Wolfdancer Golf Club

Year Built 2006

Dress code Proper golf etiquette and attire are required

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Spa, Locker Rooms

Perfect and challenging for all

Beautiful course one of my favorites. Crazy hole #6 par 3 (153 yrds) amazing contours and no way you can keep the ball on the left side

Commented on 12/09/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to learn Wolfdancer Golf Club is one of your favorite golf experiences. Be sure to book your next round with us soon!

Such a fantastic layout. Two different conditions (rolling hills and river valley) on one great course. Greens are smooth and true

Commented on 12/17/2019

We're glad you enjoyed the course layout as well as the greens! Be sure to book another tee time soon.

Tees we’re getting maintenance- but Fairways and greens were very good. Leaves were falling faster than the ground crew could blow them off - so easy to lose it in fairway or rough. A few funky holes, but seems like a nice resort.

Commented on 12/17/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Texas Advisor

Tricky but beautiful views in Bastrop

Wolfdancer presents an excellent challenge to golfers of all abilities. The course is part of the Hyatt Lost pines resort and there is a nice winding drive from the entrance of the resort to the club house.

I've played here over 12 times with a competitive group that gets a special rate, which makes playing extremely good value. The course maintenance, honestly, has been up and down over the last few years, however just recently it seems like it has taken a turn for the better. The greens have been in magnificent shape recently.

The course is contrasting. The front nine is relatively wide and open off the tee with a few scorable par 5s, depending on the wind. The back 9 closes in on you with some tight fairways that require accuracy off the tee. The greens have been slick and fast recently, and do require some fore-knowledge. Across both 9s there are slopes and tricks off the tee that require local knowledge as well. The par 5 5th doesn't necesarily require a driver off the tee and you'd have to hit a perfect 2nd to reach the green in 2. Three shot hole.

The course isn't without it's problems the par 3 6th green needs complete re-doing - if the pin is in a bad place you can have an uphill 3 foot putt, that if you miss will end up back at your feet or further. Same with the 2nd hole.

All in all though a fantastic course that you have to think your way around.

Excellent proshop
Excellent driving range
Putting greens are very sloped - which when one things about it is appropriate to the course.
Make sure you get parking validation at the proshop.
Not walkable

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge Wolfdancer Golf Club offers to all skill levels. Be sure to book another tee time soon!

Dancer Shines

The Wolfdancer shined on this Sunday round. My 2nd time playing the course and it was immaculate. Greens were fast and rolled true to form. Fairways have been over seeded and are coming in nice. A few tee boxes have been played a lot and are heavily sanded but really nitpicking here amongst the nicest courses. The layout, amenities and everything are top notch. Get a parking voucher from the clubhouse so you don’t have to pay for the parking. Just go play and enjoy, so nice to see the Dancer back from what the greens were last year.

Commented on 12/17/2019

We're glad you came back to Wolfdancer Golf Club for a second round! We hope to see you out here more often in 2020.

Commented on 12/17/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wolfdancer Golf Club!

I had a great time at Wolfdancer and the staff was nothing but friendly. From the time I pulled in till the time I left they were very accommodating and friendly. The course was in great shape. I think they were overseeding the tee boxes so they had them cut down really low which had pretty much killed the summer grass I am thinking so they could get the winter grass to take but that was only a visual thing as the tee boxes were in great shape and the greens looked and putted very well.

WD Oct 19

Very nice course and facilities. The staff was extremely friendly. I played the mid tees and the course still played long with a couple par fives at 585 &575 yds.
Fairways are wide enough to be forgiving for drives slightly off target.

Only Missing a Windmill and Clown Mouth

They should be ashamed for charging $$$ for this "resort ciurse"

Wolfdancer - WOW

We drove to play Wolfdancer from San Antonio. Great Course. Let's get the negative out of the way. Replay Rate higher than most. Lack food and refreshments was noticeable. Tee Boxes were a little shabby. Now for the good stuff, it was a beautiful course, very challenging layout from the Blue Tees (6800 yards) and it played every bit of it. Greens were well kept, fairways beautiful. We had a 2some in front of us that was playing slow and never let us play thru, we got to the turn and did NOT get anything to eat or drink as we did not want the 3some behind us to play thru. This was a MAJOR mistake for us. After the round we paid for the replay and asked about something to eat and drink. Pro Shop said the station at #1/10 was closed and the cart girl was running. We asked that let her know we were hungry. :) After 5 holes we realized the cart girl was gone so we called the pro shop, they said they were trying to contact her. 2 holes later the Marshal drove up with a sack that had gator-aid, water, chips and candy bars. He said that the Cart girl had left for the day and they brought us the bag and they did not charge us for any of it. THAT is customer service!!! This is a GREAT resort course and well worth the drive.

Cool Name Great Course

Staff met us in parking lot with a cart. Loaded our bags and wiped our clubs. Met us and made sure we got to warm up area after walking us to check in. Brand new golf carts , gps flat screen, complimentary players towels. Marshal met us check in area with ice cold bottles of water for. The on cart cooler already iced up and then gave us a metal club bag tag. service was better than my private country club. The course is very well laid out no houses visible anywhere and open country views, you can barely see other holes and you feel like every hole is private island. With lots of open vistas. Refill water coolers every tee. Wolf dancer and Falconhead my two favorite public courses in Austin but I fell in love with the WOLF!

I really enjoy playing this course. The staff is friendly and course was in really good shape.

Anonymous

Wolfdancer@ golf course

As usual the course and staff exceed my expectations.

Awesome coarse, great people, great challenge!! Will definitely be back soon!!

Tame the wolf

The course quality for the cost is unbeatable in the Austin area. This course has an excellent staff from the pro shop to the greenskeepers. I will be playing here again for sure .

Beautiful course. Great value

Played in the afternoon. Rate was a steal. Beautiful course. Challenging but fair. Favorite course around Austin.

99 degree round

Course is fair with accuracy at a premium into greens. Pace of play was a bit slow due to holiday weekend. Greens rolled good but had been sanded two weeks prior. Sand traps are poorly maintained with weeds, grass and lack of raking. Golfers contribute to the poor maintenance due to their condition. I expected more from a Hyatt Resort course. All can be resolved with attention.

Bastrop, Texas
Bastrop, Texas
Manor, Texas

Valid dates: Aug 01, 2019 - Dec 31, 2020
Getaway and play the most golf possible at the lowest price around. Play unlimited Scottsdale, AZ golf from $79 per golfer/night (including golf & lodging!).