ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Love It

I come out here 3-4 nights per week after work and get a quick 18 in. No better place to be in the twilight hours. Like 13 of 18 holes are isolated from rest of course so you can literally be out there and not see any other groups unless they are on the same hole as you. Its a beautiful track and a fun layout; although can be challenging depending on where wind is coming from. Easily one of the best value courses in the Austin area.

Course was great but,,,,,

The greens were so bumpy and that the bunkers were filled with mud and water plus had a bunch of weeds growing in the fairways and rough

Long holds with some hills.

Few par threes with some loooong holes. I’m not the best golfer so it was a challenge. I will be coming back for sure.

Always a Fun Track

Great course and layout, never gets boring playing here. Last time we played wind was from north and this time it was from south so course played completely differently and holes that were easy last time were hard this time and vice versa. Staff friendly as usual and just a great overall atmosphere out there.

Keep it Up SG

My foursome and I were introduced to this course this spring when it was the only one open. It’s been in our rotation ever since. It’s a really fun layout and although conditions aren’t quite as good as Star or Avery it’s more fun to play because of the variety of holes and the fact that you’ll be forced to be creative with shots and hit all your clubs.

The beer selection and cart girls are awesome and staff is always super professional without being snobby. Greens are starting to roll well again after aeration and rest of course is looking nicer and nicer. Hope this place can continue to improve

I Love Shadowglen...here is why

They have a small private club feel....good facilities. Better than muni's, but at muni price.

The course ain't in perfect shape, but nothing terrible.
The course layout is very good. I play here all the time, and the course never gets boring. It's a very good design. I have about 4 holes I know Par is gonna be a big challenge, and there are a few holes I know to go for Birdie. Hole 16 is a Par 5, not long, but it's a birdie hole if you hit first 2 shots well, if you mess up on either, it turns into a double bogie....it has a choice to make on the Drive, lay up short of bunkers, or go for it....your shot to the green if you go for it is Blind. This hole has many slight turns and hills. I also love how holes 9 and 18 are birdie holes. It leaves you with a good taste. I normally shoot 82-84. Because I play the course a lot, I can shoot 78, but there are days I blow up and shoot 86.

Shadowglen is well worth the drive to Manor. I live South austin, but I make the 25 minute drive at least once a week.

Enjoyable Afternoon

First time out here have heard lots of people talk about this place. Really enjoyable layout some links holes and some really hilly holes. Not super easy which I like because it forces you to hit all the clubs in your bag. Aerated greens were not ideal but my son and I each managed a few birdies. Other twosome were paired with blamed every missed putt or bad chip on the aerated greens which was amusing. We’ll be back, staff was friendly and accommodating

Not worth it

Played here 2 weeks ago and they’d just aerated the greens. I play all over and it’s a much needed maintenance but when I called to book the tee time nobody told me and I paid full rack rate $52.

Then we’re thinking the greens are okay by now, 2 weeks later, yesterday, we paid $62 and the greens are aerated but WORSE.

Fairways are good but traps suck. Some are just pure mud, some have sand, few are raked or worked.

We won’t be coming back. Sorry to be so hard on them but they need to k ow this isn’t acceptable. We drive 25 miles to get there and it’s just not $62 of golf. $22 maybe.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Sorry you had a bad experience. Your $52 rate was a discounted rate for aeration week. I'm sorry you felt the greens did not improve a week later. We are hard at work on the bunkers as well. Course conditions and maintenance dates are always posted on our website.

Hidden gem, incredible staff

First time playing this course. Loved the layout! Pin positions were excellent and 5 tee choices made the game fun for everyone. We tee’d off 10 minutes late but still finished in 4 hours, so pace wasn’t an issue on a Sunday morning. The staff was helpful and welcoming. Great real grass practice range and good putting / chipping. The greens were punched 7 days ago, but I won’t dock any points for that, it’s a necessary evil. Can’t wait to play them when they heal. There were maybe two tee boxes that were incredibly firm and or were a bit dusty, but overall we had a great day and we’ll be adding this to my regular foursome schedule.

Rude and ill informed course marshal

I like this course, but was frustrated with a couple of things today. Least important of my complaints is paying full price when the greens have just been aerated and sanded, making the ball bounce and wiggle badly. What really bothered me is the experience with a course marshal. He asked us what our tee time was when we saw him somewhere in the middle of the front nine, no problem. Then, on # 10 he approached the group behind us while we were on the green putting out and they were 30 or 40 yards short of the green waiting, and told them to pick up the pace. How in the heck were they supposed to do that? He then approached us on the # 12 tee box and told us we needed to pick up the pace. We informed him that we teed off at 7:10 and were well ahead of a four hour pace. He proceeded to tell us that he had spoken to the pro shop and that we might be required to skip a hole. I informed him that he would need to have someone from the pro shop come and tell me that to my face. He then stopped us on the way to the # 16 tee box and apologized. I was happy to accept his apology, but it;s the second time I've seen the same course marshal rush a group that was not behind, and be rude doing it. Unacceptable.

Best shape I've ever seen it in even with aerated greens

I've been coming out here off and on for years. For awhile you didn't really know what to expect course condition wise; not anymore--its pretty clear that they've put lots of work into improving the course, fairways are in excellent shape and even though greens were aerated a few weeks ago you can tell that they are in good shape. Bunkers still are hard and crusty but overall for the price you can't beat it. Every time I come out here they've made more improvements, staff really seems to care about the course and all the people I know who are members out here can't recommend it enough.

