ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Vastly Improved

Full disclosure, I’m a member here and have been for over a year. The course design is brilliant. There are no bad holes, though there are several hard holes that’ll force you to hit every club in your bag. There are now 4 men’s tee boxes that offer you a chance to find your own sweet spot but it’s a really challenging course from every tee box. Lotsa forced carries, a lot of shaping is required and the prevailing wind needs to help because otherwise you’ll have some 3 shot approach par 4’s.

Kirk is the new General Manager and his assistants Ben, Eric & Ryan are just a lot of fun to be around. Great range with real grass, new carts, a spectacular golf facility that’s been improved 300% over what i thought was already quite nice. Enjoy. -Scott

Excellence

Beautiful place, great atmosphere out there. Each hole is very unique and a great mix of challenging and risk/reward holes with some drastic elevation changes on back 9 and links style hole on front 9. A more challenging course for sure, but one that actually has real architecture and requires strategy and creativity. And for that reason this course is really fun to play. I also love what they've done during the pandemic; letting everyone take their own carts and implementing a system to reduce employee-customer contact. Can't wait to come back

Well Done ShadowGlen

Been a long time since I've been out here, boy has this place gotten better! Greens and course are in phenomenal shape, and they've done a great job at managing to stay open while still taking measures to keep people safe.

Much Improved!

I’ve played SG around 10 times and have seen it go from a tough premier course to being pretty rundown. I was really happy to see that the team there has put some serious time into making improvements that have seriously improved the conditions at the course.

If I’m being nit picky, I would have liked the see the bunkers cleaned up post rain the day before and while the layout is good, it isn’t the best in town. There are a couple awkward par 5s and a couple par 4s that are incredibly difficult to play without recent course knowledge. I remember the greens being almost too slopey, but they seemed slopey, but reasonable this time out.

I think they should also consider converting #9 into a par 4. It is far too easy. That would be fine, but you also have to drive too far backwards to get to the tees coming off #8.

All that being said - I’ll definitely be back.

Love Shadowglen

I play golf twice a week.
This is Top 5 Austin area course
I prefer it over Star Ranch.
Only Falconhead and Grey Rock are better....but Shadowglen is half their price.

Very Good Course Conditions

Considering the heavy rains recently, I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the course. I played my round in just 3 hours and 40 minutes. Pace of play was very good.

Excellent value

I’ve played courses all around the country and have never played a course as good as this one for $28 which is there after 3pm rate. Best public greens in Austin by far and the layout is awesome and on a beautiful piece of land. Staff was friendly and helpful. I’ll be back

Place is PURE but will bring you to your knees

Course is in excellent shape. Layout is awesome a great variety of holes but it is not an easy course. But hats off to them for being open even when they have to close the clubhouse and setup everything outside. For being so busy pace of place was surprisingly not an issue at all

Hidden Gem

Only course in town that isn't closed thought I would give it a try. Greens better than wolf dancer's right now and course and scenery are beautiful. Front 9 flatter and tighter with links style holes back 9 has drastic elevation change with cool drivable par 4 finishing hole. It's challenging layout and really underrated I think this place get overlooked because it doesn't have big fancy clubhouse and it outside of town a bit. But staff was professional and courteous overall good experience

Very Nice Course

Have played this course three times in the past. Each time, it has been a very favorable experience. The greens were in good shape especially at this time of year. One change was switching the holes 1 - 9 to 10 -18, and 10 - 18 to 1 - 9.

Love it

Wow. I hardly recognize this place. Course looks absolutely amazing for early March. Staff was super helpful and pace of play was surprisingly good for such a busy day. I finished in 4 hours and 35 minutes and it was all foursomes out there. On my rotation of courses from now on

Wasted talent

Such a nice pretty place. If only the grounds were cared for. At points it felt like domes just our tee box stakes and flags in a field.

Rained out

I was rained out ... I would like to get a rain check if possible.

Slow front 9 but had a beer or 3 and it was fine

New to area and first time here. The front 9 took close to 3 hours and 15 minutes but overall it was still fun, it's a beautiful course and you're out there with your buddies. I came into the pro shop after 9 to ask for a raincheck since we ran out of time to finish 18 but they could not have been nicer about it. Some of the courses I've been the staff were a******* about it and wouldn't believe me but this guy remembered my tee time and acknowledged that pace of play is something they are working hard to improve.

Always improving

Course looked very green after all the rain this past week. Pace of play was not an issue at all, the marshall out there was very hands on.. Staff was super nice, went out of there way to make sure we had a nice afternoon

Can't wait for next weekend

Challenging walk on a challenging course

The front nine is hilly with some blind shots that could be better played with experience. On #4 aim right as very steep slopes, out of sight, will take the ball to the left. On #7 from the fairway aim for the church steeple to find the green. Course was in good condition for time of year.

Lives up to the hype

Everyone that plays here raves about it; now I see why. Course is really green for this time of year and was in overall great shape. The members I was paired up with were gentleman and staff was helpful and friendly.

I see myself playing here over Star Ranch from now on

Pace of play issues but all in all a great value

I became a member before the end of last year and have really enjoyed seeing the changes they've made out there. Every weekend I come out something is new and improved and the staff really seems to care about the place.

Play has been painfully slow the past few weekends but it's also the busiest this place has ever been as far as I've heard. With how much of a commitment they've shown to improving the place I'm sure they'll solve the slow play issue. And as this course becomes more premium hopefully it will keep out some of the types of golfers that cause issues on the weekends.

Nice course, but not well managed that day

The course has an interesting/challenging layout and was in pretty good shape for early February. Unfortunately, the outing was less enjoyable by the lack of staff attention. There was no starter to join me with the group to which I was assigned. I teed off alone at the appointed time and joined another single. Pace of play was not monitored and we waited for as long as 15 minutes for some shots. The round took almost 5 hours and we finished just before it got too dark to play. I'll go back, but not on a weekend (unless the course makes a concerted effort to staff better).

Best back 9 in ATX

Course was in really good shape, and a really cool layout. Greens were rolling well and not as painfully slow as some other courses in the area, Staff was friendly and just a nice overall vibe out there. Pace of play got a bit slow but that's kind of to be expected at noon on a Saturday.

Can't wait to come back