Wolfdancer Golf Club

• 575 Hyatt Lost Pines Rd , Lost Pines, TX 78612
  • www.wolfdancergolfclub.com

Year built: 2006
Architect(s): Arthur Hills (2006), Steve Forrest & Associates (2006)
Type: Public

Caddies: Yes

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf etiquette and attire are required

Location is at a resort worth the drive near the airport   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Best Course in the Austin Area"

hypart's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

I played a few courses while in Austin for a week and this was by far the best. Greens were a little slow but I think this was due to seeding for the winter. Everything else was perfect.

"Fantastic Experience"

u000003119819's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

First time playing Wolfdancer after a couple of invites and cancelled opportunities. Prettiest course I've played in Texas (and I've played most of them). Very challenging and very long. Rough is really rough (not in a bad way, in a you're-going-to-lose-some-balls-way). Greens are in perfect shape but undulating. Everything was in perfect shape. I feel like I played well but still put up triple digits. Didn't care though, because it's pretty as can be and hard not to have a good time. Good pace of play, everyone friendly, and hard not to love.

Shall34's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

"Wolfdancer is pure Austin golf at its finest!"

zbuechner4's avatar
Atlanta Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Driving deep into the resort at Wolfdancer, you may feel like you're lost just before you arrive at the cabin-style clubhouse. Once you park, however, you realize how special this piece of property is. I particularly enjoyed the layout of the entire golf facility in that it didn't seem to feel like they cleared a lot of land before building.The practice areas, clubhouse, and course are all nestled within the trees and carved naturally into the terrain that it sits on. The course itself has so much variety including a risk/reward drivable par-4, short and longer par-3's and plenty of fantastic views throughout! The toughest part of the golf course is its native grass which was, at the time we played, grown to about 3 feet in height and swallowed up quite a few golf balls on this particular outing. The greens were rolling quite well and moderately fast for a resort course. Thanks to Brandon Tucker & Kelly O' Donnell for being such great hosts! It was a fantastic day of golf!

"Fun to get back to a TX favorite"

BrandonTuckerGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

It's been nearly a year since I last visited Wolfdancer. If it were just a little closer to the city center, I'd play here a lot more. But the good news is the Hwy 71 flyover has been completed, so you can shave a few minutes off the drive if you take the tollway bypass just past the airport.

That's not the only difference since last time I came out to Lost Pines. I noticed they've shaved some native areas down here and there so it's a little more playable. Greens were good but not lightning fast. I played it between the staging of the girls & boys UIL 5A state championships and noticed it is in fact a walking course with walking paths cut from greens to tees something you might not think about (at least when it's hot out). Maybe I'll try it next time (a few members do regularly).

I also played the white tees this time around (we were expecting some wind, which came on the back nine) and the course is definitely more manageable (6,300 yards) vs. the Blues which can be a beast (especially on the 13th tee).

I've written before that Wolfdancer is the best course you can play in the Austin area that doesn't require a hotel stay and has some of the best terrain for golf anywhere in Texas. And that continues to ring true each time I come.

"Excellent Course"

kman1616's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2017

I'm a 15 handicap from Northern Va, play 30-40 times a year. Played a lot of courses and this has the making of a country club feel. With me, it's usually all about how well the greens are, and this course has them in spectacular shape. But the entire course, not just the greens, were in spectacular shape. My pace of play was awesome but it was probably because it was 60 out and I guess in Texas that will keep some indoors. It was windy, and the course was very challenging around the greens ....but seemed to be pretty friendly off the tee.

Highly reccomend this course and would recommend practicing your short game before playing. Also had great staff. Only complaint was food and beverage places were closed and on course water tastes terrible but who cares about that, book your tee time you'll love it!

"Highly Recommend"

mbartels1212's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I was in Austin for a short period but wanted to play some golf. I found this course highly recommended through Golf Advisor and it lived up to its recommendation. The staff was beyond friendly, the course played tough but it was a cold windy day, and the pro shop was very nice. You can walk this course, front nine would be easier than the back nine. If you playing a full 18 I would recommend riding. There was a lot of scenery that was very pretty.. I didn't get to experience the off course amenities but they looked very nice. If your in the area I would recommend playing this course. There is a driving range and they had speakers on some of the trees playing some good music.

"Outstanding Course"

ss75223834's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

This is one of the best maintained courses I've played in the past 5 years.

It rained the entire night of our stay and we had a 8:00 tee time the next morning and the course was in incredible condition. It was cart path only, but it was a nice overcast day and we had a great time. We decided to play other 18 for just $30, which is a steal.

Commented on 09/30/2016

ss75223834,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are glad you had a great round, and that you found value in the course.

Wolfdancer Golf Management

"Top Notch...worth the wait!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2016

Finally got the chance to play this course after relocating to the area. Impressed by the freindly, welcoming attitude of the entire staff. The practice facilities were excellent from the multiple chipping areas to the putting greens and the driving range. The golf course did not disappoint . Beautiful and challenging. Lots of slope and undulation on the greens. Well placed bunkering . Take advantage of GPS distances. Tricky and difficult if you miss in the wrong places. Play the correct tees for maximum enjoyment. Special thanks to Robin on the course for keeping the cold beverages coming on a hot, muggy, summer day. Hill country golf at its finest!! Looking forward to the rematch

Commented on 09/08/2016

Couldn't agree more - I drive down from Dallas to play and this course has become my favorite!

