Moccasin Wallow Golf Club (previously known as Imperial Lakewoods Golf Club) is located at the intersection of I-75 and I-275 on exit 45 in Palmetto, less than a 30-minute drive from Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota. The course was designed by Ted McAnlis around 200 beautiful wooded acres with 16 lakes. The course's signature hole, No.18 (550 yard, par 5 dog leg around Imperial Lake), is chosen year after year by local golfers as the best par 5 in southwest Florida

Moccasin Wallow Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Fairways Celebration Bermuda
Greens Tif Eagle Bermuda 2016
Architect Ted McAnlis (1987)

Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, AMEX Welcomed
Walking Allowed Yes - after 3:00pm
Dress code No tanktops or cutoffs, no blue jeans.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Closed without Notice

Took the time to play a course that was a decent amount of time away. About an hour drive to find out the course was closed due to being under water. Only with a sign on the door. Every other course in area was open. Very disappointing and unprofessional. Will never be back.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you for your review. We do not have a way of contacting you directly as we contacted GolfNow. We let them know at 8:00 pm on Saturday that we were closed as well as sending out an email to the database. Golf now dies not include your email address when booking times and you also did it call our number as the message was on the voicemail. I am sure you did not check at all before you left to come to the golf course only were mad once arrived. I am sure you did not complain to golf now about receiving your refund. Please blame the booking agent and not the Golf course for you not being notified.

Mehhh course. Golf carts are fast.

The greens looked like they didn’t top-dress or water enough after they aerated them. The course itself has potential to be a fun and challenging layout. There is enough variety to make the place special if it was taken care of. If your going to have a cart path make it so you can drive on it. It looks terrible and drives even worse. Either pave it or take up the concrete and put down crushed shells. If your not going to mow at least edge or weed whack around the course. Frame it in somehow. Go out and buy sod and put it down in the tee-boxes. When the public course is your closest competition and you can’t distinguish yourself from them you have problems. All you have to do is look at the fountain in front of the main entrance to see what they care about appearance and upkeep.

Commented on 08/05/2020

Thank you for leaving review without asking questions. First your comment on the fountain doesn’t tell a story at all. What you didn’t see was that the fountain had been taken apart so that we could replace it with new motors and filters which were done the day you were here. The photo on 16 that you took two of was topdressed dirt which were put down after we had sprayed chemicals to treat for nematode damage. So as you say we aren’t distinguishing ourselves from them I’m just going to say you probably do not know enough about the grounds maintenance of a golf course and what goes on behind the scenes. You also do not know that they are starting construction on the parking lot as we speak. I can only say as they say in the south... bless your heart.

Fun course with some challenging holes

Course was in great shape. The fairways were green and well cut. The greens were almost perfect, just a few dead spots on the outside fringe of one hole. A few of the tee boxes were a bit beat up, but didn't effect my game at all. Overall, this is a $30 course in the summer. I will be back.

The Moc

Haven't been here in a few years, layout is fun, and fair. I would come back again.

Ripoff 1 dollar membership fee

See above and the employee that told me about this fee was rude!

Commented on 05/23/2020

Thank you for leaving 2 reviews and you thoughts on a "dollar ripoff." We are a membership platform golf club of which there is a $1 member for a day program which we are extending for one year as we build out our membership. This is no hidden fee which is clearly stated on the golf now website that you are required to pay at the golf course. Our employees are human and understand their role in the hospitality industry and I am sure were only reactive to which they were spoken to. Thank you very much and hope you have a splendid day.

A fun track

Much of the course is fair but challenging. #9 is extremely difficult to the point of near impossible. The green is a postage stamp. I can't imagine this hole is birdie but a hand full of times per year. I'm a single digit and find this hole to be difficult to the point of absurd.
The greens are what you'd expect for the value. Still fun.

Impressed By Greens

the greens were rolling very well especially during the times when many are aerated. The fairways and tee boxes were a little beat up but I'm not all that worried about that, prefer better greens. The layout was OK. I wasn't in love with it but def some good holes and def some very challenging holes like 9-11

Lucky we got it in!

The weather forecast showed 80% chance of rain... and it did rain to the north and the south... but at the Moc, we did not get a drop. And we played fast, in just over 2 hours. Only problem, my wife beat me... as she does a lot! :-( TA

Great day of golf at "The Moc"

Played the Moc for the first time today because I moved to the area. It was a wonderful experience. The layout, pace of play, and cost were all excellent. Started as a single, joined two other guys, and we all finished 18 holes in a shade under 3 hours. The course conditions were mixed. Greens are excellent. Aprons and greenside bunkers are good. Fairways are okay. Tee boxes, cart paths, roughs, and natural areas aren't appealing. In summary, management is putting the money into the things that matter most to me. Can't wait to play it again.

P.S. They have a good COVID-19 setup. Check-in is outside with mask and gloves.

Amazing greens and tees. Lay out is VERY good

BEST value in manatee/Sarasota
Great golf carts
Excellent customer service

Great Local Course

Great course layout for advanced to beginner golfers with very good practice facilities and great food. The tee boxes are a little rough due to lack of rain, but the greens are in great shape and the pins use a shallow styrofoam cup for COVID-19 play so your ball can actually go into the hole rather than bouncing off an extended cup like some courses have done..

I'll be back!

Course has been through some tough times and it shows. I would play it again, but only for fun. Lots of deferred maintenance and poorly maintained tees.

Commented on 04/24/2020

Thank you for leaving your review. We are seeing a pattern in your reviews as you played five times with us recently all in hotdeals. Please do not buy them and let others enjoy the experience that you do not share.

Nice day at The Moc!

The greens are in great shape and the pace of play was great. Our tee-time was 1:45 and we were out of there by 4:15. I finally beat my wife... that hasn't happened for a while. The course is easy to get to... right at the intersection of I-275 (the Sunshine Skyway) and NB I-75.

Great greens and layout

Staff there is very friendly and the greens are running fast and smooth. Layout is a lot of fun. They just need some rain because the tees and fairways could use the water...on a bright note your get a lot of roll off the tee! Worth the money for sure.

WeWereExpectingBetter

My husband golfed on Thanksgiving last year and couldn't wait to take me to see this beautiful course. After one hole and my obvious disappointment he said "just wait" indicating that he had high hopes that the rest of the course couldn't possibly be as rough as hole #1. By the 2nd hole he knew we wouldn't be back. If the whole course was as well maintained as the greens our review would have gone so differently.

Palmetto, Florida