ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Commented on 06/28/2019

Terrific! Come back soon!

Fun Course

I’ve played ShadowGlen 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It’s in great shape, very fun and never too crowded on the weekdays.

Commented on 06/26/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us and that you were able to play at a good pace. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Commented on 06/17/2019

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

tournament issues ruined a great day

We knew the day was going to be very hot so we paid top dollar for an early tee time to play quick, get er done and get off the course. The first 11 holes were superb, quite quick, no waiting and were completed in a little unde r3 hours. We left the 11th green turned the corner and were presented with 2 foursomes waiting on the 12th tee box, someone had released a bunch of people onto the back 9 with little or no thought to those coming through and making the turn. Needless to say the last 6 holes took close to another 3 hours!
We expressed our dissatisfaction in the Pro Shop and the gentlemen there could not have been more professional and apologetic, he gave us a 'rain check; for a future round and the foursome that I organized left the course semi-satisified but still curious as to how someone thought that releasing players onto the back 9 with earlier golfers about to make the turn was a manageable situation.??
I like ShadowGlen, but if not for the professionalism of the guy in the Pro Shop I think we'd be reluctant to return.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize for the slow play on the back nine. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Pace of Play

This course is a great stretch as long as you’re playing on a weekday. It never fails that the pace of play on the weekends are always behind. Today with an 8:44 start, we we’re on the course for 6 hours, and that’s not an exaggeration. The marshal came by once stating he sped up a group and we should get back moving on pace. Needless to say the pace never actually sped up and we didn’t see the Marshall again. To add insult, the water coolers on the course were empty on the back nine. It topped out at over 100 today. I can play in the heat, but at least have water on the course. Again, this course is great on the weekday, but avoid on the weekend unless management can get a better control on the marshal staff and pass of play.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't fully enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate your feedback on our pace of play and water coolers. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve. Thank you again and we hope to have you back again soon!

This course has great ambiance and can be as challenging as you want to make

I like this course very much it has great character and the staff is very friendly and accommodating

Commented on 05/30/2019

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at ShadowGlen!

Not very well maintained.

The reviews from others were positive so we booked a Sunday tee time. It took five hours to make the round. The greens are in generally poor condition with several damaged spots. Tee boxes were in good condition. The range is neglected. It rained the day before and there was occasional water in many areas. The carts operated well but were dirty and not clean. The layout is excellent with many sloping fairways and lots of hills and some water hazards to negotiate. This place needs some TLC and then it would be worth the green fees.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our layout, but we apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to use your review to help us improve. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Challenging holes, not what it used to be

We had a foursome on a Saturday morning. The person at the desk was civil and polite enough but, when I came back shortly later to tell him that the range ball dispensing machine wasn't working, he didn't seem to care about getting us balls (even though the pro managed to come up with a bucket for his student at the same time). So, we just got refunds for the buckets. Besides being a lack of trying to please the customer, it was also bad in the sense that SG is challenging enough that one needs to warm up and see how their shots are going.

The course itself is always a challenge. The greens were pretty nice, the fairways good, but the tees were pretty rough.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that you weren't able to warm up properly. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Love this place

I’m a member and I gotta tell you, I never get tired of playing it. Great design, great greens & fairways despite heavy rainfall recently. The rough was a bit high but they’d had 8” of rain on top of record rainfall this month already. There are some cool holes, especially #3, 7 & 9 plus 12, 13 & 18 on the back. Brilliant holes, great design, major fun! There isn’t a single bad hole out there. Can’t say enough great things about it and I’ve played over 200 courses across the country.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge of our layout. We're honored that you are a member of our course and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

Only 9 holes available

Not a place to play after the storm. Few holes were totally flooded. Staff charged us the same price. Will never come back to this course.

Commented on 05/06/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

My favorite public track in ATX

I’ve played Shadowglen dozens of times, and I continue to come back because the conditions are consistent, the staff is affable, flexible and kind, and the value is undeniable. A tee box for every skill level, and several memorable, well designed holes (the long par threes in particular).
Dollar for dollar this is as good a deal as any public/muny track in greater ATX.

Commented on 05/03/2019

Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon!

If you want a challenge, come play here

It’s a beautiful course and very well maintained. The staff is friendly and busy looking after things so you can have an amazing round of golf. It’s very challenging with lots of blind shots and greens that twist and turn.

Commented on 05/01/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at ShadowGlen!

Below Average

Missed our tee time by 15 minutes bc we were waiting on a cart for 40 mins. Was a first come first serve basis, so more like the Wild West for carts. Course was bare and malnourished. Greens were dead in multiple places and fairways were more rock than grass. Was a 5 hour 20 minute round of 18 with stop and play on every hole. Best advice is to play elsewhere for the money.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations and that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Poor conditions and SLOW

This course has really gone down hill. I haven't played it in a few years and I won't be going back. I don't mind playing courses that are in just ok condition, but this was below average. Lots of overgrown areas and rock hard fairways. If you'd rather be in the rough than the fairway. That's a problem. Greens were fair. This course is difficult, but I like the layout. The main issue was how SLOW it was. Over 5 hours. I took off early on a Friday. Teed off at 1. Parking lot wasn't that crowded. I paired up with another group. I waited on every shot. On the 3rd hole there was a group on the green, the fairway and the tee box when we pulled up. Waited 25 min to tee off. Called the pro shop 3 times. No help. I understand long days on Sunday afternoon but this just wasn't a good experience. I don't write many reviews but you need to do something.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Nice Old Central Texas Layout.

It is a challenging but fun layout. Greens rolled nicely and were true to the line. Hole number 3 was probably the most interesting hole with the green surrounded by trees.

Only negative comment I would make is there were no maps on the scorecard or the course to show the layout of the course. Was difficult at times to know where to hit.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the round.

Commented on 04/08/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We're also pleased that our greens met your expectations. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Great golf course in a great neighborhood.

Shadow Glen is a well designed golf course. One of the nices course in town. No that many houses build around the golf course. Fairway is nice and the green is great. Come out and try it!!!

Commented on 04/03/2019

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and that our conditions met your expectations. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round with us at ShadowGlen!

I'll definitely be back

Tough, but fair course. It was in fantastic shape. The staff were perfect.

Commented on 04/11/2019

Excellent! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at ShadowGlen!

A challenge for your game

This course is tough from the start. You will have to use many clubs, figure where to place your shots, and make tough up and downs. The course is hilly and challenging with water coming into play on several holes. Move up a tee box in windy conditions. The course is in good shape for March and the greens were fine. The staff was very nice to us and we enjoyed our round.

Commented on 04/03/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Need Work

Played Saturday for the first time in decades. The course and greens were as hard as a rock, due to lack of rain and, apparently, lack of watering.

This course needs redesign to be worth playing for the average player. I'm really tired of Hill Country courses where if you miss the fairway your ball is either lost or unplayable. Cut down some trees, widen the fairways, enlarge the greens, get rid of some bunkers. Either that or water it and grow the rough so it stops a ball before it rolls into oblivion.

In no hurry to return. Nice people, though.

Commented on 03/29/2019

Omigosh! My review was not intended for ShadowGlen, it was intended for GreyRock. Whoever can delete it is authorized to do so. So sorry for the mistake.

Commented on 03/27/2019

Thank you for your review! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you, but we apologize that you didn't enjoy our course. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Great course!

Love this course and the staff. Very friendly and a great round of golf! Beautiful

Commented on 03/26/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at ShadowGlen!

Pflugerville, Texas
Hutto, Texas
Round Rock, Texas

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.