Wolfdancer Golf Club

Year Built 2006

Dress code Proper golf etiquette and attire are required

Not fun.

Difficult course, challenging for low handicappers. Beautiful par 3, s. Lots of blind shots. Didn’t know where to aim off tee box on a lot of holes. Did not enjoy playing the course. Golf carts were awesome as well as were the practice areas. Too pricey for an unenjoyable round.

This was a great course to play. I will definitely return to play here again. The layout was great, the greens were well kept. The greens were also fast with a lot of movement. Challenging course but fun none the less.

Can’t wait for spring to warm up

The greens are slicker than snot on a glass door knob! Not bad for pre-spring conditions. When it’s windy this course is at its best. It will definitely humble you.

Spectacular track

Great course. Fast greens, beautiful fairways, well manicured. Very challenging but fair if you pick the right tee box. Something for every golfer at Wolfdancer. You need to play it twice to really get a feel for the course. I would recommend this course to everyone.

Worth the drive from downtown Austin

Challenging track in great condition for mid-winter. Fast and true greens. Very friendly staff. Front nine is hilly and difficult. Back nine is fairly flat and allows you to make up a few strokes you left on the front nine. Well worth the drive from downtown Austin.

Tough course on a windy day.

Staff was not on their A game. Had to search for someone to get a cart and range balls. The course was pretty tough on a very windy day. Fast greens 11.5-12. The course was in expected shape for mid winter golf. Overall I enjoyed the course and would play it again. I paid twilight rates but probably would not be willing to play for more than that.

Best Course in the Austin Area

I played a few courses while in Austin for a week and this was by far the best. Greens were a little slow but I think this was due to seeding for the winter. Everything else was perfect.

Fantastic Experience

First time playing Wolfdancer after a couple of invites and cancelled opportunities. Prettiest course I've played in Texas (and I've played most of them). Very challenging and very long. Rough is really rough (not in a bad way, in a you're-going-to-lose-some-balls-way). Greens are in perfect shape but undulating. Everything was in perfect shape. I feel like I played well but still put up triple digits. Didn't care though, because it's pretty as can be and hard not to have a good time. Good pace of play, everyone friendly, and hard not to love.

Atlanta Advisor

Wolfdancer is pure Austin golf at its finest!

Driving deep into the resort at Wolfdancer, you may feel like you're lost just before you arrive at the cabin-style clubhouse. Once you park, however, you realize how special this piece of property is. I particularly enjoyed the layout of the entire golf facility in that it didn't seem to feel like they cleared a lot of land before building.The practice areas, clubhouse, and course are all nestled within the trees and carved naturally into the terrain that it sits on. The course itself has so much variety including a risk/reward drivable par-4, short and longer par-3's and plenty of fantastic views throughout! The toughest part of the golf course is its native grass which was, at the time we played, grown to about 3 feet in height and swallowed up quite a few golf balls on this particular outing. The greens were rolling quite well and moderately fast for a resort course. Thanks to Brandon Tucker & Kelly O' Donnell for being such great hosts! It was a fantastic day of golf!

Fun to get back to a TX favorite

It's been nearly a year since I last visited Wolfdancer. If it were just a little closer to the city center, I'd play here a lot more. But the good news is the Hwy 71 flyover has been completed, so you can shave a few minutes off the drive if you take the tollway bypass just past the airport.

That's not the only difference since last time I came out to Lost Pines. I noticed they've shaved some native areas down here and there so it's a little more playable. Greens were good but not lightning fast. I played it between the staging of the girls & boys UIL 5A state championships and noticed it is in fact a walking course with walking paths cut from greens to tees something you might not think about (at least when it's hot out). Maybe I'll try it next time (a few members do regularly).

I also played the white tees this time around (we were expecting some wind, which came on the back nine) and the course is definitely more manageable (6,300 yards) vs. the Blues which can be a beast (especially on the 13th tee).

I've written before that Wolfdancer is the best course you can play in the Austin area that doesn't require a hotel stay and has some of the best terrain for golf anywhere in Texas. And that continues to ring true each time I come.

