2.4
1.8
1.8
2.3
2.3

Named after the creek that borders it, Tarpon Woods Golf Club is home to an abundance of wildlife including deer, alligators, turkeys, coyotes, and otters. The layout is not the Tampa Bay area's most challenging but it is one of the most scenic. Formerly Brooker Creek Golf Club, the club changed management and made several improvements to the bunkers, tee boxes, and greens in 2009. It has been a local favorite for more than 30 years. Overall the golf course is not particularly long but the front nine plays longer than the back. Each nine offers a unique set of challenges. The third hole is the longest and toughest with water that runs down the left side. There is also water on both sides of the approach to the green.

Year Built 1971
Fairways 419 Bermuda grass
Greens Tif-Bermuda
Architect Lane Marshall

Dress code Please wear traditional golf attire on our course, including collared shirts. No denim or cut-off shorts are allowed.

On the way back

Friday 8am only 1 car in lot. 2.5 hrs to get around. Course getting in shape again. Most greens in very good shape with only a few having some sand spots. Fairways very good as they can now cut them after all the rain. Only downside is bunkers. Grass growing only dirt no sand. They need major upgrade there.due to rsons csnt cut rough low enough so its tall and thick. Give it a shot again!

Greens are gone

More than half of the greens have large areas that are dirt or sand and one was almost totally dead. When we complained that $49 was to much for a course with dead greens we were basically ignored. Go elsewhere. Don't believe rebuttal that only 2 greens have an issue.

happy it's coming back

Our first time playing again since Jan Stephenson took over. I was dismayed by the recent negative reviews. I think one needs to know what winter Florida golf conditions are like. The course was indeed in disrepair before 2009. This past Sunday we played in under 4 hours albeit a foggy start to the day and they didn't seem very busy. Staff very friendly and being a Navy vet I was made to feel very appreciated. Fairways were better than some local courses. One must realize that this time of the year Bermuda grass is dormant. Instead of having to use ones putter from everywhere off the green, chipping was very possible using other clubs. Yes the greens were top-dressed to stimulate lusher growth but they were smooth, rolled true, and were of decent speed. The layout is very enjoyable, variable, and memorable. Overall a very enjoyable round and we were glad to have returned after many years away. My wife would appreciate more forward red tees!

Cow track

the reviews said updated course well not so much fairway horrible greens had grass missing bring lots of balls because where you think your ball landed it its not you wont find your ball $12 for a cold hot dog and a coke staff is very rude I told them about the conditions they said no one twisted my arm to play there never again if you like geriatric players this is your place if you care about your golf game find another

Commented on 02/21/2019

I'm sorry that you had a bad day at the course. Only 2 greens had an area on them, but they were still playable and rolled good. The restaurant and the golf course are separate businesses, if you were unhappy with the food or service, please let the owner know.

Extremly slow play.

If you don't mind 1) mowers on the greens while trying to play; plus the greens were more sand than grass. I understading arriating,is a must, but usually the sand is washed down afaterwards; 2) average age of player must be 90, so that equals extremely slow play; 3) 5+ hours for a game of golf and 4) starters rushing you thru when there no where to go.. Apparently to just screw you game up. Then this is the course for you. I will NEVER play this course again.

Commented on 02/21/2019

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience. By county code, we cannot start mowing until 6:45am, we have golfers of ALL ages that play here, Hopefully you will try us again.

Bad Greens - Yellow Grass Everywhere

Greens on every hole exhibit patches of problem areas - surrounding areas are either sand or yellowed grass. Fairways are good and so are the tee boxes. Layout is great - shame that it is not kept up. Also very unfriendly when you book online.

Commented on 02/21/2019

Mr. Hoszko, you book through Paradise Golf, so I would suggest contacting them for your "unfriendly online booking". You live on the course but you continue to put down the course on every site you find. The course is in good condition, with only 2 greens that had areas, but still playable and rolled good.

A Goat Ranch

This is a great course layout, but it is now a “Goat Ranch.” Jan Stephenson bought it Andy said she was going to bring to back to its “glory days.”
Well don’t waste your time suing here. The greens are terrible. Fairways have weeds every where. How long does it take, Jan?

Commented on 02/21/2019

Turning around a golf course that has had no attention, no water, no fertilizer, etc for more than 10 years, does not happen over night. The course was under Jan's control for only 4 months when you played. Hopefully you will give it another try.

loopsided

The course is coming back, sort of... There are quite a few holes that are in great shape, but then there are others that are just unplayable. A few of the greens are just a disaster. I would say most of the fairways and tee boxes are in fair shape, not great, borderline good, but fair... and the sand traps dont drain. The staff was friendly and for weekend morning there was nobody else on the course. Overall it was an enjoyable round, just wish the course was in better shape.