Don’t get tired of playing here

Really enjoyable track. The layout is awesome for a public course in this price range. This is a very good test of golf and shotmaking ability but even if you’re close to a 10 handicap like me it’s still fun. Some really hard holes, but the wind blows a different direction pretty much everyday so there are always holes that are straight downwind where you have a good chance to score. I plan on becoming a member here in the near future you can’t beat their membership options and prices and this is not a course I’d get sick of playing. Love the staffs commitment to improving the place as well

Lack Of Information

I really like this course a lot for it’s excellent course condition and layout for the cost. My grievance is charging $60 (which I have no problem paying for this course) and not informing anyone that the greens were punched. I understand this process needs to happen in order to maintain the course but at least INFORM us they are punched so we can have the option to play somewhere else or maybe reduce your rate to 30-40 dollars. But to not inform your customer’s is just plain lazy.

Commented on 07/15/2020

My youth...... There was like 15 signs up around the clubhouse and when you booked online or over the website there was an alert that said recent aerification you would have had to have been baked out of your mind not to tell

Nice Course

Visiting from Illinois for the weekend, and had a great time at ShadowGlen this morning. Other than the greens being recently aerated course was phenomenal. We played TervaVista and Avery Ranch the last few days but for the money this is a way better course. Fairways are super pure and the layout is very unique. Lots of different ways to play these holes and the wind makes it even more fun. Certainly pay attention to club selection here. Great rental clubs for a public course too (Brand new Srixons). Cart girl and bar girl were hot I’d play here all the time if I lived here

GREAT COURSE

I play the course couple times a month with my step-son who lives in Manor. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Greens consistent and roll well. Only one negative, the sand traps, hard crusty sand. Although, I like the rates and if they spent the money required to upgrade the traps, I am sure the rates would need to be increased. Being a senior, I like they moved the white tee's up, too short for someone, just move to the Blue tees. My first review for this course, having played here for a couple years, one of the best golf values in the Austin market. Check it out.

Range member

Range membership is best value in city by far. $45 a month gets you unlimited range balls and you can play in afternoon 7 days a week for $18 and 29$ mornings monday-friday and they don't make you commit for full year.. Range has huge tee box with great grass, they just got new range balls as well. At Teravista, Avery Ranch, and Falconhead it costs more and you only get two rounds per month. These courses may have better short game facility but I rather play and work on that

Love what they’ve don’t with the place

First time out this year and pleasantly surprised. I was a little hesitant paying $62 to play here but this course certainly warrants it. Looks like they’ve added another tee box and cut some trees down to make it a more playable course. Greens rolling really well for a day when it was cart path only. Brand new range balls was a nice surprise as well. They also have way more beers that I can remember last time I was here. Seems like place is trending upwards and I’m all for it

Great Course, Definitely Recommend

I’ve heard good things about this course, which were only proven correct when I played the other weekend.

Staff is really friendly, & the course is in great shape right now. I could only think of 2 cons, which are pretty minor:
-No outside coolers. I brought my personal Yeti & was told I had to put it back in my car, even though I bought a bunch of beer from them. They then gave me one of their club coolers, which can only hold probably 4 beers with ice.
-The front & back 9 are switching, so they provide scorecards without pictures of each hole & there were a few where you have no idea where the greens were. I was told this should be fixed soon.

Overall a great experience, I would definitely recommend golfing here if you want a quality non-expensive round!

Cool course

Had a great time out here, course layout is really cool there is a great variety of holes. I'd play this course all the time if I lived here. Lots of prevailing wind but it makes this course fun to play since drives will go 50 yards farther. I played the black tees after playing gold's for the first few holes and it actually made the course open up a bit off the tee.

Beautiful natural surroundings and staff was helpful and friendly.

Raised prices during covid even for walkers

I don't usually write reviews but am doing one today. It's been five days since I placed and I still feel strongly enough to share my experience.

First and foremost, consider the ethics of a course raising their rates by about $20 or about 40% during covid. Maybe some justification for extra cleaning for carts but this rate increase applied to walkers as well. Additionally, I was told one rate but actually charged $10 more. They apologized for misquoting but would not consider a refund.

And the course is just ok. I've played it at least ten times in the last six months because I have friends that are members. If not for them I might play this course once a year when I found a super deal. If there has been any rain within a week which in Texas this is all year, there is clay mud everywhere and so many unplayable areas. Access to tee boxes is sloppy and sometimes dangerous. If you attempt to retrieve your ball just off the fairway, you spend the next five minutes cleaning the mud off your shoes. The sand traps are completely unplayable. The members never play out of them. The layout is fine with some unique holes. Nine is stupid from all tee boxes except the back. It's a par five. I'm a 270 driver and am hitting a nine iron into the green from the whites, maybe five iron from the blues. There are harder par fours on this course. I'm a sixteen index and birdie this hole nearly half the time. There are a number of holes where the fairways are so tilted it's nearly impossible to hold. When members are advising you aim towards the rough, something is wrong.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Wow you are a pea brain. It literally says on their website that rates can change at anytime. Having bar, clubhouse and range closed and having to cut down on round s by 40% means less revenue, does that make sense? If rates were kept the same then they wouldn't be able maintain the course like it is and then you would be here probably crying and moaning about the course conditions. Sorry you played a poor round buddy, on behalf of all the members out here go play somewhere else from now on. This place is better off without your sour attitude

Pflugerville, Texas