Excellent Course

I'm a 15 handicap from Northern Va, play 30-40 times a year. Played a lot of courses and this has the making of a country club feel. With me, it's usually all about how well the greens are, and this course has them in spectacular shape. But the entire course, not just the greens, were in spectacular shape. My pace of play was awesome but it was probably because it was 60 out and I guess in Texas that will keep some indoors. It was windy, and the course was very challenging around the greens ....but seemed to be pretty friendly off the tee.

Highly reccomend this course and would recommend practicing your short game before playing. Also had great staff. Only complaint was food and beverage places were closed and on course water tastes terrible but who cares about that, book your tee time you'll love it!

Highly Recommend

I was in Austin for a short period but wanted to play some golf. I found this course highly recommended through Golf Advisor and it lived up to its recommendation. The staff was beyond friendly, the course played tough but it was a cold windy day, and the pro shop was very nice. You can walk this course, front nine would be easier than the back nine. If you playing a full 18 I would recommend riding. There was a lot of scenery that was very pretty.. I didn't get to experience the off course amenities but they looked very nice. If your in the area I would recommend playing this course. There is a driving range and they had speakers on some of the trees playing some good music.

Outstanding Course

This is one of the best maintained courses I've played in the past 5 years.
It rained the entire night of our stay and we had a 8:00 tee time the next morning and the course was in incredible condition. It was cart path only, but it was a nice overcast day and we had a great time. We decided to play other 18 for just $30, which is a steal.

Commented on 09/30/2016

ss75223834,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are glad you had a great round, and that you found value in the course.

Wolfdancer Golf Management

Top Notch...worth the wait!!

Finally got the chance to play this course after relocating to the area. Impressed by the freindly, welcoming attitude of the entire staff. The practice facilities were excellent from the multiple chipping areas to the putting greens and the driving range. The golf course did not disappoint . Beautiful and challenging. Lots of slope and undulation on the greens. Well placed bunkering . Take advantage of GPS distances. Tricky and difficult if you miss in the wrong places. Play the correct tees for maximum enjoyment. Special thanks to Robin on the course for keeping the cold beverages coming on a hot, muggy, summer day. Hill country golf at its finest!! Looking forward to the rematch

Commented on 09/08/2016

Couldn't agree more - I drive down from Dallas to play and this course has become my favorite!

Commented on 09/02/2016

u000004975958,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! We appreciate you recognizing the quality of our staff. Thank you for describing the course as "beautiful and challenging." We look forward to your next visit soon!

WOW!!

A great course! Challenging from the start. Bring your best game and enjoy this gem. Long holes, short par 3's that are terrific, and bunkers that must be avoided. Worth the trip, will definitely go back (I live in Seattle).

Commented on 08/24/2016

Remyboykc,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Wolfdancer Golf Management

Great track, fantastic staff!

What a great course! We came in town for a bachelor party and everything was top notch. The staff, most notably, was amazing. First time playing Texas golf, and my only compliant was that it was unbelievably hot. I get why the course wasn't packed on a Thursday at 1PM.

Anyways, the course was in great shape. The staff was 5 star. Everything from the guys handling the bags, to the folks in the pro shop, to the starter and those working on the grounds... everyone was so accommodating, super friendly, just all around, kudos to the staff for making us feel welcome.

Do yourself a favor and go play Wolfdancer if you're in the area.

Commented on 08/19/2016

rayman413,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! We are glad we were your first choice for your party of people. We are also happy to see you recognize the quality of our staff. We hope you visit again soon!

I love wolf dancer

I have played a lot of golf in my life and this course tanks up there as one of my favorites. I played this course on a Tuesday so there were very few people on the course. Pace of play was whatever I wanted it to be. The course was in great shape and had an interesting mix of holes that were challenging and fun. Staff was super friendly and polite. Must play if you live around Austin!

Commented on 07/11/2016

u000006144453,

Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are honored you consider the course one of your favorites! We are glad you find the course challenging but fun. Come visit us again soon!

One of the best!

Awesome course! The staff couldn't have been nicer. Course condition was perfect. Can't wait to go back.

Commented on 07/06/2016

cartercollum,

Thank you for the fantastic 5-Star review! We are happy you recognized the quality of our staff. We look forward to your next visit soon!

Good experience

Real neat amenities....GPS was very useful...staff very nice...course well kept and fun to play

Commented on 07/06/2016

titanone,

Thank you for the great 4-Star review! We are glad you had a fun round and enjoyed our amenities. Come play again soon!

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900