ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Range member

Range membership is best value in city by far. $45 a month gets you unlimited range balls and you can play in afternoon 7 days a week for $18 and 29$ mornings monday-friday and they don't make you commit for full year.. Range has huge tee box with great grass, they just got new range balls as well. At Teravista, Avery Ranch, and Falconhead it costs more and you only get two rounds per month. These courses may have better short game facility but I rather play and work on that

Love what they’ve don’t with the place

First time out this year and pleasantly surprised. I was a little hesitant paying $62 to play here but this course certainly warrants it. Looks like they’ve added another tee box and cut some trees down to make it a more playable course. Greens rolling really well for a day when it was cart path only. Brand new range balls was a nice surprise as well. They also have way more beers that I can remember last time I was here. Seems like place is trending upwards and I’m all for it

Great Course, Definitely Recommend

I’ve heard good things about this course, which were only proven correct when I played the other weekend.

Staff is really friendly, & the course is in great shape right now. I could only think of 2 cons, which are pretty minor:
-No outside coolers. I brought my personal Yeti & was told I had to put it back in my car, even though I bought a bunch of beer from them. They then gave me one of their club coolers, which can only hold probably 4 beers with ice.
-The front & back 9 are switching, so they provide scorecards without pictures of each hole & there were a few where you have no idea where the greens were. I was told this should be fixed soon.

Overall a great experience, I would definitely recommend golfing here if you want a quality non-expensive round!

Cool course

Had a great time out here, course layout is really cool there is a great variety of holes. I'd play this course all the time if I lived here. Lots of prevailing wind but it makes this course fun to play since drives will go 50 yards farther. I played the black tees after playing gold's for the first few holes and it actually made the course open up a bit off the tee.

Beautiful natural surroundings and staff was helpful and friendly.

Raised prices during covid even for walkers

I don't usually write reviews but am doing one today. It's been five days since I placed and I still feel strongly enough to share my experience.

First and foremost, consider the ethics of a course raising their rates by about $20 or about 40% during covid. Maybe some justification for extra cleaning for carts but this rate increase applied to walkers as well. Additionally, I was told one rate but actually charged $10 more. They apologized for misquoting but would not consider a refund.

And the course is just ok. I've played it at least ten times in the last six months because I have friends that are members. If not for them I might play this course once a year when I found a super deal. If there has been any rain within a week which in Texas this is all year, there is clay mud everywhere and so many unplayable areas. Access to tee boxes is sloppy and sometimes dangerous. If you attempt to retrieve your ball just off the fairway, you spend the next five minutes cleaning the mud off your shoes. The sand traps are completely unplayable. The members never play out of them. The layout is fine with some unique holes. Nine is stupid from all tee boxes except the back. It's a par five. I'm a 270 driver and am hitting a nine iron into the green from the whites, maybe five iron from the blues. There are harder par fours on this course. I'm a sixteen index and birdie this hole nearly half the time. There are a number of holes where the fairways are so tilted it's nearly impossible to hold. When members are advising you aim towards the rough, something is wrong.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Wow you are a pea brain. It literally says on their website that rates can change at anytime. Having bar, clubhouse and range closed and having to cut down on round s by 40% means less revenue, does that make sense? If rates were kept the same then they wouldn't be able maintain the course like it is and then you would be here probably crying and moaning about the course conditions. Sorry you played a poor round buddy, on behalf of all the members out here go play somewhere else from now on. This place is better off without your sour attitude

Vastly Improved

Full disclosure, I’m a member here and have been for over a year. The course design is brilliant. There are no bad holes, though there are several hard holes that’ll force you to hit every club in your bag. There are now 4 men’s tee boxes that offer you a chance to find your own sweet spot but it’s a really challenging course from every tee box. Lotsa forced carries, a lot of shaping is required and the prevailing wind needs to help because otherwise you’ll have some 3 shot approach par 4’s.

