ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Definitely Renewing Membership for 2020

Hadn’t been out there in a few months and hardly recognized the place. Pro shop looks the best it ever has and clubhouse is as clean and well decorated as it’s ever been—For awhile you could really sense this place was low on cash as you were in the clubhouse but no more. It’s also nice to not have to check in at the bar anymore. Course looks incredible for this time of year, and the new tee boxes really make this course more fun for a lot more people. Heard they’re getting new carts in soon as well, I look forward to that.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Best value in town

Title says it all. Course is challenging and in great shape, and they’ve recently put in a new tee box to make the course more suitable for seniors as well as taken down some trees that were a nuisance before.

Additionally they have a wide range of membership options that are a great deal. The staff is friendly and they’re working hard to improve the place.

Only going to get better!

Commented on 12/17/2019

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

This place just keeps getting better

I have played here for the past few years and have always appreciated the course, and the friendly staff. This course is the best value in the Austin area without a doubt, and now that they have a new general manager and employees everything is improving: course conditions, a greatly expanded selection of merchandise in pro shop, clubhouse, practice area.They are getting new carts in before end of the year which will improve the experience, they have taken down trees to make the course more playable, and added new tee boxes

Commented on 12/16/2019

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club and that you've noticed our improvements. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Best course in the area

I play here regularly. The staff cares about their members. The course is always pretty nice. No complaints, lucky to get to play here often.

gme

Interesting design

Played this course while visiting Austin from the east coast. Really enjoyed the front 9 which is played through the hills and natural terrain, much different then Courses back east. The back nine is more open and a fun change. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I will be back.

Commented on 12/06/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Pay to Play in Austin TX

Can’t say anything negative. Great value. Really good layout and choice of tees. Grill room is comfortable and not trying to be fancy. Great staff made the day for us. Definitely on the courses to return to list

Commented on 12/06/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Shadow Glen Is Getting Even Better

Commented on 12/06/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We're honored that you've noticed all the improvements we've made and that Kirk and the rest of our staff have left a great impression on you. We look forward to seeing you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing to be a part of the ShadowGlen Family!

Changes are Coming

I have been a member of the ShadowGlen Golf Club for over two years. In those two years, significant strides have been made to improve the course and customer relations. First, the course in phenomenal shape and I have seen a magnificent change from when I first started playing at ShadowGlen. Two weeks ago, the course hired Kirk Lohmann as the General Manager. A dedicated pro who understands the inner workings of golf business. This allowed Grant Hutchinson to focus on the course development and Kirk work on the business at hand. In a short two weeks I have seen significant change in the pro shop, the course and customer service. Eric Loll and beverage cart ladies are making strides to bring customer service to a new level. The course?….well its AWESOME! Significant changes on holes 6 and 7 are more golfer friendly and I believe more things are to come! Tee boxes are redone and replaced for faster pace of play. You must come out and see this course now! The prices are competitive to any course in town! Great job ShadowGlen!

Commented on 12/03/2019

Course was good. The front 9 is tougher then the back 9. Be prepared to play into the people in front of you though! The Marshall was a little too uptight for me. Nobody out there is playing for their PGA card. They need to relax and let people enjoy what they have paid for

Commented on 11/27/2019

Love this course.

Shadowglen is a great golf course. The staff is friendly, and the course is kept in good shape. The pacing of the course is reasonable as well.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

No Marshal's

The last 3 times I've played at Shadow Glen there were no Marshals on the 1st tee box. With out someone policing The first tee box everyone just goes up there when they're ready to tee off. This creates a bottleneck and nobody honoring their designated tee times. When I approached the first tee box this Sunday there were two groups ahead of me waiting to tee off and got there with about 5 minutes to spare. When I asked when their tee times were they went on to say nobody was here so we just decided to tee off and in the pro shop when I checked in I asked if there was another twosome that they paired us up with. The attendant said no it was just going to be me and my buddy. But when I got up to the tee box there was a threesome who had the same tee time as us so that left me scratching my head. Our tee time was at 7:23 a.m. and we didn't get the tee off after 7:45 a.m. The staff at Shadow Glen needs to respect the clock. If pace of play is messed up on the first tee box the whole round can suffer.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Great course for the money

Really enjoyed our round at Shadow Glen. Lots of blind tee shots and no gps on the carts so take a gps or use app. Greens were very nice and consistent. Fairways were in great shape. 4 1/2 hr round but it was a Saturday 9am tee time so we knew we might wait a bit. Can’t wait to go back.
There’s a great Mexican restaurant just outside the course that’s open at 7 for breakfast.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Nice layout but the greens could use some TLC

First time playing the course and really liked the layout. The greens weren't bad but I am probably spoiled on some of the places I have played recently. We were a 4 some and there was a group a few ahead of us that really backed things up so we were waiting on every shot. Ended up being a little over 4.5 hours which is a really slow round to me.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Awesome! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you at the course again soon!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Don't schedule a round here if they have a tournament

Excellent golf course, but the pace of play was severely compromised by a scramble golf tournament that teed off right before us. Was a 3 hour front 9 and the back 9 was about 2 1/2 hours. This is a course that could really use a GPS system. A whole lot of blind shots. Would definitely like to play it again when I get back to Austin; but not when they have a tournament happening.

Commented on 10/22/2019

I really enjoy playing on this course

Went I travel to the Austin, Texas area, one of my 'must do's' is to book a round or 2 at Shadow Glen. The Staff is great, very cordial, helpful and friendly. I always say that the courses quality starts with it staff and this course has a great staff. Some say the course is easy, for me as a senior and not that great of golfer anymore, the course has it challenges for sure. Some of the sand traps need TLC, fairways are in good shape, rough is 'really' rough as one would expect. Today, the greens were a bit long, but appears they did aeriate them a while back. I am lucky to be here for a few days so I have booked 2 additional tee times.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Shadow Glen-Course Good, the Rest Just Okay

I love Shadow Glen, the front nine kicks your butt and then the back nine flattens out. The carts were absolutely filthy and I am not that much of a stickler. Range balls looked like they were twice passed down. One of our carts broke down and we had to push it with the other. We called the Pro shop and they said they would send one out. An hour later we called again and from the response from the girl answering the phone I think they forgot about us. They did eventually send out a golf cart. They did not offer any kind of compensation like a free round for our trouble.
There are no bathrooms on the course, not even porta potties. I don’t know what women do.

Maybe they’re running out of money. It’s a shame, because it’s one of my favorite courses.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 10/09/2019