Commented on 09/02/2016

u000004975958,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! We appreciate you recognizing the quality of our staff. Thank you for describing the course as "beautiful and challenging." We look forward to your next visit soon!

"WOW!!"

Remyboykc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2016

A great course! Challenging from the start. Bring your best game and enjoy this gem. Long holes, short par 3's that are terrific, and bunkers that must be avoided. Worth the trip, will definitely go back (I live in Seattle).

Commented on 08/24/2016

Remyboykc,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Wolfdancer Golf Management

"Great track, fantastic staff!"

rayman413's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

What a great course! We came in town for a bachelor party and everything was top notch. The staff, most notably, was amazing. First time playing Texas golf, and my only compliant was that it was unbelievably hot. I get why the course wasn't packed on a Thursday at 1PM.

Anyways, the course was in great shape. The staff was 5 star. Everything from the guys handling the bags, to the folks in the pro shop, to the starter and those working on the grounds... everyone was so accommodating, super friendly, just all around, kudos to the staff for making us feel welcome.

Do yourself a favor and go play Wolfdancer if you're in the area.

Commented on 08/19/2016

rayman413,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! We are glad we were your first choice for your party of people. We are also happy to see you recognize the quality of our staff. We hope you visit again soon!

"I love wolf dancer"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2016

I have played a lot of golf in my life and this course tanks up there as one of my favorites. I played this course on a Tuesday so there were very few people on the course. Pace of play was whatever I wanted it to be. The course was in great shape and had an interesting mix of holes that were challenging and fun. Staff was super friendly and polite. Must play if you live around Austin!

Commented on 07/11/2016

u000006144453,

Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are honored you consider the course one of your favorites! We are glad you find the course challenging but fun. Come visit us again soon!

"One of the best!"

cartercollum's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2016

Awesome course! The staff couldn't have been nicer. Course condition was perfect. Can't wait to go back.

Commented on 07/06/2016

cartercollum,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are happy you recognized the quality of our staff. We look forward to your next visit soon!

"Good experience"

titanone's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2016

Real neat amenities....GPS was very useful...staff very nice...course well kept and fun to play

Commented on 07/06/2016

titanone,

Thank you for the great 4-Star review! We are glad you had a fun round and enjoyed our amenities. Come play again soon!

"Solid Resort Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

One of my favorite local courses. Can get a little slow due to the resort style of play but the lay-out is great and it has some incredible views of the Texas countryside. Course was in good shape overall and the greens were average.

If you can find a deal online then this is well worth the time to visit.

Commented on 06/23/2016

bpgeorge25,

Thank you for the wonderful 4-Star review! We are glad you found value in the course, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Come play again soon!

"Great Resort Course"

smmscp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Really enjoyed my round here. Teed off @ 8:30 and done by 11:30. Nice variety of holes. Great vistas all around.

Commented on 06/13/2016

smmscp

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the scenery and had a good pace of play. Come play again soon!

"Can't Go Wrong"

txbrewer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Have not played here in over a year and as always did not disappoint. Got up early and found a great deal on GolfNow and played for over half off the regular rate. Got to the course early, especially since I drove over from Houston and checked in. Was going to go to the range but they let me tee off an hour earlier. Course is in great shape even with the greens recently having work done. They rolled a little slower then the other times I played. Only had a single in front of me and I took my time and actually played two balls the whole round. Great lay out and requires you to keep the ball in the fairway, rough is up right now. Great scenery and weather wise good not have asked for a better day in June. If you have not played Wolfdancer I highly recommend it.

Commented on 06/10/2016

txbrewer,

Thank you for the great 4-Star review! We are happy to see you out on the course again!

We appreciate you recognizing out great course conditions, too. Come play again soon with friends & family!

Wolfdancer Management

"First Time Playing in Poor Weather"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

I love this course in general. It's always one of my favorites in the Austin area. This was the first time I've played the course in the rain. It was a pretty heavy downpour. Regardless of the rain--and the amount of rain we've received recently--I was impressed with how quickly the course drained.

The staff is always friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Commented on 06/07/2016

u000001269255,

Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are glad you had a good round despite the rain. Our drainage does well. Come play again soon under clear skies!

"Overrated"

Michael1262461's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I've played better courses for half of the $140 fee at Wolfdancer. Perfect shots get punished by a frustrating layout, like trees overhanging into the middle of the fairway. Grass was pretty high on the tee boxes and fairways. Native grasses are everywhere, swallowing golf balls. Greens rolled well, I'll give them that. Go to Lions or Falconhead for a less expensive, more enjoyable round.

Commented on 06/03/2016

Dear Michael1262461,

We apologize that the course's difficulty proved troublesome for you. We would love to know, what tees did you decide to play? At Wolfdancer, five different sets of tees allows all golfers to enjoy the layout, normally without frustration. We hope the next time you play your experience is better. Give Wolfdancer another chance, we are confident you will come to enjoy the challenging layout.