Old Brickyard Golf Course
Scorecard for Old Brickyard
Gold M: 70.8/127 368 501 359 172 562 184 468 207 332 3153 553 348 419 177 364 136 396 348 399 3140 6293
Blue M: 69.5/122 339 455 335 150 542 166 468 167 310 2932 530 324 399 148 330 124 429 330 381 2995 5927
White M: 66.9/116 W: 72.3/124 339 431 335 150 500 142 450 138 310 2795 375 324 305 148 330 124 396 330 325 2657 5452
Red W: 66.7/112 249 321 220 128 454 142 383 138 243 2278 375 236 305 136 227 83 290 241 307 2200 4478

Year Built 2000
Greens Tif Eagle Grass
Architect John Ponko (2000)

Terrible slow pace

Front of us were terrible slow pace group which are 5 sum 3 group tournament.
Course staff accepted their reservation.
It was quit disappointed.

Nice Round at Old Brickyard

Played the Old Brickyard yesterday with my group of girls and it was in great shape. The greens and fairways were better than most of the courses we have played this year. I really like the course because it is unlike anything around the area with the undulating fairways and elevations changes that no other courses have. They did have a landslide on hole 6, with all the rain we have had this spring that went over the cart path on part of the hole but you just drive around it to play the hole. I asked in the shop after the round when they we going to fix it and they said just as soon as it quits raining. The gentleman in the pro shop said it has been schedule to be repaired twice but the rain keeps forcing them to cancel and reschedule. I'm sure that is true, my group I play with had to cancel over half of our play days in the last 3 months because of rain or the course is closed because of to much rain. Anyway we had a great time and will return again soon.
Also, a big Thank You to the staff for the cleanliness of the ladies bathroom, it was great!! We can't just go pee around the side of a bush or tree like the men do????

Rough.

WOW this place is a dump and they brag about being the best course in Ellis County....Mudslides, unsafe cart paths. DUMP! Drive 20 minuets north and play a course in Dallas County.

Closed?!?

Booked my tee time on golf now and when I arrived at the course, no one was there! I waited about 20 minutes passed my tee time and still nothing. Cut my losses on my $5.39 and went and played at Country View in Lancaster.

worth the drive

30 min drive....

Biggest complaint is the cart path - none in some places and very bumpy in others.....

The cart i had was so fast - it could tip over if driving recklessly.....

Love the layout....

greens were fast...

Way to go Old Brickyard!!!

Played the Old Brickyard today and it was in great shape. Course conditions were impressive, fairways were above average and the greens were the best that I have played anywhere in Dallas so far this year. Service was good, I saw the beverage cart 3 times during my round and pro shop staff were friendly. Still can't figure out how to play hole 10, its one of the best par 5 in the area and it gets me almost every time...Love the layout with all the elevation changes and hole 5 has a great view of the downtown Dallas skyline.....Thanks for making my Saturday a great day!!!

Brickyard

The course markers were not true today. Hard to get to next hole. I’ve never had this problem before. It’s a challenging course and in the past has been lots of fun

Wasted 40 minute drive...

I NEVER write reviews but I can't help myself. 1) I wasted $25 and 2)Drove 40 minutes from Plano. The previous reviews were highly inaccurate. So let me paint a real picture. If you can imagine a hilly cow pasture with a few flags spread out...this describes Old Brickyard Golf Course. Surprisingly the greens actually roll pretty true but are pretty beat up. This course needs a lot of TLC to be called a golf course.

Over Booked

Great Coarse but they overbooked for that day we waited longer than we actually played.

First round 2019 !!

Yes, This was my first round of the year. And it was surprisingly good. The Course, the course. This is not a beginners tract in my opinion. The greens, fairways, and Tee boxes where very well maintained. Cart girls came around three times.
Our group of four played the first hole. That's where you should get the butterflies out, if any. I had a few since it was my first time here and the layout was completely different than any course I have ever played. Front nine are all different approach shots, greens where fast and true, except for a few on the back nine. The course will challenge your ego and your skill. Not as long ,but the elevations make up for that easily. If you haven't played in a while like myself at least pick up every club and get some practice in before you play this tract. If your mental game is not strong are you over confident this course will take you money, and lunch! I had a very good round played all of my clubs except 3. Have a go to club on this course, you'll need it. Use mine several times. I mad 3 error shots, but scorecard didn't reflect from my average (85)Actually could have score high 70's missed to many par putts. Hole 10 most challenging. Play every par 3 like a par 2. Don't be intimidated by the layout or the view and you'll do fine. Enjoyed this course and I will be back. (1) negative took longer than 4 hours played behind a tournament. But still enjoyed Brickyard.

Have played this course many times, they seem to be the only course around that puts effort into their course, it’s in great shape!

This time of year

The best of this course is the layout. This was my first visit. I will be easy with this review. Layout of the course is great. Most cart paths are concrete; but some need repair. I enjoyed the elevation changes from tee boxes to greens. Looks as though recent rains have washed out and caused some mudslides. Fairways right now are brownish due to recent winter season. The greens actually were in decent shape; balls ran true. Golf carts are gas models; which is great for some of these hilly terrain. If you haven't played this course; get a map layout. Good course for practice rounds. I played mid afternoon; course wasn't backed up; kinda slow. Clubhouse and bar was clean. There is a range onsite. I hope my next visit; fairways maybe in better shape.

Nice, fun course

This course is pretty fun to play. The fairways aren’t too bad being winter weather. Greens are good and smooth although there are few greens with patches that were fixed and should grow in good this spring. The price is really good for the course also.

Full Attention

Do not let your mind wander due to the landscape. This course is just beautiful. The layout is one of the best in my opinion with such a great mix of elevation changes, tight fairways and uneven lies. I will never forget this place and it will always one I come back to. Outstanding place to play.

Great layout sabotaged by terrible conditions

I’m going to give it maybe a little bit of a break, because of the rain last night and since were getting to that time of year, but it’s not that it was super muddy, it’s that this course, which still could’ve been fun, was in terrible condition and this course needs somebody to come in and fix its problems. There are weeds all over the place, the greens are hairy and also weed plagued, and it’s not gonna help that they are letting carts drive on the grass today when they really shouldn’t. I see why it’s fallen in the rankings.

Lancaster, Texas