Slope N/A

Available Sports

Fitness

Plays Twice a year

Utopia

ideal for couples. not Augusta but fun & open, very forgiving.

Challenging

Course was pretty much a manicured pasture. We used the golf now app and couldn't complain much for the price though. Greens were pretty rough although it was more challenging. The last nine is mostly blended into the 1st nine which we didn't expect. We also didn't expect no beer. Apparently the town is dry as well as the course so If you want beer, grab some before you hit the town. Overall we had fun though and the staff was friendly.

Exceptional Course

We hadn’t played this course for three years and were surprised at it’s pristine condition. The greens are exceptional, fairways are full and lush and for sure, overall is a challenging course. The staff were friendly and accommodative making the experience even better. There is excellent driving range, putting green and chipping area for practice prior to the round. It certainly exceeded our expectations and we look forward to playing it again soon.

Bad Time to Play

The lack of rain in the area had been very hard on this course. It was bone dry. It was very hard to follow the fairways as most of the time they were the same color/same shape as the rough. We hope to go back again in the spring or fall or possibly a summer round if the rain keeps up for a little while. The course has potential, we were just there at a bad time of year.
The people running the course were great and the clubhouse/pro-shop is very nice. The course layout was explained to us since it's a nine-hole course with varying tee boxes/pars on some holes. Those pre-round directions were very helpful.
The county is dry so if you like a beer or two on your round you will have to bring your own. They will be happy to sell you sodas or water and I think they had ice available but am not sure since we had our own.

Cold and windy

This is the first time my wife and I have played here and we had a great time. It's winter time so they do as well as they can to keep the greens and fairways up. We decided to go even though a cold front had passed through. It was cold and windy but the sun was out. Some of the holes are confusing but you can easily figure it out from the score card. We were the only ones playing and we had a lot of fun. There are a few par 5's and par 3 holes, but mostly par 4 holes. Great course for a beginner like my wife. She had a great time and wants to go back. We loved the scenery there and on the way to Utopia. We will be back

Fun course, rough greens

I really enjoyed the round of golf. Only took me 2.5 hours as a single to play 18. Lots of cool quotes and tributes to the movie, "7 Days in Utopia". Good layout. Good value. Greens were wet and very slow first thing in the morning.

Wide open fairways

Setting is beautiful. Fairways are not plush grass, but do not have rocks that are prevalent in the area. If you play eighteen, two holes have different tees.

sparky

Could be a great course. Beautiful area. However, the greens are almost unusable. 1" tall grass on them mixed with spots of no grass at all. Disappointing if you have taken a day off work and driven 50 miles to play. Mowing doesn't cost much. An explanation of the order of the holes/teeboxes would also help. Pretty confusing if you are new to the course. Fix these things and it will be fine.

One for the Bucket List

A must play for fans of the movie - "Seven Days In Utopia". Couse was in good condition; pace of play was exceptional; staff was very friendly. This course is definitely off the beaten path, but is one I plan to play again.

Challenging but very playable

The course met my expectations for a west Texas course. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The course had suffered some damage due to the unseasonably harsh winter. It may take a few months before it is healed up. But overall we enjoyed the round of golf and also enjoyed the movie facts displayed throughout the course.

Concan, Texas