ShadowGlen Golf Club
Bronze 72 6629 yards 72.7 132
Green (W) 72 4898 yards 72.0 130
Scorecard for ShadowGlen Golf Club
Black M: 74.2/139 416 472 587 446 415 210 561 142 344 3593 399 477 419 578 343 223 446 183 513 3581 7174
Bronze M: 72.7/132 396 453 544 401 392 190 529 117 309 3331 377 444 390 543 315 195 414 152 468 3298 6629
Bronze/White M: 71.1/131 396 453 544 401 392 190 529 117 309 3331 329 417 353 506 296 167 371 122 421 2982 6313
White M: 69.7/126 W: 74.6/142 378 430 513 372 327 166 500 107 272 3065 329 417 353 506 296 167 371 122 421 2982 6047
Green M: 64.5/105 W: 72.0/130 261 401 399 331 262 146 393 84 212 2489 262 319 280 439 269 123 277 118 322 2409 4898

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda
Greens TifEagle
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Need a course marshall and not allow groups more than 4

Pace of play was ridiculously slow. The time of day that i tee’d off (1:14pm) made my round miserable with the amount of time that i had to wait to hit each shot. No marshall ever seen. Multiple parties with 5 people. Love this course though and will play again. Will plan for earlier tee time next time.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/20/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great experience and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Friday AM Great Pace

Great pace, good value. My 2-some teed off at 8:17 AM and finished in 3.5 hours. Had a single behind us on the front and we followed him on the back. Passed the Ranger twice, and that is about all the traffic we saw. It turned out to be 103 degrees that day, but we were off the course before the heat and home by noon.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/20/2018:
Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at ShadowGlen!

Lackluster round

Shadow is always a good choice for a reasonably priced golf course but I have to be honest it seems to have gone downhill this summer. Yes, the greens were aerated and bumpy which is totally understandable (FYI I would not play here until after 8/21). My concern is the overall course. The fairways are seeing clumps of crabgrass pop up and the transition from fairway to rough is unclear. The sandtraps barely have any sand.

All in all, I will try to make it back out later in the year but this time around it was a lackluster round.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Excellent Condition

Great value, course in excellent shape. Greens soft and rolling good. Sand traps could use some care but just minor work. Very enjoyable round.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
Terrific! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon at ShadowGlen!

Decent course, but not as nice as others in the area

Fairways have a lot of dry spots and I've never played a sub 4-hour round here. Better to go to Teravista, star ranch, Avery ranch, etc.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/06/2018:
Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy our course conditions and that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your review and we would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to us at shadowglengolfmgmt@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Good time, Right Price

First time playing ShadowGlen this past weekend.... Bring PLENTY of water, not much shade on this course at all. Course is in good condition but needs Hole markers with distance at each hole. The back 9 is very enjoyable, with water hazards. Until the weather cools off, i advice an early or late tee time, but all in all a fun and worthwhile Central Texas course.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first experience with us at ShadowGlen. We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round at ShadowGlen!

Good value!

A busy course that could due with spacing out the tee times a bit more. Front 9 plays slow as it is difficult. Some small ravines and creeks to keep an eye out for when you’re playing. Overall a solid course for the $40-$60 range.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Good value for money

The greens and fairways were in very nice shape considering our heat. They seemed to be doing quite a bit of watering. My only complaints would be... They had not manicured the sand bunkers (shaping and grass trimming) and the secondary rough was was too high to the point that you could lose your ball right off the green. They just needed to mow!

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your feedback on our bunkers and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Best Golf Value in Central Texas

Okay, I haven't played every course in Central Texas, but I've played many of them and this course puts most others to shame when it comes to value. Fine amenities, friendly staff, country club feel and a beautiful, challenging, but fair, Hill Country course. Fairways, bunkers, tees and greens all in good shape. Though east of Austin, it's more like Avery Ranch than Bluebonnet. Hills, lakes, bunkers, woods and streams, but designed to be fair. The twilight rate is a steal.. Well worth the drive even if you live in west Austin. Highly recommended.

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback and we can't wait to have you back again soon a ShadowGlen!

Good Time

I'd like for this course to stay the way it is.

Because i play during the week and its never crowded.

I played this weekend and it wasnt crowded either.

Maybe its too hot.

But i love that its not crowded.

I'm writing this review because the people who manage the course deserve a shout out.

i'm amazed the greens are in such good shape.

I play many courses around Austin and these Greens are on par with the high dollar courses.

Morris Williams greens are unplayable.

But Shadowglenn is doing a great job keeping this course in great shape....especially considering they are not thst popular.

I'm sure as Manor grows the course will get busier, but i like it just the way it is.

I play there once a week and I'm a better golfer for it.

Its a tough layout.

Water and Hills.

But it challenges me.

Love this course

Response from ShadowGlen Golf Club on 07/18/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and we're glad that our course has helped you become a better golfer. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ShadowGlen!

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
Austin, Texas