Tarpon Woods Golf Club

2.3
2.3

Named after the creek that borders it, Tarpon Woods Golf Club is home to an abundance of wildlife including deer, alligators, turkeys, coyotes, and otters. The layout is not the Tampa Bay area's most challenging but it is one of the most scenic. Formerly Brooker Creek Golf Club, the club changed management and made several improvements to the bunkers, tee boxes, and greens in 2009. It has been a local favorite for more than 30 years. Overall the golf course is not particularly long but the front nine plays longer than the back. Each nine offers a unique set of challenges. The third hole is the longest and toughest with water that runs down the left side. There is also water on both sides of the approach to the green.
Back 72 6504 yards 71.3 129
Middle 72 6022 yards 69.5 124
Forward (W) 72 5252 yards 70.6 123
Scorecard for Tarpon Woods Golf Course
Back M: 71.3/129 383 333 557 201 528 411 410 167 378 3368 357 381 168 482 326 360 495 180 387 3136 6504
Middle M: 69.5/124 367 313 532 146 508 394 390 132 362 3144 335 348 136 450 307 326 479 154 343 2878 6022
Gold M: 68.8/122 W: 72.5/125 367 313 425 146 508 315 317 111 362 2864 303 331 136 441 307 326 436 154 340 2774 5638
Forward W: 70.6/123 335 257 425 120 432 315 317 111 306 2618 303 331 116 441 247 293 436 127 340 2634 5252

Year Built 1971
Fairways 419 Bermuda grass
Greens Tif-Bermuda
Architect Lane Marshall

Dress code Please wear traditional golf attire on our course, including collared shirts. No denim or cut-off shorts are allowed.

A Goat Ranch

This is a great course layout, but it is now a “Goat Ranch.” Jan Stephenson bought it Andy said she was going to bring to back to its “glory days.”

Well don’t waste your time suing here. The greens are terrible. Fairways have weeds every where. How long does it take, Jan?

loopsided

The course is coming back, sort of... There are quite a few holes that are in great shape, but then there are others that are just unplayable. A few of the greens are just a disaster. I would say most of the fairways and tee boxes are in fair shape, not great, borderline good, but fair... and the sand traps dont drain. The staff was friendly and for weekend morning there was nobody else on the course. Overall it was an enjoyable round, just wish the course was in better shape.

Be coming a worthwhile course to consider to play again

Been years since I even considered playing here. Went from bad to disaster a number of years ago. New ownership seems to be making a different. Fairways are OK. greens for the most part are playable, even the brown areas are smooth and grassy. Still has a way to go but you should consider booking a tee time here and see for yourself.....

Nothing short of a miracle

My buddies and I used to joke that this course was built on Indian burial ground numerous owners and yet this beautiful classic course was beyond playable. I saw some good reviews recently and decided to give it another shot and was absolutely blown away ! Ive never seen the greens as good as they are right now. The rest of the course was very good as well and will improve I’m sure being the new owners have only been there barely a year. Definitely worth playing great value . A job well done to Jan Stephenson for bringing this course back .

Could be so much more

We arrived at the course and went in to pay.

The person before me was offered balls to warm up and was treated very friendly.

I'm sure he was a local because we did not receive the same treatment.

We got in a cart and drove to the first hole.

No starter and no one paired with us and 2 foresomes in front of us.

Nearly 5 hours later we finished.

The course has a very nice layout but they need to maintain it far better than they do now. There are leaves all over the place except for the greens which were in pretty good shape.

The scorecard is useless as it has no accuracy at all for the hole distance.

I was surprised because Jan Stephenson took this course over and she has to know how to appeal to golfers.

Give it another chance.

In four months I watched this go from a place to practice for cheap money, to becoming a great place to play golf. The course improvements have been nothing short of spectacular. Pace of play needs a major improvement - 4:45 the last two rounds was way too much. But this remains a Great Value course. Challenging with lots of blind shots, dog legs and overhanging trees to navigate. The Par 3's are especially distinctive, and each hole has its own special character.

This Is Being Restored To Past Greatness

Come Play Tarpon Woods after Inch of rain the course was very playable Greens were fast and true Matt the Pro was awesome can’t wait to go back !

It's Back!

I have been playing Tarpon Woods for years. The past couple of years the course was in rough shape. Since Jan Stephenson took over in April 2017, the course has improved each week. The conditions were almost perfect on Saturday. The layout is fair and you will see lots of wildlife as well.

Definately Going Back

I used to play there many years ago. But, the condition went from bad to worse. I heard that LPGA player, Jan Stephenson recently took over so I gave it a try. I cannot believe how good the course is now. They also cater to disabled veterans and first responders and they are recognized by the Military Order of The Purple Heart for Veterans programs. I highly recommend that you give it another try. All I can say is WOW!

Great Course and Veteran Friendly!

I took two buddies to the course for a round of golf on ones birthday and while we weren't expecting much from the reviews we were more than pleased with what we found when we got there. We were greeted by the friendly staff and taken care of. We went out and played the front nine and the course was in great shape and the layout was challenging but enjoyable. Nice fairways and the greens were in good shape. The key for us was on the turn we came into the Pro Shop to get drinks and one of the staff overheard us talking about my friend being former military. They went above and beyond to show their appreciation with a special gift that was above and beyond. We then found out that this was the norm here as they are ran by the Jan Stephenson Crossroads Foundation which benefits wounded military and first responders. That sold us. We are working to have a regular outing here and look forward to playing here regularly.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018