintained course, player friendly place I had come to enjoy so much. Still love the lay-out.

this course has completely fallen off. Do not waste your time or money

Played here 4 times in the last year. It was good in the spring but is now the absolute worst course I have ever played. The green are ruined except the 3 Bermuda greens. The bunkers are unplayable and the fairways are just pasture. They should never charge full price

OUCH!!!! Very disappointing!!! Goat Track!!!

One of the worst course conditions ever I've played. What a rip off for the money. The majority of the greens were eaten away The threesome in front of me, a single, would not let me play through and they were teaching one of their players how to play golf. HMMMMMM :-( Really on a Sunday morning!!!!

Great layout.

I've been wanting to play this course for a while and finally made it out there. Loved the layout of the course. The greens were suffering a bit from the hot weather we've been having but still rolled pretty good. The bunkers were notrocious but luckily only found them once and it was on the first hole so it didn't effect my play. I'm not a long hitter but we played it from the blue tees and still managed to score a decent score. I would definitely go back and play it and do recommend this track to anyone who hasn't played it.

what was everyone else playing?

The fairways were crispy, the greens mushy (well to be fair there were 2 greens on the front in decent shape, but really slow) and the bunkers were not maintained. Only redeeming factor was the pace of play because nobody was out there on a beautiful day because I guess they've learned that the reviews on this site are a joke if that course gets a 4.2/5. I'll give it a 2 because the layout was decent and it was cheap but all the comments about it being worth the drive and a hidden gem are delusional.

Very Impressed

Went in expecting a typical muni type course. Was VERY surprised. The course is in great shape interesting layout Greens were firm but rolled true. Even decide to join there players club because of this round

Sherman, Texas