Sabal Springs Golf & Racquet Club

Sabal Springs Golf & Racquet Club
Scorecard for Sabal Springs
Blue M: 58.9/95 115 138 221 166 191 257 112 102 124 1426 336 108 184 290 163 233 134 106 299 1853 3279
White M: 57.0/90 115 124 221 137 168 201 112 102 124 1304 294 108 175 223 122 206 112 106 279 1625 2929
Red W: 53.0/83 70 85 210 61 107 136 88 87 111 955 214 92 93 184 91 196 86 92 193 1241 2196

Year Built 1988
Greens Paspalum Grass
Architect Gordon G. Lewis

Poor Customer Service

We are known as "Golf Nowers", so we checked in 24 minutes before our tee time and we were told we were way too early. We would have to wait 15 minutes before they could give us a cart key. We were told we would be paired up with another "Golf Now" twosome. @ minutes before our tee time, the pro shop person told us that his boss was "feeling generous "and let us tee off. No respect for golf now, or just for golfers in general. I played here twice last year and thought they might have been just having an off day in the pro shop, but this has happened twice again this year. I will not be playing here again.... There are too many other courses that treat people with respect.......

We were a foursome of senior ladies out for a fun day of golf. Course is perfect for a friendly game, not too serious. Booked 18 holes, but We quit after 9 holes because it was just too hot and humid. We were very disappointed that we were unable to finish the course. Will definitely play there again.

great shape at Sabel

this course was in very good shape on the greens and tee boxes over this time last year. the staff deserves a lot of credit for this since southwest florida has had only 5 inches of rain since November. my wife and I played in Clewiston, lake placid and sebring all of which were not in as good of shape as Sabel Spring

Nice day fast play

Be sure to bring your confirmation number from golf now!

I played this course with three buddies. Overall I really liked the layout, and it was very playable. My one complaint is that the fairways and greens were pretty hard. The greens rolled nicely but they didn’t really take incoming balls all that well because they were just so firm. Staff were friendly and pace of play was good. Overall I would recommend the course but it could be so much better if the fairways and greens had been watered more.

Terrible GM - Dave Stewart

I’ve got to say, I’m extremely disappointed in this course and Dave Stewart, the general manager. This morning, my buddy and I had a 7:21 tee time at this course and we were met with information that a 8:00AM shotgun tournament was scheduled for today. My buddy arrived first to putt and chip before the round. Dave took the time to yell from the clubhouse to my buddy on the putting green that he wanted us to “play slow” and “take our time” today. When I arrived and went into the clubhouse to pay, the pro shop cashier took our money, and Dave took the time to tell us to “slow down” and “don’t catch the members” today as a “favor.” This is the 2nd time my group has gotten this information. We were confused by this, because we couldn’t imagine why a 7:21 tee time was available before a shotgun tournament, but we agreed and went ahead to the first tee. No sooner after my buddy hit his first shot did Dave come around again to the tee box explaining the SAME INFORMATION he’s relayed multiple times to our group. At this point, I offered a solution of going out on a different hole to get try and avoid the shotgun, to which he stated, “you guys are fine right here.” He said “you won’t catch them [members], but don’t catch them.” We attempted to explain that telling us to slow our pace multiple times before a round and telling us not to come into contact with his members was not good business, and he shouldn’t have the 7:21 tee time available. The shotgun tournament was also not listed on the booking information for the tee time, as we wouldn’t have booked the time. He said it “never is,” but it “happens every weekend.” We tried to explain to him that it’s wrong to tell us to slow our pace of play 3x before a round, and if he couldn’t accommodate us, that would have been something to explain before we paid. He then kicked us off the course saying that we “didn’t need to play today.” He was unwilling to take ownership of his bad decision to offer a tee time before a shotgun tournament and unwilling to take the necessary steps to make this right. He just said “this is a private course” and “I don’t like your attitude” like we were beneath him. I was very disappointed, because this is a situation that I, as a seasoned golfer, have experienced before. However, other golf courses (more well managed, I suppose?) know how to handle the situation. Other courses have told us upon arrival that they are having a shotgun or scramble tournament and they can’t accommodate us, they APOLOGIZE and take responsibility, and offer a solution, whether thats an alternative time or alternate date. Dave wanted to take our money and tell us how to play golf, trying to squeeze as much money out of their day as possible. That tee time never should have been available, and it seemed like Dave was telling us these things to try and get us off the course so he didn’t have to deal with the potential member problems. He ultimately got his wish, and kicked us off the course at the drop of a hat. This is bad business, with a GM that treats public players like they are scum. A GM that doesn’t take responsibility for poor business decisions, who has no problem HARASSING public golfers about their pace of play so that the ambience isn’t ruined for his delicate members. I won’t be back, and it’s a shame that there is such a poor excuse of a GM running things over there.

Perfect Weather and Fast Play Today

Nice time at the course today. I got teamed up with 2 nice guys today with similar golf skills to me so we often played the same shots. Yes, we had perfect,. cool weather with not much wind and to top it off the 7? foot gator on the big lake along the 18th hole topped off our great day. Will play again there soon

Challenging Course

Course was in excellent shape, fairways and greens

Pace of play was excellent, not too busy at that time

(we played on a Monday at 2:15 pm)

Staff was really friendly

I would play again

Nice story course but pay attention. Tight and lots of water. But that too is ok. greens are a little slow Just figure it out. Had a great time Will be back. I would recommend this place. For the money on Golf Now it was great even after my wife beat me

Great place to play golf

They should have logo balls for us collectors. Course was fun and in good shape employees were courteous

Golf Now be aware

Course was OK , but the staff said we had to golf at our tee-off time even though there was over a half hour gap between tee-offs where no body was playing. We were told that we had to play with Golf Now players only at our tee-time , the next time we play there. Well there will be NO NEXT TIME.!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Golf Now Fans

Course is in fair shape. There were few golfers on the course yet we are not allowed to tee off 1 minute before our tee times. They would not acknowledge our names....just we are "Golf Now". Bar not open, no water or ice available on a hot day.

Sabal Springs - Too Many Water Holes!

The course was beautiful, the pace was great, and we did enjoy our game despite losing so many balls because of all the water on the course. Even the fellow we golfed with who was a much better golfer than we are said he wouldn't go back because of the water and layout. We don't mind the odd hole with water but this was a bit much. Too bad because it was pretty and close to where we are staying. Maybe it was just too challenging for us. We didn't really use the amenities so only rated it average.

good pace

this time of year the coares play slow

Sabal pace on Friday was very good

greens are in great shape

for a par 60 there's some nice part 4s

Tight Challenge for a rusty swing

The course is in good shape. Greens are small and sloped. I can see how it would be a very tight course for a beginner or a snowbird with a rusty swing.

Small but challenging! Really steps up your short game!

Lots of water and great to get your short game in check. Greens are a real challenge as well because of the slops.

Cape Coral, Florida