ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Excellence

Love this course, such a great layout compared to other public courses in the area and challenging too which I love to see. Greens are rolling perfectly as well, course conditions were surprisingly good for this time of the year. Pace of play can get slow on weekends but what do you expect at a public course on weekends

Loved what they've done with the place

Hadn't been here since summer; wow this place has improved. New carts, clubhouse and pro shop are clean and look as good as they ever have, and new management and staff really creates a great experience here. The changes also extend to the course, various trees have been removed and trimmed and another tee box added to make course more playable. All the members here are awesome as well, will be making this my home course from now on,

Best Value in Town: Confirmed

Heard this place was a great value and it does not disappoint. Such a nice and refreshing atmosphere with the young staff. Course layout is excellent great mix of easy/difficult holes and the greens were rolling phenomenally, loved that there are five tee boxes as well; makes things fun when you have golfers of all different skill levels in your group. I will definitely be back here, probably to purchase a membership.

No starter

What I wanted was to play a round on Sat and that I did. Your starter quit and there was huge delay off the tee box #1. Every single tee box was a wait. Took close to 5 and half hours for my round. You guys gotta figure this out! Terrible round!!

Excellent course

This was a real treat! Loved the visual lines on course plenty of room off the tee and trouble around the greens . I think thats the way courses should be designed Great mixture of long and short holes!

Consistently delivers

Pace of play was terrible, but what can you reasonably expect the day after Christmas? Never disappointed with the layout, set up or conditions at Shadowglen. One of my favorite Austin area tracks, and the best value in town.

Very impressed

First time at course, had heard good things from a friend. Very impressed, bar girl was friendly and pro shop was well stocked. Cart was clean and course was in great shape, definitely a challenging layout but with multiple tee boxes very playable for average joe

Definitely Renewing Membership for 2020

Hadn’t been out there in a few months and hardly recognized the place. Pro shop looks the best it ever has and clubhouse is as clean and well decorated as it’s ever been—For awhile you could really sense this place was low on cash as you were in the clubhouse but no more. It’s also nice to not have to check in at the bar anymore. Course looks incredible for this time of year, and the new tee boxes really make this course more fun for a lot more people. Heard they’re getting new carts in soon as well, I look forward to that.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Best value in town

Title says it all. Course is challenging and in great shape, and they’ve recently put in a new tee box to make the course more suitable for seniors as well as taken down some trees that were a nuisance before.

Additionally they have a wide range of membership options that are a great deal. The staff is friendly and they’re working hard to improve the place.

Only going to get better!

Commented on 12/17/2019

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

This place just keeps getting better

I have played here for the past few years and have always appreciated the course, and the friendly staff. This course is the best value in the Austin area without a doubt, and now that they have a new general manager and employees everything is improving: course conditions, a greatly expanded selection of merchandise in pro shop, clubhouse, practice area.They are getting new carts in before end of the year which will improve the experience, they have taken down trees to make the course more playable, and added new tee boxes

Commented on 12/16/2019

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club and that you've noticed our improvements. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Best course in the area

I play here regularly. The staff cares about their members. The course is always pretty nice. No complaints, lucky to get to play here often.

gme

Interesting design

Played this course while visiting Austin from the east coast. Really enjoyed the front 9 which is played through the hills and natural terrain, much different then Courses back east. The back nine is more open and a fun change. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I will be back.

Commented on 12/06/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Pay to Play in Austin TX

Can’t say anything negative. Great value. Really good layout and choice of tees. Grill room is comfortable and not trying to be fancy. Great staff made the day for us. Definitely on the courses to return to list

Commented on 12/06/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Shadow Glen Is Getting Even Better

Commented on 12/06/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We're honored that you've noticed all the improvements we've made and that Kirk and the rest of our staff have left a great impression on you. We look forward to seeing you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing to be a part of the ShadowGlen Family!

Changes are Coming

I have been a member of the ShadowGlen Golf Club for over two years. In those two years, significant strides have been made to improve the course and customer relations. First, the course in phenomenal shape and I have seen a magnificent change from when I first started playing at ShadowGlen. Two weeks ago, the course hired Kirk Lohmann as the General Manager. A dedicated pro who understands the inner workings of golf business. This allowed Grant Hutchinson to focus on the course development and Kirk work on the business at hand. In a short two weeks I have seen significant change in the pro shop, the course and customer service. Eric Loll and beverage cart ladies are making strides to bring customer service to a new level. The course?….well its AWESOME! Significant changes on holes 6 and 7 are more golfer friendly and I believe more things are to come! Tee boxes are redone and replaced for faster pace of play. You must come out and see this course now! The prices are competitive to any course in town! Great job ShadowGlen!

Commented on 12/03/2019

Course was good. The front 9 is tougher then the back 9. Be prepared to play into the people in front of you though! The Marshall was a little too uptight for me. Nobody out there is playing for their PGA card. They need to relax and let people enjoy what they have paid for

Commented on 11/27/2019

Love this course.

Shadowglen is a great golf course. The staff is friendly, and the course is kept in good shape. The pacing of the course is reasonable as well.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Pflugerville, Texas
Hutto, Texas
Round Rock, Texas

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.