Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course

Type Public/Resort
Hill Country Golf Club offers three nines, all of which sprawl across 200 scenic acres of Texas Hill Country. The terrain is provided with rolling meadows and steep hillsides dotted with tranquil lakes and ponds that come into play throughout the 27 holes. The Oaks Nine is named for the towering oaks that blanket the course. From wooded ravines to tree-lined fairways, this nine is a demanding test of accuracy. There are strategically placed bunkers and water comes into play on a few holes. The courses, which were designed by well-known architectural firm Arthur Hill & Associates, have received praise from both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.
Hill Country Golf Club
Red W: 67.8/118 265 277 247 246 109 375 299 116 398 2332 4778
Handicap 15 3 13 7 17 9 1 11 5
Par 4 4 4 4 3 5 4 3 5 36 72

Year Built 1993
Architect Arthur Hills (1993)

Entertaining Clients 25
Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club.

Always in great condition

The course is always in exceptional condition. I played it the day after a very heavy storm and rain. The course has great drainage. We were off the cart path by around noon. You could see where some of the creeks had overflowed onto the course by the mud residue. Staff was very friendly.

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club!

Awesome course! Great shape!

My wife and I played the Oaks and Creeks courses and they both were in excellent shape. Fairways and greens were perfect. The staff was super friendly and helpfull. Love staying and playing at Hyatt Hill Country!

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club.

Awesome golf course

Had a great day, course in excellent conditions, rough could be cut a little shorter to keep pace of time. Like the fast greens. I’ll be back with my friends.

Had a great time

Course in great condition like the fast greens. Rough could have been cut a little shorter, to speed up golf play.

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 10/04/2018:
Hi Kamaka, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club!

Tight but Fair Track

While staying nearby, I booked a round on this 27 hole complex. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I managed to get off a bit early. Unfortunately there was a large tournament on the course that day, so I had to play the Oaks course twice for my 18. The course is a little tight, with many opportunities to lose a ball if you're not hitting straight. . Tee boxes and fairways were in good shape. The greens were fast and true, but appeared stressed from weather and a bit thin. Playing as a single, I finished in 3hr20min.. Overall a decent choice if all 9's are available.

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club!

Becoming my home course

Nice course that’s close to my house. Friendly staff and good course layout. Challenging and so far has been in good condition every time I play.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club.

1st class

Just an all-out great destination. The only disappointment Wes not being informed in advance that the greens had been airiated . Weren't terrible but missed a lot of putts because of it.

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club!

Very nice course, food layout, beautiful, rough is unforgiving (that is on me). Overall, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club!

Winding Through the Trees | The Oaks

The Hyatt Hill Country is built on some of the best land in the San Antonio area. A great deal of trees line the fairways especially on the Oaks nine. The tee shots require great accuracy and strategy in order to find the fairway. On the Oaks course in many cases you have to be on the right side of the fairway to have a shot at green/pin. I love this about that nine and enjoy the challenge of fitting the ball into the right spots. One of my favorites in the city however I will say the greens seem to have been an afterthought. They lack the definition to truly make it a championship golf course. Perhaps it was meant to be a resort course however with greater attention to the shaping of the greens this would be my favorite nine and thus my favorite course in the greater San Antonio area. A must play for those who have not made their way to the Hyatt Hill Country.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value at Hyatt Hill Country. We are so glad that enjoyed your round and that it was up to par on this particular day. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

Played Lakes 9 and Oaks 9. Both are a little bit different, lakes are more open than the oaks and the oaks are not so tight that it makes playing impossible. There wasn’t a lot of players on the course and was able to play in 3 hrs and 15 minutes. All around a great day. Greens were a little long no doubt due to the rain but in excellent shape.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Great round

Staff was outstanding and facilities are first class.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions and our great amenities Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Favorite course in San Antonio

Super nice layout. The fairways and greens are in great shape. The staff are very professional. Love playing all three nines. The course should be in great shape after a good rain. Would recommend this course.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Wait a couple weeks to play

I played lakes to creeks for my 18 holes. Greens are still bumpy and sandy from being punched. I’d wait a few weeks to come back and play. I’m not a fan of their bunkers because the sand is grainy and most of them were not even racked after players walked in them. I must have been the only one raking them. Staff was friendly and I was glad to be paired up with cool members to play with. Pace of play was great here too.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this July 4th week!
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

Laid Back and Friendly

The staff and everyone on the course had such a welcoming and helpful attitude. They exuded class and consideration. It made my day. The course was in great shape and the pace was excellent. I had a great time playing with my daughter on vacation here.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the laid back feeling while at Hill Country Resort. We are so glad that your vacation was a memorable one with your daughter, looking forward to having you back with us next year.
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Good course

My son and I played this course, and thanks to golf now it was reasonable. They had punched and sanded the greens so the greens weren’t perfect. But the experience was great !

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/19/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your patience as the course was recently aerified and takes a little time to heal. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.
4.5191176471