A view of the clubhouse and waterfall at Teravista Golf Club

Teravista Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Clifton, Ezell & Clifton (2002)

Caddies Yes

Teravista Golf Club

Great Greens. Driving range difficult to keep maintaining since a lot of players don’t use the divot line method. They take a 12”x12” patch or worse. Recommend posting driving range techniques for all learn driving range etiquette.

5 players in group

My review would have been higher but disappointed that my partner and I were put with 3 others in group of 5. There should not be any more than 4 players as slowed us down an hour and just too many people. Felt like a money play by Terravista.

Too Slow To Be Worth It

It has been several years since I played this course. I like the course quite a bit but the pace of play was so slow I stopped playing it years ago. I thought I would give it another chance today. I teed off at 1:44 PM thinking at worst case it would be getting dark as I finished up (gets dark around 6pm)
Unfortunately, in four hours we (a 3-some) were only able to complete 14 holes. At every hole we had to wait every bit of 15 minutes before we started playing... sometimes more. As we drove in we passed nine additional groups on the four holes between us in the clubhouse. This is completely unacceptable. The Pro shop is obviously stacking for too many players, too close together. There was also no Marshall on the course all day. It was quite a frustrating experience to say the least. It may be several more years before I try this course again, if ever. What a shame, it’s a beautiful course with a great layout but apparently the reputation holds true that you need six hours to finish a round of golf here.

Slow course, rude/incompetent management...

The course is always slow...they overbook. Only Marshall is at the first tee sometimes and no where to be seen in the course. It appears the management is rude and incompetent...

Do not play Teravista

2 hours for 4 holes. We gave up and insisted on a refund from the clubhouse, which they agreed to, and then a week later charged us again.

No professionalism, horrible schedule management, in the course is not in the kind of shape it was a couple years ago. It's overpriced, overbooked, and a complete waste of time.

Golf somewhere else so that this place can suffer and hopefully change management.

Pace of Play

I hope they are not spending any money paying Marshals to supervise the pace of play. No Marshals in sight. Took three hours to complete the front 9; went home after that. Its a shame too because Teravista is actually a pretty nice gold course but this facility has been poorly managed for a long time. Pace of play has always been a big issue here. Not sure why I ever go back; I guess I'm hoping to see things change. Still waiting.

Sloooowwwww

Killed out entire day on just 4 holes. We gave up after almost 2 hours and not even half the front 9. I don't know what these people were thinking, we packed up and left due to the insane wait on each hole.

Horrible time management

I'm sitting on the T-Box of the fourth hole and we're already an hour and a half in to the round.

Pace of play is painfully slow. They overbook the course and it's ruining our round.

Swap out the management, increase the price, do something. If you read reviews on this course this has been a problem in the past.

Unethical at best!

I had double back surgery. I had a talk with Pedro (the golf director at the time) about upgrading from a player’s club to full membership and expectations. Due to the covid-19, he agreed to accommodate by giving me my own cart without being paired up or having to pay a cart fee since I play 45 to 50 rounds a month which would amount to $900 to $1000 in addition to my monthly membership dues. Everything was fine until Blayne in the pro-shop decided to put me at risk by backpedaling my arrangement which he was familiar with the whole time. There’s not a single member I’ve met that’s happy with this place. Members have no reservation privilege since they’re ONLY available to paying customers. Now, I’m being forced to expose myself to covid. This business practice is unethical and should be illegal in Texas and I’ll make sure to bring awareness to everyone by exposing it.

The curious case of carts and staff...

I have been a member at Teravista and generally happy in the past. The pro-shop staff and management has been good pre-COVID but within about a month or two after the pandemic started, they made a somewhat strange decision to force patrons into the single cart even if they are not part of the same family and driving separately all the while the staff are masked behind the desk. They do give you the option of paying additional amount of money ($16 for members and more for non-members) for extra cart. It is ok and understandable for someone playing once or twice a month but probably not ok for members and patrons playing multiple times and especially when there are plenty of carts in the lot. Some of the pro-shop staff make a judgement call which is truly appreciated and make people return - but some pro-shop staff such as Jose won't even recognize you which is kind of rude. I was asked by another player when he realized I was a member "is that how they treat the members"? LOL. There were great guys working in the pro-shop such as Bobby who recently left to work for a different course. I have also noticed that they are over-extended sometimes and don’t have enough carts asking people to wait till their tee time so that they can recycle the carts which is inconvenient and does not exude a great customer experience.

The issue of cart...

I am a have been a member at Teravista and it was generally ok pre-Covid. But since the widespread pandemic started, the management had taken an about turn on customer service. While the pro shop staff are wearing mask - they are forcing patrons to share carts even if they are not part of the same family. They give you an option to pay for cart which is ok if you are playing once or twice a month but not if you are a member and not when there are plenty of carts waiting outside although some pro shop staff are really nice to make a judgement call. Others such as Jose would pretend not even knowing you - i attribute this to them being busy and not intentional (i hope). One guest asked me yesterday “Is that how they treat the members”? Lol. The course is generally in decent condition though.

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible. Staff is rude particularly Blayne Aaron. Poor food choice. This place nickels and dimes everyone and members are very badly treated. The fairways are hard and the bunkers aren't playable for the most part. This course isn't worth it. It'll ruin your day. Go play elsewhere.

Unethical at best!

Fun course

Course was great. Greet green and a challenging course.

I will be back.

Good as Always

This place is always in great shape and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Round Rock, Texas