Kirk is the new General Manager and his assistants Ben, Eric & Ryan are just a lot of fun to be around. Great range with real grass, new carts, a spectacular golf facility that’s been improved 300% over what i thought was already quite nice. Enjoy. -Scott

Excellence

Beautiful place, great atmosphere out there. Each hole is very unique and a great mix of challenging and risk/reward holes with some drastic elevation changes on back 9 and links style hole on front 9. A more challenging course for sure, but one that actually has real architecture and requires strategy and creativity. And for that reason this course is really fun to play. I also love what they've done during the pandemic; letting everyone take their own carts and implementing a system to reduce employee-customer contact. Can't wait to come back

Well Done ShadowGlen

Been a long time since I've been out here, boy has this place gotten better! Greens and course are in phenomenal shape, and they've done a great job at managing to stay open while still taking measures to keep people safe.

Much Improved!

I’ve played SG around 10 times and have seen it go from a tough premier course to being pretty rundown. I was really happy to see that the team there has put some serious time into making improvements that have seriously improved the conditions at the course.

If I’m being nit picky, I would have liked the see the bunkers cleaned up post rain the day before and while the layout is good, it isn’t the best in town. There are a couple awkward par 5s and a couple par 4s that are incredibly difficult to play without recent course knowledge. I remember the greens being almost too slopey, but they seemed slopey, but reasonable this time out.

I think they should also consider converting #9 into a par 4. It is far too easy. That would be fine, but you also have to drive too far backwards to get to the tees coming off #8.

All that being said - I’ll definitely be back.

Love Shadowglen

I play golf twice a week.
This is Top 5 Austin area course
I prefer it over Star Ranch.
Only Falconhead and Grey Rock are better....but Shadowglen is half their price.

Very Good Course Conditions

Considering the heavy rains recently, I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the course. I played my round in just 3 hours and 40 minutes. Pace of play was very good.

Excellent value

I’ve played courses all around the country and have never played a course as good as this one for $28 which is there after 3pm rate. Best public greens in Austin by far and the layout is awesome and on a beautiful piece of land. Staff was friendly and helpful. I’ll be back

Place is PURE but will bring you to your knees

Course is in excellent shape. Layout is awesome a great variety of holes but it is not an easy course. But hats off to them for being open even when they have to close the clubhouse and setup everything outside. For being so busy pace of place was surprisingly not an issue at all

Hidden Gem

Only course in town that isn't closed thought I would give it a try. Greens better than wolf dancer's right now and course and scenery are beautiful. Front 9 flatter and tighter with links style holes back 9 has drastic elevation change with cool drivable par 4 finishing hole. It's challenging layout and really underrated I think this place get overlooked because it doesn't have big fancy clubhouse and it outside of town a bit. But staff was professional and courteous overall good experience

Very Nice Course

Have played this course three times in the past. Each time, it has been a very favorable experience. The greens were in good shape especially at this time of year. One change was switching the holes 1 - 9 to 10 -18, and 10 - 18 to 1 - 9.

Love it

Wow. I hardly recognize this place. Course looks absolutely amazing for early March. Staff was super helpful and pace of play was surprisingly good for such a busy day. I finished in 4 hours and 35 minutes and it was all foursomes out there. On my rotation of courses from now on

Wasted talent

Such a nice pretty place. If only the grounds were cared for. At points it felt like domes just our tee box stakes and flags in a field.

Rained out

I was rained out ... I would like to get a rain check if possible.

Slow front 9 but had a beer or 3 and it was fine

New to area and first time here. The front 9 took close to 3 hours and 15 minutes but overall it was still fun, it's a beautiful course and you're out there with your buddies. I came into the pro shop after 9 to ask for a raincheck since we ran out of time to finish 18 but they could not have been nicer about it. Some of the courses I've been the staff were a******* about it and wouldn't believe me but this guy remembered my tee time and acknowledged that pace of play is something they are working hard to improve.

Always improving

Course looked very green after all the rain this past week. Pace of play was not an issue at all, the marshall out there was very hands on.. Staff was super nice, went out of there way to make sure we had a nice afternoon

Can't wait for next weekend

Pflugerville, Texas