Be coming a worthwhile course to consider to play again

Been years since I even considered playing here. Went from bad to disaster a number of years ago. New ownership seems to be making a different. Fairways are OK. greens for the most part are playable, even the brown areas are smooth and grassy. Still has a way to go but you should consider booking a tee time here and see for yourself.....

Nothing short of a miracle

My buddies and I used to joke that this course was built on Indian burial ground numerous owners and yet this beautiful classic course was beyond playable. I saw some good reviews recently and decided to give it another shot and was absolutely blown away ! Ive never seen the greens as good as they are right now. The rest of the course was very good as well and will improve I’m sure being the new owners have only been there barely a year. Definitely worth playing great value . A job well done to Jan Stephenson for bringing this course back .

Could be so much more

We arrived at the course and went in to pay.
The person before me was offered balls to warm up and was treated very friendly.
I'm sure he was a local because we did not receive the same treatment.
We got in a cart and drove to the first hole.
No starter and no one paired with us and 2 foresomes in front of us.
Nearly 5 hours later we finished.
The course has a very nice layout but they need to maintain it far better than they do now. There are leaves all over the place except for the greens which were in pretty good shape.
The scorecard is useless as it has no accuracy at all for the hole distance.

I was surprised because Jan Stephenson took this course over and she has to know how to appeal to golfers.

Give it another chance.

In four months I watched this go from a place to practice for cheap money, to becoming a great place to play golf. The course improvements have been nothing short of spectacular. Pace of play needs a major improvement - 4:45 the last two rounds was way too much. But this remains a Great Value course. Challenging with lots of blind shots, dog legs and overhanging trees to navigate. The Par 3's are especially distinctive, and each hole has its own special character.

This Is Being Restored To Past Greatness

Come Play Tarpon Woods after Inch of rain the course was very playable Greens were fast and true Matt the Pro was awesome can’t wait to go back !

It's Back!

I have been playing Tarpon Woods for years. The past couple of years the course was in rough shape. Since Jan Stephenson took over in April 2017, the course has improved each week. The conditions were almost perfect on Saturday. The layout is fair and you will see lots of wildlife as well.

Definately Going Back

I used to play there many years ago. But, the condition went from bad to worse. I heard that LPGA player, Jan Stephenson recently took over so I gave it a try. I cannot believe how good the course is now. They also cater to disabled veterans and first responders and they are recognized by the Military Order of The Purple Heart for Veterans programs. I highly recommend that you give it another try. All I can say is WOW!

Great Course and Veteran Friendly!

I took two buddies to the course for a round of golf on ones birthday and while we weren't expecting much from the reviews we were more than pleased with what we found when we got there. We were greeted by the friendly staff and taken care of. We went out and played the front nine and the course was in great shape and the layout was challenging but enjoyable. Nice fairways and the greens were in good shape. The key for us was on the turn we came into the Pro Shop to get drinks and one of the staff overheard us talking about my friend being former military. They went above and beyond to show their appreciation with a special gift that was above and beyond. We then found out that this was the norm here as they are ran by the Jan Stephenson Crossroads Foundation which benefits wounded military and first responders. That sold us. We are working to have a regular outing here and look forward to playing here regularly.

Nice little course.

Played at 11am. The fairways are in good shape with plenty of grass. Some fairways need to be cut and are a little long. Most of the greens are in good shape. There are a couple of greens with some dead patches of grass. Greens are thick and a little slow. Overall this course is a fun little course it's in good condition. Staff is very friendly.

Tarpon Woods

The course, especially the greens are in need of serious TLC. The staff is very friendly. The Beef O Brady's was nice. I didn't feel rushed while I played. Great course for beginners or playing on a budget.

So much potential

I used to play here frequently but this was the first time I had in probably 4-5 years. The conditions were boarderline atrocious. Even the guys working there knew it. I guess it's been like this for some time.

Apparently, however, Jan Stephenson recently took ownership, so hopefully she cleans it up and gets it back to where it was.

Still such a friendly staff. The club pro, Matt Côte is a great guy and extremely helpful. The hospitality almost makes up for the conditions. ALMOST.

Beautiful scenery, and layout. The fairway is just simply non-existent. You're either hitting out of mud or sand on every shot after you tee off. They're better off just shutting the place down for 3 months to renovate. Back in the day, this place was one of the nicer courses in the area.

Worst I've Played in Tampa Bay Area in 4 Years

Sandy, rough tee boxes. Dry, hard, lotsa bare areas in fairways and lots of debris. Greens are the worst I've seen. Dry, hard, burnt, little grass on most greens. $44 was way too much. Should have been $15. I was told new management as of Apr. 1. Hope they can repair and maintain this course. I won't be back until I read a lot of favourable reviews.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.