Type Public/Resort
Scorecard for Pine Dunes
Gold M: 74.1/131 391 348 160 463 501 254 443 389 551 3500 439 605 204 426 434 344 178 475 512 3617 7117
Blue M: 71.3/126 376 314 130 432 469 225 409 360 512 3227 403 575 164 395 394 311 154 434 480 3310 6537
White M: 68.1/119 319 270 108 399 436 188 367 314 465 2866 355 521 130 355 348 287 124 399 434 2953 5819
Red W: 72.0/127 287 232 88 370 400 176 325 263 428 2569 317 450 99 324 318 263 105 295 410 2581 5150

Year Built 2001
Architect Jay Morrish (2001) Carter Morrish (2001)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 9

Piney Woods!

Nice course, greens in great shape. Fairways too. Traps ok. A little pricey on weekends ($96). Staff limited. Love the sound of hitting driver through these towering pines.

Great Experience

First time playing this course that has been on my list for a few years. The course was in fantastic shape except for the bunkers, which were quite inconsistent. Some bunkers were very hard with minimal groomed sand, which kept me from giving an overall excellent rating. The greens were in superb condition. Well worth the drive for anyone willing to drive a few hours to play a great course.

Texas Advisor

Pine Dunes

Possibly my favorite course to play in Texas. I would play here every week if I could. Course is currently in fantastic shape! From tee to green it was hard to find things wrong with the course. Massive pine trees and natural waste areas make this course seem like you are not playing in Texas. The rough is long and will punish wayward shots. There is not much around this course so I would recommend eating at the course.

BEAUTIFUL COURSE!!

Got a tip from a buddy to play this on my way down to houston from chicago. I have played tpc deere run, cog hill, medinah, erin hills, whistling straits. This course is better than two of those names and can hang with the others, but for $39 dollars it takes the cake.. Tipped it out, and it was very challenging. Saw herds of deer on 6 of the 18 holes. Well kept, and i am sure its not easy with all of the nature. If you have a natural draw you will play well. Will be back and would recommend to anyone.

Great Course, but over priced

This is a great course, out in the middle of "nowhere East Texas". Great course, but greens fees are way to high for the effort it takes to get there.

We stayed in a condo on the course for 3 days; over priced, but there is nothing else within 45 minutes.

Stay and Play

Just finished a 3 day stay and play at Pine Dunes. This is the nicest course you will find at this time of the year. I've never seen a course so green in mid July in Texas. From tee to green this course is in absolutely perfect shape. There is not a single flaw I could pick out. The cabins are perfect for guests that are looking for a clean place to sleep and play the next day. I could not say enough nice things about the course, the condos or the staff. Everything was absolutely perfect. Greens are 10/10 minus a few divots people didn't fill in. Absolutely perfect weekend. I'm looking forward to staying again next year.

Probably the best course I have ever played!!!

My overview experience with the course was great. The course was in almost perfect condition. It had rained the night before but you could tell it had because the course drain very well. Challenging course. Only complaint I had was that the club attendant gave our tee time away to someone that rescheduled from an hour earlier. He acted like I didn't have a tee time and when I showed him my email confirmation he acted oh well. He told us that the was an opening 45 minutes later he could have. Funny thing was that we were the first ones on the course at almost 9 due to others being afraid of the rain, but we could have our schedule tee time. Anyways we got to play and it was a great course, a little overpriced for a 3 hour drive from dallas area.

Great Golf Course

Pine Dunes has received a lot of praise and for the most part it is well deserved. The layout is beautiful and the course itself is isolated, peaceful and surrounded by raw wilderness. The greens are firm and fast and roll true. It is not a luxury facility and there are few paved cart paths. That lends to part of the mystique. However, the conditions are spotty in many areas and you can see that the maintenance has been suffering, maybe to a lack of funds. The stay and play facilities are very plain and not really on the same level as the course would indicate. Overall, it is a great place to get away and enjoy pure golf. When you start to rate a course as "one of the best in Texas" the quality of the conditioning will need to be factored in and Pine Dunes does not feature some of the great tour quality conditions of hundreds of Texas tracts.

A challenge

Course easier to those players who draw their tee shot. Greens are very large so practice your long lag putts before teeing off. Back nine a little easier then front.

Very nice

This is a very nice course and very much worth the effort! Be prepared it will test you in every area of your game. The proshop and sandwich shop are small but a very nice place.

Best course in East Texas

This course is one of the best public courses in East Texas. It has something for everyone. It can be one of the more challenging courses and the layout is one of the nicest in the area!

Terrific

Very simply one of the best golf courses I've played for the money anywhere in the country. Just a gem. This place is no frills when it comes to the pro shop and clubhouse but I came to play golf. Such a great experience I got a hotel room in Tyler and played it again the next day. Will be back at least once a year. From out of State.

Hmmm course conditions should reflect price

Normally I enjoy the course just not today. Water was in most of the bunkers, debris covered majority of the tee boxes and tree limbs & debris scattered through out the fairways. I understand weather caused this but like the title states.. course conditions should reflect pricing. I shouldn't have to search under branches tree limbs etc on the fairway to locate my ball. I'd still recommend playing just maybe not after poor weather.

Pine Dunes

Course is being upgraded somewhat. More care of hazards and removal of brush. On course bathroom facilities have yet to be addressed.

Put It On Your Playlist

If you haven't played this course, you need to make the trip. Could very well be one of the top 5 or 10 in Texas! There isn't a bad hole on the course and each set of tees provides a challenge. Good players can tip it out and have all they can handle. Exceptional layout!

Fantastic greens

Played at 7:30 as a single. Since it was cold and recent rain on the course I played the White tees. Course was still a little challenging for me. Greens were being mowed just before I hit into most greens so it took a little longer to play the round. Greens rolled perfectly and were very smooth. Fairways were wide enough to hit driver on most holes. A few did require less than driver to stay short of hazards. Saw the marshal on a couple of holes even though there were very few golfers out. Friendly and helpful staff. Will play again when We are in the area.

Best public course in Texas

This is the best course in Texas hands down

A treat!

Played on a Friday at 8am in the morning. Pouring down rain for quite a bit, but course and greens held up fantastic! Very enjoyable course! Will go back once a year going forward!

Best Course in East Texas

This is one of the best courses with an excellent practice area in Texas. I would recommend this course for everyone to play. The prices are a little high for the area and distance you have to travel to get there, but if you can get a Hot Deal or a discount for play, take it, it is worth it. I wish the course was closer to me so I could play it more. The course stays in great shape and the greens are some of the best I've played on.

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club